Black Lives Matter

Rich

2 hours ago, Throw Long Bannatyne said:

This event has grown well beyond a "protest",  it should be classified as a riot moving on towards anarchy at this point, time for some fully-automatic weapons to put a stop to the party and take back the streets.  Just as many non-blacks involved  in creating chaos as blacks, here is a video of some suburban kid's having fun ripping stuff up, the target looks to be a US Postal depot.

As I said before.... it's part of the culture ... most of the people causing the **** are looking excuses to act like an animal.  It completely kills and diminishes the original problems/issues.   

1 hour ago, Mark H. said:

To be clear, I am not defending Trump, I am the last guy who would do that. But most of this is not on Trump, it is a long - standing U.S. issue.  Let’s not forget the riots in St. Louis - during Obama’s tenure. Blaming a president is an oversimplification of a deeply rooted and complex issue. 

Disagree. Trump brought this out with his rhetoric the past 4 years. He's as much to blame as the rioters doing damage. 

1 hour ago, The Unknown Poster said:

True. But there is little doubt race relations have only gotten more tense under his presidency. A lot of racists would keep to their own but now feel it’s a legitimate viewpoint because of trump.  He’s made the US far more divided.    

That’s what I was getting at. 
They are not the USA, but rather the Divided States of America.

22 minutes ago, Tracker said:

Trump is already setting new lows for presidential conduct, and even if there is lots of dry tinder lying around, the person who throws the lit match onto it bears the ultimate responsibility. I hope that when Trump is evicted from the White House in disgrace, there will be criminal investigations into him, Barr and the whole lot.

Oops, reacted to the wrong quote. Deleted. 

Edited by SpeedFlex27

11 minutes ago, Tracker said:

‘Brutal and unacceptable’: Calls for arrest of NYPD cop who put woman in the ER during protests

Written by Bob Brigham / Raw Story May 30, 2020
The Speaker of the New York City Council is demanding accountability for a NYPD officer caught on tape violently striking a woman during protests of police violence.

Video of the incident appeared on social media on Friday. The video appears to show the cop running up to and shoving the woman, launching her off her feet.

Frank Reagan won't be pleased.

Laura Ingraham to black Americans: Trump understands police brutality because of the Mueller probe

MAY 30, 2020 12:30AM (UTC)
Amid a stunning outburst of racially charged unrest across the country following the death of an unarmed black man in police custody, Fox News personality Laura Ingraham — who has been called a "Neo-Nazi fan favorite" by Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, D-N.Y.; a "white supremacist" by Rep. Joaquin Castro, D-Texas; and a "racist" and a "monster" by her own brother — assured black Americans on Thursday night that President Donald Trump's "own experience" with the "out-of-control" Russia investigation had given him an empathic understanding of "poisonous" police brutality.

(Everything is fine now)

https://www.salon.com/2020/05/29/laura-ingraham-to-black-americans-trump-understands-police-brutality-because-of-the-mueller-probe/

11 minutes ago, Brandon said:

No they are not,  you do realize that across the states the different police departments are independent from each other.   Just because Sam Katz was corrupt does that make every single mayor Winnipeg has had and across Canada also corrupt? 

Every cop that has killed a Black man has been acquitted. Some cops think that they can act with impunity & there'll be no consequences. The police & justice system in the US are corrupt. 

In Minneapolis, a police union gone rogue

To get some idea of the battle that goes on between the mayor and the police union, here is a story that was reported about a year ago.

In open defiance of Minneapolis Mayor Jacob Frey, the union that represents the city’s roughly 900 rank-and-file police officers announced that it is partnering with a national police organization to offer free “warrior-style” training for any officer who wants it…

The announcement comes in response to Frey’s ban of the popular training style, which he first revealed in his State of the City address last week. Frey said at the time that Minneapolis would become the first department in the country to eliminate “fear-based” training…

Many policing agencies, including Minneapolis’, are moving toward “guardian”-oriented tactics, which focus on de-escalating tense situations and use of deadly force as a last resort. But opponents of this approach argue that such techniques endanger officers’ lives by teaching them to let their guard down.

So the mayor banned the use of this “warrior-style” training, with concurrence from the city’s police chief. But the union defied the ban and subsidized the training for officers anyway. It is also the police union that has defended Officer Derek Chauvin, the one who kept his knee on George Floyd’s neck for over seven minutes, when he was the target of 18 prior complaints.

https://www.alternet.org/2020/05/in-minneapolis-a-police-union-gone-rogue/

2 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Disagree. Trump brought this out with his rhetoric the past 4 years. He's as much to blame as the rioters doing damage. 

I think o mentioned this already but just to reiterate. I heard a guy on cnn make a point that you don’t defeat racism. It just hides waiting for oxygen.  And trump has been that oxygen. There is no doubt about that.   Although I think he’s pretty stupid so it’s possible it’s other people in his admin that give him the white supremacy dog whistles to tweet.  

this is what I mean by saying no one says “hey look I don’t agree with the grand wizard of the KKK but let’s listen to his economic plan”.  That’s trump. Red line time.  You stand with trump you’re a racist.  It’s okay to be a conservative. It if you were a real non-racist conservative you’d hate trunk because he’s destroying the Republican Party. 

2 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Every cop that has killed a Black man has been acquitted. Some cops think that they can act with impunity & there'll be no consequences. The police & justice system in the US are corrupt. 

You clearly have no idea what you are talking about.  What's reported by the media is only a fraction of what goes on in the world.  

Also FYI more white and latin people are shot and killed by policemen in the States then black people.  Also an insanely higher amount of black people are killed by other black people in the States.  Do some research the FBI compiled all the numbers and made reports about it years ago.   

It's a dangerous thing to jump on bandwagons without knowledge and believing what you see on tv and most definitely on the internet.   

Wannabees in Toronto looking for any excuse to break out and show they world class too! 

iF92VumO_bigger.jpg

Thousands gathered in Toronto on Saturday in response to Korchinski-Paquet’s death, as well as the wider issue of anti-Black and anti-Indigenous racism.

At this point there is no evidence the victim died at the hands of the police.

"Relatives of 29-year-old Regis Korchinski-Paquet, who fell from the balcony of a Toronto apartment tower Wednesday night, say they called police to help her get through a mental health crisis and instead she ended up dead."

Amazing how quickly everyone has forgotten about social distancing.  This is in Toronto.

EZSkGhXX0AMhQ6F?format=jpg&name=900x900

Edited by Throw Long Bannatyne

3 hours ago, Tracker said:

Laura Ingraham to black Americans: Trump understands police brutality because of the Mueller probe

MAY 30, 2020 12:30AM (UTC)
Amid a stunning outburst of racially charged unrest across the country following the death of an unarmed black man in police custody, Fox News personality Laura Ingraham — who has been called a "Neo-Nazi fan favorite" by Rep. Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez, D-N.Y.; a "white supremacist" by Rep. Joaquin Castro, D-Texas; and a "racist" and a "monster" by her own brother — assured black Americans on Thursday night that President Donald Trump's "own experience" with the "out-of-control" Russia investigation had given him an empathic understanding of "poisonous" police brutality.

(Everything is fine now)

https://www.salon.com/2020/05/29/laura-ingraham-to-black-americans-trump-understands-police-brutality-because-of-the-mueller-probe/

Yeah... I don't know... I don't recall a police officer gunning him down... or kneeling on his carotid artery until he passes out and then dies... yeah.  **** her.

Edited by wanna-b-fanboy

47 minutes ago, Brandon said:

You clearly have no idea what you are talking about.  What's reported by the media is only a fraction of what goes on in the world.  

Also FYI more white and latin people are shot and killed by policemen in the States then black people.  Also an insanely higher amount of black people are killed by other black people in the States.  Do some research the FBI compiled all the numbers and made reports about it years ago.   

That is true but misleading.

The population of the USA is comprised of (as of 2016) 61.27% of White people, 17.79% of Latinos, and 13.31% Black people. So yeah, there should be more White people shot by cops. The ratio should be roughly 6:1 - it isn't. It's closer to 2:1. 

In 2017, 457 White people, 223 Black people and 179 Hispanic people were shot and killed by police officers. That does not reflect the  61.27%/13.31%/17.79% ratio at all... there is a HUGE discrepancy in police shootings.... 

47 minutes ago, Brandon said:

It's a dangerous thing to jump on bandwagons without knowledge and believing what you see on tv and most definitely on the internet.   

And yeah that is true- most people are swallowing the narrative that it is Anti Fa and angry leftist that are starting these riots.... that aint the case, no matter how much Barr is not willing to accept the truth that it is actually white nationalists being subverted by russian propaganda. I wish I was being sarcastic- but I'm not.

Edited by wanna-b-fanboy

3 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Sure, he’s not helping the situation, but this happens about every 4 - 5 years down south. 

1 hour ago, The Unknown Poster said:

I think o mentioned this already but just to reiterate. I heard a guy on cnn make a point that you don’t defeat racism. It just hides waiting for oxygen.  And trump has been that oxygen. There is no doubt about that.   Although I think he’s pretty stupid so it’s possible it’s other people in his admin that give him the white supremacy dog whistles to tweet.  

this is what I mean by saying no one says “hey look I don’t agree with the grand wizard of the KKK but let’s listen to his economic plan”.  That’s trump. Red line time.  You stand with trump you’re a racist.  It’s okay to be a conservative. It if you were a real non-racist conservative you’d hate trunk because he’s destroying the Republican Party. 

That is me. I am conservative but I could never stand with him or vote for him. 

6 minutes ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

That is true but misleading.

The population of the USA is comprised of (as of 2016) 61.27% of White people, 17.79% of Latinos, and 13.31% Black people. So yeah, there should be more White people shot by cops. The ratio should be roughly 6:1 - it isn't. It's closer to 2:1. 

In 2017, 457 White people, 223 Black people and 179 Hispanic people were shot and killed by police officers. That does not reflect the  61.27%/13.31%/17.79% ratio at all... there is a HUGE discrepancy in police shootings.... 

And yeah that is true- most people are swallowing the narrative that it is Anti Fa and angry leftist that are starting these riots.... that aint the case, no matter how much Barr is not willing to accept the truth that it is actually white nationalists being subverted by russian propaganda. I wish I was being sarcastic- but I'm not.

Funny what a little knowledge can do. Thank you for that.  I’d like to see stats on unprovoked or unnecessary killings by cop per race as well.  Bet whites are doing ok.