Black Lives Matter

Rich

Just now, MOBomberFan said:

Before anyone accuses me of virtue signalling I'd like to suggest doing the opposite be called 'Deplorable Signalling'

**** that- the only people that use "virtue signalling" as a derogatory term doesn't view "the signal" as a virtue. Some alt-right **** calls me out for virtue signalling, because I denounce racism- says more about their stance on racism than mine.

3 minutes ago, JCon said:

Note how the "Totally Not Racist" cops were fine with a 17 year old marching around with an AR-15.

The bravado shown in this picture is markedly lessened when a video appeared of the teenagers who were there from another state were trying to look at the video replay being shown by a independent? photographer.

BREAKING - ( this is not that video) ^^^

1 minute ago, Mr Dee said:

The bravado shown in this picture is markedly lessened when a video appeared of the teenagers who were there from another state were trying to look at the video replay being shown by a independent? photographer.

BREAKING - ( this is not that video) ^^^

Another video. 

4 hours ago, JCon said:

bOtH sIdEs ArE tO bLaMe!

And while police are “appreciating” these armed civilians acting like a wannabe militia, you can hear other police in the background warning protesters “you are civilians in a closed area, you must leave. Yes, you! This is your last warning. Disperse now!” Apparently the curfew rules did not apply if you were armed with an AR-15 - and were white. 

Reminds me of the line in Animal Farm - “All animals are equal, but some animals are more equal than others” 

Congratulations to the Magic and the Bucks for going past kneeling, and boycotting their game this afternoon.

To clarify. The Bucks wouldn’t play, and the Magic would not accept the forfeit

Courage and standing up for what’s right is showing up across the country.

(This oughta get Trump in panty knot and wipe out last night’s smirk)

Edited by Mr Dee

Curious to see what the long term impact of the boycott will be. I posted that I did not think it would make much difference after 5 minutes of media splash, but maybe my knee jerk reaction will be wrong. Maybe advertisers who bow at the altar of the almighty dollar will panic if the medium through which they hawk their products disappears. Maybe the networks will panic with nothing to cover. Maybe. We shall see. 

Meanwhile, wonder if the NHL would plan anything. One thought I had rather than a boycott:

Teams square off at centre ice. Off the opening faceoff, the teams skate away from the puck drop and all go to their respective blue lines and all take a knee. Let the clock run for 8:46 (the length of time the police were kneeling on George Floyd’s neck) with the players on the ice kneeling. Then one player retrieved the puck and is allowed to skate in alone on the opposing netminder and take 7 shots, symbolic of the 7 shots to Jacob Blake. Simple shots intended not to score, just be a symbol. Even more powerful if the netminder turned around and the shooter put the puck softly but squarely into his back 7 times. With each shot the players on the bench bang their sticks once against the boards in unison, that is an attention grabbing noise. After the 7th shot, the shooter takes the puck back to centre ice and flips it over the glass so the next faceoff is at centre ice so no advantage for either team. Can symbolize the equality we are all striving for in a fair and just world. Can finish off with stick tapping on the ice for all as a sign of solidarity if they want. 

Thoughts? Any other ideas?

Edited by TrueBlue4ever