Least favourite non-Bomber

Historically, that's a tough one... So many douchecanoes from which to choose. 

But active players? It's an easy one: Simoni Lawrence. I can't stand his cockiness and lame chirping, and so watching him during and after Grey Cup 107 was some of the best schadenfreude I've experienced in ages. 

13 hours ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

Oh please. Alfred Jackson once had 308 receiving yards in a game. Fred Reid had 260 rushing yards. Sean Salisbury once threw for 454 yards and 6 TDs in a game. Danny Barrett hit 601 passing. David Archer and Kent Austin each had a season of over 6,000 yards passing. Would you put any of them in the "best of the best" category? One big game (or season) does not make an all-time elite.

So, you're actually going to compare Sean Salisbury to Dunigan? That's not really a comparison. It's an insult. Dunigan  was a 2 time CFL Western All Star, 2 time East Division All Star, 1 time CFL South All Star, 3 time All CFL All Star & CFL Tom Pate Memorial Award winner (1989).  The Tom Pate Award is selected by the CFLPA & it is awarded to a player who shows strong leadership & sportsmanship on their team.  So, it is very much an award of his peers across the CFL. Dunigan was a 2 time Grey Cup winner.

He threw for 43,857 yards, 303 TDs & 211 interceptions. He rushed for 5.031 yards on 850 carries for a 5.9 yard average & another 77 touchdowns. He had a hand in 380 touchdowns as a runner & a thrower. Yes, Dunigan was an elite player. So, were Austin & Archer who had phenomenal seasons.

Edited by SpeedFlex27

Just now, bigg jay said:

Picking one is an impossible task.

Philiion, Sanchez, Ferri, Cox... and that's just from the Montreal teams of the past.  Ed Gainey & Nic Marshall are probably at the top of the current hate list - love when Darvin is in their face giving it right back to them.

that crew with Edam and Francis too were trying to start **** in warm ups at midfield prior to the West Final...as well as the west semi the year previous...and we just ignored it andf took care of business...difference between a team of pros and a bunch of individual putz's

9 minutes ago, Eternal optimist said:

Just gonna throw Duron Carter out there, hopefully his subpar season in BC is the deathknell of his uninspired career.

Good one.

Given his size, measureables, natural ability and family pedigree, I really feel like he should have had a long NFL career. Feels like he wasted his chances and ability to an extent.

21 minutes ago, Eternal optimist said:

Just gonna throw Duron Carter out there, hopefully his subpar season in BC is the deathknell of his uninspired career.

To be honest...I never minded Duron..was a bit weird/off at times and seemed a bit childish but he never really got to be nausiating until he got caught up in that Rider culture and followed the lead of the douchers there..wasn't nearly as much of a doucher in BC...

16 minutes ago, Booch said:

To be honest...I never minded Duron..was a bit weird/off at times and seemed a bit childish but he never really got to be nausiating until he got caught up in that Rider culture and followed the lead of the douchers there..wasn't nearly as much of a doucher in BC...

Wasn't much of a player in BC, either. He will go down in CFL history as one if not the biggest waste of talent. 

1 hour ago, MOBomberFan said:

DC had/has crazy talent. In the back of my mind I've often wondered if O'Shea and co. could slap some polish on that turd and make him a legit CFL receiver. Probably not worth even trying at this point...

I would say no, even though he was crazy talented, he was supremely lazy and conceited. He would never throw blocks for other players and always had a "me first" mentality. He played for four different colleges and five different professional teams across two leagues in 10 years.

I would like to think the Bombers would be able to reign him in... but being academically ineligible during his Ohio State days, drug suspensions with the Riders, overzealous TD celebrations (causing more suspensions)... so much potential just wasted, mostly due to lack of applying himself. At some point you've got to look at yourself in the mirror...

On 2020-07-07 at 2:08 PM, Noeller said:

Damon Allen by far the most overrated CFL QB ever. There's a reason he wasn't a first ballot HOFer......

Second highest passing yards all time (72,381 yards), second highest TD passes thrown (394), 3rd highest rushing total all time (11,920), 3rd highest rushing TDs (93), 4 Grey Cup Championships on three teams but okay most overrated CFL QB ever.

5 hours ago, Esks1975 said:

Second highest passing yards all time (72,381 yards), second highest TD passes thrown (394), 3rd highest rushing total all time (11,920), 3rd highest rushing TDs (93), 4 Grey Cup Championships on three teams but okay most overrated CFL QB ever.

Played for about a million years... I mean Kevin glenn is up there on all time lists because of longevity but no one is calling him one of the top ever.

6 hours ago, Esks1975 said:

I guess that means Troy Westwood is top 5 best place kickers in CFL history as he currently is sitting 5th for all time field goals.  

15 hours ago, 17to85 said:

Played for about a million years... I mean Kevin glenn is up there on all time lists because of longevity but no one is calling him one of the top ever.

How many Grey Cups has Glenn won as a starter? Outstanding Player Awards? How many teams did he put on his back in the playoffs? 

Edited by SpeedFlex27

18 hours ago, Brandon said:

Stegall won 0 Grey Cups.... I guess he sucks.  

Esks 1975's talking about 17to85's argument about longevity. Glenn was never dominant. He  was a journeyman who'd never elevate his teammates. Allen was & could. Stegall was a dominant player. Right up there with the best with players like Pitts. Maybe even GOAT.

Edited by SpeedFlex27

42 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Esks 1975's talking about 17to85's argument about longevity. Glenn was never dominant. He  was a journeyman who'd never elevate his teammates. Allen was & could. Stegall was a dominant player. Right up there with the best with players like Pitts. Maybe even GOAT.

Allen wasn't dominant either. He wasn't a shrinking violet in big games and that is too his credit but damon Allen was never the best qb in the league. He was just ok but played forever.

18 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

Allen wasn't dominant either. He wasn't a shrinking violet in big games and that is too his credit but damon Allen was never the best qb in the league. He was just ok but played forever.

Three Grey Cups with 3 different teams. CFL's leading passer for 11 years. Shrinking violets don't play 20 seasons if they're **** assed scared. Lol. I get you & Relleon don't like the guy & that's fine but your absolute hatred makes no sense. I think he was a better qb than Anthony Calvillo.  Ask yourself this question. Could Calvillo have won a Grey Cup with 3 different teams? My answer is no.  Not a CHANCE.

Edited by SpeedFlex27

3 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Three Grey Cups with 3 different teams. CFL's leading passer for 11 years. Shrinking violets don't play 20 seasons if they're **** assed scared. Lol. I get you & Relleon don't like the guy & that's fine but your absolute hatred makes no sense. I think he was a better qb than Anthony Calvillo.  Ask yourself this question. Could Calvillo have won a Grey Cup with 3 different teams? My answer is no.  Not a CHANCE.

Goes back to Troy Westwood... I guess that makes him top 5 place kicker of all time otherwise he wouldn't of lasted so long.

10 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

See i don't hate Allen at all. I just think he is over rated. I would take Calvillo over Allen any day and twice on Sundays.... Allen was never a guy who would be my first choice at qb in any era he played in. That he played a long time and piled up a lot of stats over that time doesn't change that fact.