Black Lives Matter

Rich

1 hour ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

I don’t like to throw around the word “racist” lightly - there are many forms of ignorance that can be displayed that are inappropriate but do not make the person an out-and-out racist. 

But I will say this strongly to Brandon. I have found a lot of his comments here offensive to me personally. I won’t assume to speak for the masses. I have shrugged them off so far as ill-informed in my opinion, but since he has decided to declare another poster as “racist” for making generalities, I invite him and everyone else to re-visit his own posts where he talks about a “culture” that he seems to ascribe to only one visible minority, and ask if this does not meet his very own definition? Either the definition of “racism” proposed by his last message needs to be discounted as incorrect, or he needs to read-think the toxicity of his own statements if the label of “racist” is going to be thrown about.

I'm really surprised he hasn't received a warning/timeout from a mod yet.  You don't have to be a dog to hear his whistle.

3 minutes ago, Wideleft said:

I'm really surprised he hasn't received a warning/timeout from a mod yet.  You don't have to be a dog to hear his whistle.

Get a warning because I have a different opinion?  Or because my opinion is that I think racism is bad,  I think that most people are good, and the violence is bad?  Yes I should get warned for this?   

13 minutes ago, Brandon said:

Get a warning because I have a different opinion?  Or because my opinion is that I think racism is bad,  I think that most people are good, and the violence is bad?  Yes I should get warned for this?   

You're not going to like this, but here we go:

Would you like to retract your statement that black people are predisposed to commit acts of violence.  That's what you said.  Do you want to retract it?

3 minutes ago, Wideleft said:

You're not going to like this, but here we go:

Would you like to retract your statement that black people are predisposed to commit acts of violence.  That's what you said.  Do you want to retract it?

Yup.   At this point as the videos keep coming out it's a mix of mostly younger people and a few crazy old people with cross bows.   I definitely was wrong and have posted a few videos showing a group of different people being idiots.  Poverty is usually associated with acts of crime and violence and that's what I said before in other threads.   Usually gang life is associated with violence,  why do people join gangs?  I'm assuming it's because they come from broken families and are left to defend themselves at a young age and it's either eat or be eaten so it's safer to join a gang.    

You might not like this but I don't think you and most of the people on this board are racist.  I think everyone is good people.  I can't remember a time at all of anyone making any racist remarks about any players on our team or others. Closest to anything bad that I've seen on this board is people insulting people in Saskatchewan for being inbred?  

Trump and Barr Move Another Step Closer To Dictatorship:

Barr Promises to Sic Terrorism Task Forces on Protesters

The nationwide network of Joint Terrorism Task Forces aren’t built to go after property crimes committed by protesters. But, veterans say, the rule of law isn’t the point here.
Attorney General Bill Barr told state governors on Monday that the Department of Justice was prepared to use the FBI’s regional counterterrorism hubs to share information with local law enforcement about “extremists” and “agitators” in the protests sweeping the country. 

Barr said the Justice Department would tap Joint Terrorism Task Forces (JTTFs)—regional groups that ordinarily unite area FBI agents with state, local and federal law enforcement to monitor and pursue suspected terrorists—to “identify people in the crowd, pull them out and prosecute them.”

https://www.thedailybeast.com/bill-barr-pledges-to-sic-terrorism-task-forces-on-protesters?ref=home

Matt Gaetz’s Tweet About Hunting Antifa ‘Terrorists’ Gets Twitter Warning Label

Rep. Matt Gaetz (R-FL) fired off an incendiary tweet Monday, asking if the U.S. can “hunt” down members of the left-wing anti-fascist group antifa. “Now that we clearly see Antifa as terrorists, can we hunt them down like we do those in the Middle East?” the Republican lawmaker said. Twitter on Monday restricted the Florida lawmaker’s tweet for violating its policies against glorifying violence—but did not remove it.

(When someone who has Trump's ear says something like this, you bet that there is a real threat here)

2 minutes ago, Brandon said:

Yup.   At this point as the videos keep coming out it's a mix of mostly younger people and a few crazy old people with cross bows.   I definitely was wrong and have posted a few videos showing a group of different people being idiots.  Poverty is usually associated with acts of crime and violence and that's what I said before in other threads.   Usually gang life is associated with violence,  why do people join gangs?  I'm assuming it's because they come from broken families and are left to defend themselves at a young age and it's either eat or be eaten so it's safer to join a gang.    

You might not like this but I don't think you and most of the people on this board are racist.  I think everyone is good people.  I can't remember a time at all of anyone making any racist remarks about any players on our team or others. Closest to anything bad that I've seen on this board is people insulting people in Saskatchewan for being inbred?  

But you were so free to express those thoughts.  It couldn't be because you assume everyone on this board is white?  That's the privilege you are granted just being born white.  

The gang angle is weak.  Gangs come in all forms.  The Hells Angels don't allow blacks in their membership.  Storm Front is essentially a gang and they are Nazis.  You've either never heard of Asian gangs, South American gangs, German gangs or English gangs, or they were omitted because they didn't fit your narrative.

I'm also curious as to whether you even knew about the Hong Kong riots or Charlottesville when you blamed the current situation on one culture.

It's good that you're retracting those comments only minutes after stating the right to express your opinion.  

The Saskatchewan insults are not my cup of tea, but if you think that's some form of racism, you really need to learn more about the subject.

2 minutes ago, Wideleft said:

The gang angle is weak.  Gangs come in all forms.  The Hells Angels don't allow blacks in their membership.  Storm Front is essentially a gang and they are Nazis.  You've either never heard of Asian gangs, South American gangs, German gangs or English gangs, or they were omitted because they didn't fit your narrative.

Not true.  While they didn't have black members for a long time, they have had blacks members for at least 20 years.  They are few and far between but they are there.  

1 hour ago, Brandon said:

It looks like the UFC Light Heavyweight division will be cleaning up the streets!   Those are two guys I would not want to mess with!  Good for them!  When Jon Jones even for a brief moment is a good guy you know the world is upside down! 

Not sure Liddell's NRA shirt was the best choice of things to wear... slightly better than a MAGA one I guess?

1 hour ago, bigg jay said:

Not true.  While they didn't have black members for a long time, they have had blacks members for at least 20 years.  They are few and far between but they are there.  

I stand corrected.  Thanks.

24 minutes ago, Wideleft said:

Anybody wondering why there are 11 pages about "riots" (not protests) and yet no one (including me) saw fit to start a thread about police murdering George Floyd?  

What does it say about us that we find one subject so much more noteworthy than the other?

In the video thread and most likely the U.S. politics thread. 

1 hour ago, Wideleft said:

Anybody wondering why there are 11 pages about "riots" (not protests) and yet no one (including me) saw fit to start a thread about police murdering George Floyd?  

What does it say about us that we find one subject so much more noteworthy than the other?

I put the video in the video thread (or news thread I Can’t remember) when it happened.   Sadly I figured it was just another example of police violence.  I suspect rich started a thread so as not to muddy the US politics thread