Favourite Non Bomber

Jpan85

Yes, thick Nik would probably have to top my list as well. His bruising frame, sure hands, deceptive agility... when he wasn't running trucking DBs and LBs he was hurdling them. His interviews were hilarious, his attitude was infectious... his twitter jokes crossed a few lines now and again but hey, nobodies perfect. Imagine he was a Bomber during Swaggerville.

8 hours ago, Jpan85 said:

Was watching 2008 West Final and Nik Lewis hands down is my favourite CFL player that never was with the Bombers

Ewww gross. 

Maybe it was living in Calgary but I never liked him. I appreciated the game he played and he seemed involved with the fans.... but damn was he arrogant about the stampeders. 

Also **** anyone who isn't a bomber.

2 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Yeah but with all due respect that's a dumb view of the world. Don't derail a thread because you hate every other player who plays elsewhere as I don't want to hear it. Just don't partake in the conversation. Wouldn't it be interesting if the Bombers had a team & no one else did? 

I'll take talking about other team players over stupid politics & disease anytime. 

Hey....could you get other team sites to run all of OUR star guys who won the 19' Cup  and then some of OUR our stars of the past in a thread.....I wonder if that would fly????

I liked this thread idea as a fan of football and the CFL, and as an actual football discussion. Is it dead because there's some unwritten rule that we're not allowed to appreciate talented CFL players who are not Bombers? I'm not abiding by that rule. Here's four Western Conference players I loved watching, but hated when they were dominating our Bombers:

Mervyn Fernandez - BC Lions - really dominant player. Also had a decent NFL career.

Warren Moon - Edmonton - Best player I have ever seen play in the CFL.

John Helton - Calgary - Also a former Bomber, but, killed us for 10 years as a Stampeder

Bobby Jurasin - Saskatchewan - Always disruptive, always involved. Secretly wished he was a Bomber

And my Eastern conference CFL players:

Anthony Calvillo - Montreal - At first I'd notice that a D-lineman was always a half second too late getting to him, thinking next time he'll get there. Well, there was rarely a next time. Just Calvillo carving up defenses with the quickest release and best passing accuracy I've ever seen in a CFL QB. Amazing player. Could have easily started in the NFL

Tony Gabriel - Ottawa - You could drop him in today's game in his prime and he'd still dominate. Great hands, red zone monster.

Grover Covington - Hamilton - One of those players that opposing O-lines would circle on the schedule at the beginning of the year as a possible game where they might sit out with an "injury". Absolute terror

Terry Greer - Toronto - Pinball was the greatest Argo. But, Greer put up 2000 yards in 1983! Pretty much could not be covered in the CFL

Edited by M.Silverback

2 hours ago, M.Silverback said:

I liked this thread idea as a fan of football and the CFL, and as an actual football discussion. Is it dead because there's some unwritten rule that we're not allowed to appreciate talented CFL players who are not Bombers? I'm not abiding by that rule. Here's four Western Conference players I loved watching, but hated when they were dominating our Bombers:

Mervyn Fernandez - BC Lions - really dominant player. Also had a decent NFL career.

Warren Moon - Edmonton - Best player I have ever seen play in the CFL.

John Helton - Calgary - Also a former Bomber, but, killed us for 10 years as a Stampeder

Bobby Jurasin - Saskatchewan - Always disruptive, always involved. Secretly wished he was a Bomber

What's really ridiculous is how some here go on and on about how terrible Riderfans is because they engage in militant groupthink and ban people who don't fall all over the Riders and want to talk about other teams, yet display the same insecurity here by criticizing a topic that dares go outside the Bomber boundaries. But I digress:

BC - Nick Hebeler was a pretty funny guy, Darren Flutie who I first thought was simply riding on his brother's coattails actually had quite a good career playing without Doug throwing to him, Lulay is as tough as they come, respected Pierce and Harris before they became Bombers

Edmonton - Brian Kelly was clutch and just looked like he worked harder on every play than everyone else, maybe because he looked smaller on the field. Warren Moon gets the Gretzky treatment - hated him when he regularly torched the Bombers, have massive respect for how good he was now that he's gone.

Calgary - Doug Flutie was a big CFL booster throughout his time here and never talked down the league even after he went back to the NFL. Seemed to genuinely appreciate the second chance he got up here.

Saskatchewan - Ray Elgaard was frustrating in how he "cheated" off the line of scrimmage on seemingly every play and never got called for it, but I'll credit him for one great awards show speech he gave. The year Dunigan and Flutie were up for MOP and both presented an award earlier, they did the usual pre-award banter and Dunigan finished by saying "OK do you think we've done enough suckholing now, should we get on with giving the award?". So Elgaard later wins Outstanding Canadian and starts the usual list of thank you's, then says "I also want to thank Matt Dunigan for setting the bar and making it acceptable for me to use the word "suckhole" in my acceptance speech. And while we're on that topic, I want to acknowledge the Football Reporters of Canada who voted for me"

Hamilton - Clements, DiPietro. Love Neil Lumsden as a colour guy, especially when he pairs up with Irving when the Bombers play the Cats in Hamilton.

Toronto - Already picked Pinball, Carl Brazley was a good guy and always got into a friendly banter with opposing fans without it ever being mean spirited, O'Shea and Dan Ferrone always showed class in speaking about their opponents.

Ottawa - JC Watts, Tony Gabriel

Montreal - Calvillo also gets the Gretzky treatment, but super humble and classy and who can root against someone who battled cancer and had to watch his wife go through the same thing?

Edited by TrueBlue4ever

I deleted my remarks about some of my non favourite players. Why should I be berated & mocked because I appreciate players on other teams?? Some here better start realizing that they're no better than some of the dumbass Prider fans that they claim they despise yet they act in the same childish way.  Anyway, done with this thread.