Black Lives Matter

Rich

2 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

Nah all I'm saying is that I bet they regret choosing party line greed over ousting Trump when they had the chance. Not that they feel bad for what has happened but because he's sewering republican reelection chances everywhere. 

They had an easy out and fumbled it.

Vote the whole lot out. Make this election an historical one in most GOP seats ever lost. Then the MAGAts will have to scatter and hide once again.

1 hour ago, The Unknown Poster said:

I think Barr may be going for an insanity defense.  

This is the same man who said this when being annilahited by Kamala Harris in asking him about whether Trump or anyone in the White House suggested he investigate certain people:

"I'm trying to grapple with the word 'suggest''".

2 hours ago, HardCoreBlue said:

This is the same man who said this when being annilahited by Kamala Harris in asking him about whether Trump or anyone in the White House suggested he investigate certain people:

"I'm trying to grapple with the word 'suggest''".

Still trying to grapple with the concept of "integrity."   Losing badly.

https://religionnews.com/2020/06/04/we-all-have-racial-bias-even-cops-attacking-racial-justice-protesters/

After seeing more an more videos, hard to ignore the increasing perception (reality?) that the police culture is so much more than “a few bad apples” or even a product of unconscious systemic racism, and is just at it’s core authoritarian and truly racist. With all the attention on them following George Floyd and with cameras everywhere, I keep seeing images of unprovoked attacks on unarmed, peaceful protestors. Have to face the disappointing and disillusioning truth that they are at their most basic not about protecting and serving but rather controlling and dominating. And they are working for an authoritarian wannabe dictator against the citizens they were sworn to protect. Who can stand up to that?

11 hours ago, The Unknown Poster said:

My hope is, knowing most of the GOP actually hates him, if he's delivered a big loss, Congress wont allow him to do anything horrific.

This is a forelorn hope.  If Trump loses big, the GOP will be too busy trying to confirm as many judges as they can during the lame-duck session.

The GOP is full of people who hate each other, but the ties that bind them are stronger than the ties that push them apart.

On 2020-06-03 at 1:47 PM, wanna-b-fanboy said:

Honest question about this:

If I was a protester... and these guys come at us... without any indication of their authority or where that authority originates from... can we fight back to defend ourselves? 

Check out the story of Breanna Taylor.  Fuckup Kentucky cops no-knocked her apartment by mistake -- they were after a suspect who was already in custody and their target address was about ten miles away. 

Her boyfriend stood his ground and shot at them, and so the cops riddled her with gunfire.  She was shot eight times. 

When they say "light 'em up" I guess that's what they mean.

The essence of warrior copdom in the USA is "**** with us and die."  You fight back against a cop, they will escalate like a mobster.  Maybe you win in court afterwards, but maybe you're dead.

9 hours ago, Tracker said:

Bernie Sanders calls on Democrats to embrace 8-point plan to end police brutality
"We have got to act boldly to eradicate systemic racism and police violence," Bernie Sanders tweeted

As the nationwide uprising catalyzed by the police killing of George Floyd continues to bring hundreds of thousands of Americans into city streets around the U.S., Sen. Bernie Sanders is urging the Democratic leadership to embrace a slate of specific policy proposals aimed at mitigating the intertwined crises of systemic racism and unaccountable brutality by law enforcement.

"I am calling for sweeping policy reforms to protect people — particularly communities of color — who have suffered violence for far too long," the Vermont senator wrote in a letter (pdf) to Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer (D-N.Y.) on Wednesday.

Sanders' letter outlines eight policy proposals that the senator says would, if implemented, "contribute greatly to the eradication of police violence in this country."

Amend federal civil rights laws to allow more effective prosecution of police misconduct by changing the standard from willfulness to recklessness;
Abolish "qualified immunity," so police officers can be held civilly liable for abuses;
Prohibit the transfer of offensive military equipment to police departments;
Strip federal funds from departments that violate civil rights;
Create a federal model policing program that emphasizes de-escalation, non-lethal force and culturally competent policing in which access to federal funds depends upon the level of reform adopted. As part of this effort to modernize and humanize police departments we need to enhance the recruitment pool by ensuring that the resources are available to pay wages that will attract the top-tier officers we need to do the difficult work of policing;
Provide funding to states and municipalities to create civilian corps of unarmed first responders to supplement law enforcement, such as social workers, EMTs, and trained mental health professionals, who can handle order maintenance violations, mental health emergencies, and low-level conflicts to aid police officers;
Require agencies to make records of police misconduct publicly available;
Require all jurisdictions that receive federal grant funding to establish independent police conduct review boards that are broadly representative of the community and that have the authority to refer deaths that occur at the hands of police or in police custody to federal authorities for investigation. In addition, the boards would be authorized to report to federal authorities other types of abuses by police including patterns of misconduct. This would be supplemental to current federal authority to commence investigations. Clearly we need to enhance federal funding for such investigations

I love how Bernie is always criticized for never having a plan... and he's always the only one with an actual clear plan

Meanwhile Joe Biden is going to have some 'discussions'... and start thinking about things

A couple of "tricks" the police are using here.  They want to crowd to move but the crowd is not moving fast enough so rather then keep the peace, the police instigate a conflict so they have an excuse to escalate it and forcibly and violently disperse the crowd.

Secondly, the POS that is desperate to hit someone with his club, hits a young guy who has done nothing and the cop immediately arrests him.  Now, he has leverage.  His reports will say the kid assaulted him, resisted arrest etc.  And it washes away the fact the cop assaulted the kid with a weapon.  In this case, there is video.  But thats the fall back leverage.  Kid will be charged so that his lawyer can be offered a deal - drop your complaint against our officer and we'll drop the charges against you. And ofcourse, it costs the kid X amount of money when he did nothing wrong (seemingly).

Edited by The Unknown Poster