Favourite Non Bomber

Jpan85

2 minutes ago, Piggy 1 said:

I'm a gonna go with Ricky Ray, guy was like a Timex, took a lickin and kept on tickin. Also a class act off the field.

that corner route with Jason Tucker ... everyone knew it was coming, no one could stop it.

The 2005 Grey Cup, him vs. Cavillo, is the greatest football game I've ever seen live.

On 2020-06-29 at 9:12 AM, M.Silverback said:

Mervyn Fernandez - BC Lions - really dominant player. Also had a decent NFL career.

Have to agree with Swervin Mervyn. I met him at the IGF Packers Raiders tilt last year. He is a very large guy and massive mitts. Said to him “nice to meet you Sir. But I have to say I hated your guts. You’d pick us apart and were unstoppable. It’s my pleasure to meet you”. Well he bust out laughing and responded, “you know how many people today have said they hated me (Lol)”. I really did hate this guy back then. 

“Granny” Liggins - quick off the line and teammates of the great Wayne Harris and John Helton. Granville had eye problems and had to wear shades while on the bench. 

Tom “Wilkie” Wilkinson. Too slow, too short, too swollen, couldn’t throw, though he won. 

Matt Dunigan, when ever he wasn’t a Bomber. 

Angelo “King Kong” Mosca. Because he was a wrassler too. 

Edited by Rod Black

Doug Flutie - Best CFL QB

Warren Moon - Second best

Mike Pringle - Everyone in the stadium knew he was getting the ball, still couldn't stop him

Jim Young - Dirty 30, shoulda been an NFL receiver

Nik Lewis - Quick Nik or Thick Nik, he can play on my team any time.

Larry Highbaugh - Dude could turn a game around by himself

Gizmo Williams - Also turned games around by himself.

James Quick Parker - Almost impossible to stop

1 hour ago, Piggy 1 said:

I'm a gonna go with Ricky Ray, guy was like a Timex, took a lickin and kept on tickin. Also a class act off the field.

If I absolutely HAD to pick someone........this would probably be it. But, also, **** anyone who wasn't a Bomber...

once upon a time I would've said Darian Durant. At hist best, that dude could make plays that no other CFL QB could make. As a fan of the game, watching him physically dominate DEs was pretty awesome.  And his duels against AC are some all-time CFL classics.

I was actually pretty stoked to hear we signed him! but then he was  a dink and we got Streveller instead.

2 hours ago, Rod Black said:

Have to agree with Swervin Mervyn. I met him at the IGF Packers Raiders tilt last year. He is a very large guy and massive mitts. Said to him “nice to meet you Sir. But I have to say I hated your guts. You’d pick us apart and were unstoppable. It’s my pleasure to meet you”. Well he bust out laughing and responded, “you know how many people today have said they hated me (Lol)”. I really did hate this guy back then.

I had exactly this speech ready for if I ever met Swervin' Mervyn.  I guess there's a lot of people like us.

I still regret I never got to give it to Don Matthews. 

2 hours ago, johnzo said:

once upon a time I would've said Darian Durant. At hist best, that dude could make plays that no other CFL QB could make.

I will disagree... I found a lot of Durant's success was him hucking the ball in the air and his receivers making big plays for him.   When the receivers wouldn't make the plays he struggled.    

3 minutes ago, Brandon said:

I will disagree... I found a lot of Durant's success was him hucking the ball in the air and his receivers making big plays for him.   When the receivers wouldn't make the plays he struggled.    

And kory sheets getting 200 yards

On 2020-06-30 at 3:59 PM, johnzo said:

once upon a time I would've said Darian Durant. At hist best, that dude could make plays that no other CFL QB could make. As a fan of the game, watching him physically dominate DEs was pretty awesome.  And his duels against AC are some all-time CFL classics.

I was actually pretty stoked to hear we signed him! but then he was  a dink and we got Streveller instead.

Just remember, Durant’s shenanigans landed us both Adam Bighill and Chris Streveler, so do we hate him or thank him?

See the source image

14_Greg_Barton_football_card.jpg

For purely selfish reasons, this is my favourite Non Bomber player. Greg Barton. The former Philadelphia Eagle, Detroit Lion, Toronto Argonaut & Portland Storm (World Football  League) qb. Not because of anything he did on the field but for what he did for my football playing son nearly 3 decades after Greg retired from pro ball to Portland, Oregon.

Over the years, Greg transformed Tyler's throwing style from that of a Tim Tebow long windup with different release points on every throw to a quick, compact & efficient delivery with a constant release point.  That took years of practice & patience to accomplish. 

There was no one in Calgary to teach throwing fundamentals to kids when my son played. Anyone that could wasn't interested in doing so. Therefore, we went down to Portland for Greg's tutelage at least twice a year for about a week at a time for over a decade starting in 2003. 

Greg  passed away a year ago this coming August. 

Edited by SpeedFlex27

On 2020-07-06 at 10:47 PM, SpeedFlex27 said:

See the source image

14_Greg_Barton_football_card.jpg

For purely selfish reasons, this is my favourite Non Bomber player. Greg Barton. The former Philadelphia Eagle, Detroit Lion, Toronto Argonaut & Portland Storm (World Football  League) qb. Not because of anything he did on the field but for what he did for my football playing son nearly 3 decades after Greg retired from pro ball to Portland, Oregon.

Over the years, Greg transformed Tyler's throwing style from that of a Tim Tebow long windup with different release points on every throw to a quick, compact & efficient delivery with a constant release point.  That took years of practice & patience to accomplish. 

There was no one in Calgary to teach throwing fundamentals to kids when my son played. Anyone that could wasn't interested in doing so. Therefore, we went down to Portland for Greg's tutelage at least twice a year for about a week at a time for over a decade starting in 2003. 

Greg  passed away a year ago this coming August. 

I could tell you guys the whole story about Greg & Tyler. And what he meant to many young qbs & their families in the 30 plus years he coached. But I don't want to bore anyone which is why my post is so brief.