Black Lives Matter

Rich

Borat showed us how racist the US south is a long time ago. I remember being ultra young.. 10 11..we drove down to texas for a wedding. Driving through some of those backwoods places scared the **** out of us and we are all white. Not scared of black ppl who were ultra friendly but the racist white ppl.. Yup. That's my memory of the southern US.. Racist white ppl.. Crosses and kkk crap. 

1 hour ago, Goalie said:

Borat showed us how racist the US south is a long time ago. I remember being ultra young.. 10 11..we drove down to texas for a wedding. Driving through some of those backwoods places scared the **** out of us and we are all white. Not scared of black ppl who were ultra friendly but the racist white ppl.. Yup. That's my memory of the southern US.. Racist white ppl.. Crosses and kkk crap. 

My favorite memories as a child is my Mom being a poor navigator and my Dad freaking out when we made wrong exits around Detroit, Chicago ,  and Florida lol.   Whenever anyone complains about Winnipeg being unsafe I always get a chuckle because it's not even remotely as scary as the States.  

On 2020-07-30 at 2:28 AM, Brandon said:

My favorite memories as a child is my Mom being a poor navigator and my Dad freaking out when we made wrong exits around Detroit, Chicago ,  and Florida lol.   Whenever anyone complains about Winnipeg being unsafe I always get a chuckle because it's not even remotely as scary as the States.  

Especially if you're Black.

2 minutes ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

No joke, that fear is the same for every Black person pulled over by a cop.

Not quite the same thing,  in Chicago when we visited family we had to duck our heads down while my wifes cousin drove through red lights to get through the bad area to get to the safer places.  

Literally if you stop you will get robbed/shot/car jacked/beaten nearly every time at any time of the day. 

I don't believe anywhere in Canada it's that bad.  Troubles in Winnipeg (North End) usually has the victim having some kind of connection to the criminal and usually they are involved in shady stuff.  You can easily drive through the North End during the day without issues.

I recently came across something on the inter web that was used to describe Lyndsey Graham - a racial opportunist but not a racist. Depending on your definition of what this means, can one be a racial opportunist and not be a racist? In this case, the intention is politically motivated ie secure more votes. My opinion is even if you use race in a racist manner to achieve something but ideologically you tell yourself you aren’t a racist, you’re still a racist. Sort of like Adam Grant saying if you think you need to be an a**hole to get ahead in the work world you may indeed be an a**hole.

On 2020-07-30 at 1:28 AM, Brandon said:

We drove to Oakland from Calgary 10 years ago to a qb camp for my son. Wow, you do not want to get off the freeway in some areas. It looked like a war zone down there. 

5 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

We drove to Oakland from Calgary 10 years ago to a qb camp for my son. Wow, you do not want to get off the freeway in some areas. It looked like a war zone down there. 

It's always been terrible,  we had a family friend who did not heed warnings and walked around Oakland in the late 90's.  She woke up in a hospital and was told that she was lucky to be alive and that she was lucky that she would eventually be able to walk again.    All over robbing her of her purse (possibly racially motivated as she was white also).   

• 2 weeks later...

It’s actually remarkable that month after month after month, we still have incidences like this latest one in Wisconsin. 
With all the publicity.

With all the negativity directed at Police Officers, whether they’re complicit, innocent, or directly involved, some still chose to let the outlaw in them overcome what little sense they have left. I mean, what the fcuk’s the matter with your brains? 
You CANNOT shoot an unarmed person in the back, when there’s no resistance and in front of his children.

I cannot think of a penalty that fits this kind of crime.

Its just unfathomable.

1 hour ago, Mr Dee said:

You CANNOT shoot an unarmed person in the back, when there’s no resistance and in front of his children.

But how are you sure that he is unarmed and also he is resisting when he is not listening to the police and following orders to stand down.   How is the policeman suppose to know that this guy doesn't have a gun in the drivers seat.   

I don't think the Police handled it well and probably should of tazed or knocked him down before he reached the car but its so easy for you to say this kind of stuff on your computer chair rather then in the heat of the moment.    

I say blame is easily 50/50....  police should of tackled him before he reached the car and the guy should of listened.  Easy situation that could of been avoided.  

25 minutes ago, Brandon said:

But how are you sure that he is unarmed and also he is resisting when he is not listening to the police and following orders to stand down.   How is the policeman suppose to know that this guy doesn't have a gun in the drivers seat.   

I don't think the Police handled it well and probably should of tazed or knocked him down before he reached the car but its so easy for you to say this kind of stuff on your computer chair rather then in the heat of the moment.    

I say blame is easily 50/50....  police should of tackled him before he reached the car and the guy should of listened.  Easy situation that could of been avoided.  

No, I stand by the fact that you cannot shoot an unarmed person in the back, in a car, when there are 3 kids in the car. Don’t forget, that was shoot to kill.