Black Lives Matter

Rich

15 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

These cops just don’t learn. What is wrong with them.  

firing pepper spray balls directly at a reporter and her team. 

Edit: this is Kentucky by the way. And another example of the trump virus at play. Total disrespect for media. 

Everybody knows that the media is the enemy.  The President has said so.....

Trump and the GOP have set their strategy for the upcoming election. They are blaming the blacks, the WHO, Obama and China for their current mess, not only for their party, but for the whole country. Their tax cuts that allow corporations and the wealthy to fatten their purses while running up the national debt will cripple the American infrastructure for a decade or more and allow China to become the preeminent economic power in the world. 

13 minutes ago, Tracker said:

Trump and the GOP have set their strategy for the upcoming election. They are blaming the blacks, the WHO, Obama and China for their current mess, not only for their party, but for the whole country. Their tax cuts that allow corporations and the wealthy to fatten their purses while running up the national debt will cripple the American infrastructure for a decade or more and allow China to become the preeminent economic power in the world. 

Yes. Seems clear their only hope is to motivate the far right, the racists to mobilize to vote and to assist in the suppression of minority voting.  You think it’s bad now, just wait til the election.  There will be chaos. 

and now you’ve got white supremacists going to Minnesota to infiltrate the protests and cause mayhem to paint the whole thing as rioting by black people. They want a race war. 

26 minutes ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Yes. Seems clear their only hope is to motivate the far right, the racists to mobilize to vote and to assist in the suppression of minority voting.  You think it’s bad now, just wait til the election.  There will be chaos. 

and now you’ve got white supremacists going to Minnesota to infiltrate the protests and cause mayhem to paint the whole thing as rioting by black people. They want a race war. 

This event has grown well beyond a "protest",  it should be classified as a riot moving on towards anarchy at this point, time for some fully-automatic weapons to put a stop to the party and take back the streets.  Just as many non-blacks involved  in creating chaos as blacks, here is a video of some suburban kid's having fun ripping stuff up, the target looks to be a US Postal depot.

Edited by Throw Long Bannatyne

To be clear, I am not defending Trump, I am the last guy who would do that. But most of this is not on Trump, it is a long - standing U.S. issue.  Let’s not forget the riots in St. Louis - during Obama’s tenure. Blaming a president is an oversimplification of a deeply rooted and complex issue. 

1 minute ago, Mark H. said:

To be clear, I am not defending Trump, I am the last guy who would do that. But most of this is not on Trump, it is a long - standing U.S. issue.  Let’s not forget the riots in St. Louis - during Obama’s tenure. Blaming a president is an oversimplification of a deeply rooted and complex issue. 

U can blame Trump for the media stuff as he has constantly said they are the enemy. 

Just now, Mark H. said:

True. But there is little doubt race relations have only gotten more tense under his presidency. A lot of racists would keep to their own but now feel it’s a legitimate viewpoint because of trump.  He’s made the US far more divided.    

5 minutes ago, Mark H. said:

Agree, but it is reasonable to blame a President who completely eschews the proper and needed response to the situation, and irresponsibly throws tons of gas on the fire, just to further his own perceived political interests. 

Edited by do or die

5 minutes ago, Goalie said:

U can blame Trump for the media stuff as he has constantly said they are the enemy. 

When you’re Republican, they probably are!  This still the same media who said he had no chance of becoming President - he is about as vindictive as they come. 

1 hour ago, Mark H. said:

When you’re Republican, they probably are!  This still the same media who said he had no chance of becoming President - he is about as vindictive as they come. 

Trump is already setting new lows for presidential conduct, and even if there is lots of dry tinder lying around, the person who throws the lit match onto it bears the ultimate responsibility. I hope that when Trump is evicted from the White House in disgrace, there will be criminal investigations into him, Barr and the whole lot.

11 minutes ago, Tracker said:

Trump is already setting new lows for presidential conduct, and even if there is lots of dry tinder lying around, the person who throws the lit match onto it bears the ultimate responsibility. I hope that when Trump is evicted from the White House in disgrace, there will be criminal investigations into him, Barr and the whole lot.

If the Democrats win in the fall, count on it.

‘Brutal and unacceptable’: Calls for arrest of NYPD cop who put woman in the ER during protests

Written by Bob Brigham / Raw Story May 30, 2020
The Speaker of the New York City Council is demanding accountability for a NYPD officer caught on tape violently striking a woman during protests of police violence.

Video of the incident appeared on social media on Friday. The video appears to show the cop running up to and shoving the woman, launching her off her feet.

13 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

The ;police are as corrupt as the day is long

No they are not,  you do realize that across the states the different police departments are independent from each other.   Just because Sam Katz was corrupt does that make every single mayor Winnipeg has had and across Canada also corrupt?