Black Lives Matter

Rich

17 hours ago, Brandon said:

I can't believe how ridiculous and dumb some people are on here... comparing a naked lady in Portland to those pictures above where people actually have a cause and who did what they did out of what they believe in rather then trying to get attention.  I thought Riderfans was bad but this site has people who far surpass them and it shows. 

I'll help you guys out again... if you don’t want to look foolish ... do not use Portland as a reference for people fighting a noble cause.   Portland is by far the absolute worst example to use and across the world people are laughing at the States based on how foolish the people in Portland have been over the last while.  It's a bloody joke.

so do you think equality isn't a noble cause? Or is it that you think protesting police abuses of power isn't a noble cause? Which is it that you have such a problem with? 

I am going to guess you are ok with authoritarianism.

45 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

so do you think equality isn't a noble cause? Or is it that you think protesting police abuses of power isn't a noble cause? Which is it that you have such a problem with? 

I am going to guess you are ok with authoritarianism.

Looking way to much into it.   I'm much more into a powerful speech and some form of organized protest that is effective. 

I'm seeing a naked lady purely trying to get attention and really no effective message or end goal aside from trying to get attention.   This wasn't the first time someone has been naked in Portland in front of the police.   I'll spare linking the video but their's another nice video of a naked lady bending over and peeing in front of a police officer and other people dancing around slapping her ass.   

Aside from the naked ladies do you really think the people going out throwing bricks causing trouble are really at the place for "the cause".   You'd have to be very gullible to believe that.   Clearly many people are out purely for an excuse to cause trouble or because they have way to much time on their hands.   

I wont bother posting videos because their are way to many to post,  but you know it's sad when black people are getting attacked in the states because they are telling supposed "BLM" protestors to stop causing trouble and stop trying to create a riot.   It's crazy.  

11 minutes ago, Wideleft said:

"Looking way to (sic) much into it" is just another way of saying "Don't actually think about it".

Explains a lot.

To quote Tommy Boy.... did you eat paint chips as a child?   

The offer is on the table for yourself as well...  I can help you get off the internet and back into reality with the ability to socialize with other humans instead of twisting words and finding some kind of online agenda to make yourself feel good.   

If someone spreading eagle naked moves you then why not visit a local strip club to help enlighten you with political movements.  

The "troubles" in Ulster did not stop until ordinary women went out and started protesting and putting themselves in harm's way. That forced both sides to the table. What we are seeing is the emergence of a fascist state and if there is not a popular uprising, America will be in big trouble. All popular uprisings begin somewhere and Portland may be the flashpoint that dooms Trump and the racist parts of the GOP. Like what happened in Canada when Mulroney was PM, the right wing in the states will probably be split into the nutty and the insane factions. They will probably wander in the wilderness for a long time as well, and we had better hope that the Dems do not get drunk on power and succumb to the same excesses as the GOP.

Leaked memo: Trump administration authorized domestic surveillance of protests to protect statues

The Department of Homeland Security (DHS) authorized domestic surveillance to identify threats against monuments and statues in response to President Donald Trump’s executive order targeting vandalism against federal memorials, according to a department memo obtained by Lawfare.

The document, issued by the DHS Office of Intelligence & Analysis, described “Activities in Furtherance of Protecting American Monuments, Memorials, Statues and Combatting Recent Criminal Violence.”

The document says DHS personnel are “collecting and reporting on various activities in the context of elevated threats targeting monuments, memorials and statues.” It also provides legal guidance on the “expanded intelligence activities necessary to mitigate the significant threat to homeland security” posed by threats to statues.

Senior DHS official Ken Cuccinelli appeared to refer to intelligence gathering on protests during a Monday interview with CNN.

“We got intelligence about planned attacks on federal facilities,” he said in response to questions about the administration’s controversial deployment of federal authorities to Portland. “If we get the same kind of intelligence in other places about threats to other facilities or officers, we would respond the same way.”

https://www.alternet.org/2020/07/1151617/

(Sure as spit sounds like a dicatorial oversight on citizens exercising their right to protest)

Edited by Tracker

26 minutes ago, Brandon said:

To quote Tommy Boy.... did you eat paint chips as a child?   

The offer is on the table for yourself as well...  I can help you get off the internet and back into reality with the ability to socialize with other humans instead of twisting words and finding some kind of online agenda to make yourself feel good.   

If someone spreading eagle naked moves you then why not visit a local strip club to help enlighten you with political movements.  

Repeating the same talking points doesn't make them any stronger.  It just makes you repetitive.

Believe me, I do not feel good about having to have these conversations.  I do feel them necessary when people who purport to have insight have none at all.  For some people, a picture tells a thousand words and for some - let's see - ("ridiculous and dumb") it tells 3 words.  They then defend their comment with a tome containing nothing more than verbal diahrea and weak opinion stated strongly.

Thanks for the offer regarding "Socializing With Other Humans" instruction.  I suspect it's an 01 course with a half credit taught by someone who doesn't even fully grasp the idea of humanity.  I'll pass.

5 minutes ago, Tracker said:

Leaked memo: Trump administration authorized domestic surveillance of protests to protect statues

The Department of Homeland Security (DHS) authorized domestic surveillance to identify threats against monuments and statues in response to President Donald Trump’s executive order targeting vandalism against federal memorials, according to a department memo obtained by Lawfare.

The document, issued by the DHS Office of Intelligence & Analysis, described “Activities in Furtherance of Protecting American Monuments, Memorials, Statues and Combatting Recent Criminal Violence.”

The document says DHS personnel are “collecting and reporting on various activities in the context of elevated threats targeting monuments, memorials and statues.” It also provides legal guidance on the “expanded intelligence activities necessary to mitigate the significant threat to homeland security” posed by threats to statues.

Senior DHS official Ken Cuccinelli appeared to refer to intelligence gathering on protests during a Monday interview with CNN.

“We got intelligence about planned attacks on federal facilities,” he said in response to questions about the administration’s controversial deployment of federal authorities to Portland. “If we get the same kind of intelligence in other places about threats to other facilities or officers, we would respond the same way.”

https://www.alternet.org/2020/07/1151617/

(Sure as spit sounds like a dicatorial oversight on citizens exercising their right to protest)

Mobilizing Federal forces to protect statues.  Meanwhile, they're still separating families at the border.  

https://www.splcenter.org/news/2020/06/18/family-separation-policy-continues-two-years-after-trump-administration-claims-it-ended

yup. the GOP yawns when cops kill people in cold blood, but if anyone dares to look crosswise at a statue honoring the leadership of an enemy nation they will lose their ******* minds.

pro-life means something different to them, I guess

Edited by johnzo

4 hours ago, Brandon said:

Looking way to much into it.   I'm much more into a powerful speech and some form of organized protest that is effective. 

I'm seeing a naked lady purely trying to get attention and really no effective message or end goal aside from trying to get attention.   This wasn't the first time someone has been naked in Portland in front of the police.   I'll spare linking the video but their's another nice video of a naked lady bending over and peeing in front of a police officer and other people dancing around slapping her ass.   

Aside from the naked ladies do you really think the people going out throwing bricks causing trouble are really at the place for "the cause".   You'd have to be very gullible to believe that.   Clearly many people are out purely for an excuse to cause trouble or because they have way to much time on their hands.   

I wont bother posting videos because their are way to many to post,  but you know it's sad when black people are getting attacked in the states because they are telling supposed "BLM" protestors to stop causing trouble and stop trying to create a riot.   It's crazy.  

So you didn't answer my question....

3 hours ago, Wideleft said:

Mobilizing Federal forces to protect statues.  Meanwhile, they're still separating families at the border.  

https://www.splcenter.org/news/2020/06/18/family-separation-policy-continues-two-years-after-trump-administration-claims-it-ended

And they allow heavily armed anti-maskers to occupy public buildings but arrest nuns protesting children in cages and peaceful remostrators sitting on the lawn of a state attorney general. 

What’s going on this weekend in the U.S.

CBC News Alerts - Authorities declared a riot overnight in Portland, Ore., where protesters breached a fence surrounding the courthouse where U.S. agents have been stationed. The protesters were rallying against George Floyd's killing and the presence of federal agents.
BBC News -
* Police in the US city of Seattle clashed with crowds marching in support of anti-racism protests, in one of the most tense of several rallies held across the country on Saturday.
* In Louisville, Kentucky hundreds of members of a black militia demanded justice for Breonna Taylor, a 26-year-old black woman who was fatally shot when officers entered her flat in March.
Carrying semi-automatic rifles and shotguns, the group walked in formation to a fenced off intersection where they were separated by police from a smaller crowd of armed counter-protesters. There were no reports of incidents.

* Police said at least 75 people had been arrested in Omaha, Nebraska where protesters were remembering James Scurlock, a 22-year-old black man shot dead by a white bar owner in May
* In Richmond, Virginia, a city dump lorry was set ablaze, police tweeted
* In Los Angeles, protesters clashed with officers in front of the federal courthouse

A US National Guard major is disputing the official accounts of the clearing of a 1 June protest near the White House.

👁‍🗨 We saw what the Major saw.

In his statement to Congress, Mr DeMarco will tell lawmakers that, as he stood behind the US Park Police, he observed that "demonstrators were behaving peacefully" and that tear gas was deployed by law enforcement in an "excessive use of force".

"It was my observation that the use of force against demonstrators in the clearing operation was an unnecessary escalation of the use of force," he will tell the committee.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-us-canada-53559501?xtor=AL-72-[partner]-[bbc.news.twitter]-[headline]-[news]-[bizdev]-[isapi]&at_campaign=64&at_custom1=[post+type]&at_medium=custom7&at_custom3=%40BBCWorld&at_custom2=twitter&at_custom4=D89C4810-D039-11EA-B085-70FD4744363C

23 hours ago, Brandon said:

Just don't drop N bombs like our friends from Alberta. 

Is this even necessary?

On 2020-07-22 at 12:53 PM, Mark H. said:

All references to a racial slur have been removed.  Please do not use the slur or anything related to it again. 

Any continuation of this usage or anything related to it - will result in an immediate suspension. 

Edited by wanna-b-fanboy

3 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

More like being ganged up on if anyone has a different opinion. 

Look, we are living in very charged times, where having a different political stance or opposing opinion makes you the enemy, and paints you as someone of poor moral character. I personally feel we need to rise above that. I think someone once posted here "your opinion is bad and you should feel bad". I have no issue with the first half of that statement, but it doesn't make the second half of that statement right. 

If you have a position that you know will enflame things, start by asking why it is contentious, and then ask why you want to post it. If the first answer is "it is contentious because it runs counter to everything else I have heard, and no one takes my side" then reassess if you are incorrect for having that opinion in the face of such overwhelming counterintelligence and maybe need to change your stance, or if others are missing something that you can provide. If the answer to the second question is "I want to post to poke the bear and get my opponents all triggered", then save your breath. But if you have a point to make, and feel you can validate your position with an articulate argument, and are prepared to take on those who challenge that opinion in a respectful manner (that's you being respectful - you can't control others' behaviour, so why worry about it?) then please go ahead and make it. If the response is "that's a stupid thought" then engage politely and ask the other side to defend their position as you would defend yours. If the response is "YOU are stupid" then shrug it off and re-direct to the issue at hand, not the content of your character. Don't take the bait and get into a name-calling contest, and don't bother getting into the "well if you attack me instead of my argument, you clearly have no defence" because that will be readily apparent to all, and only drags you down to their level of personal character assassination and gets off topic.

We all need a thicker skin on internet chat boards, and only we individually can choose how to respond to what someone says about our point or our personal traits. Try to foster the former and tune out the latter. And if you cannot divorce the two, maybe this is not the forum for you. But if you feel personally attacked and still want to be involved in this message board, just ask the mods to take a look at the comments coming your way and let them police the site if they feel it needs policing.

Edited by TrueBlue4ever

59 minutes ago, Mr Dee said:

I never knew this about Harrison Arkansas, but I’m sure glad I don’t have to put up with their way of living. Where’s the humanity?

Nah, this is inaccurate. I'm sure there are towns in the USA that are more disgusting than Harrison. And that is very telling given this display of filth.

13 hours ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

Nah, this is inaccurate. I'm sure there are towns in the USA that are more disgusting than Harrison. And that is very telling given this display of filth.

I know it was a bit set up but I always remember when Top Gear visited down south and painted some "controversial" things on the vehicles... they were chased out Mad max style.

They never painted anything on their vehicles they had a license plate that 

Filming for the episode garnered widespread media attention, after an incident occurred in which the presenters and film crew became the target of a group of protesters upon drawing in close to Ushuaia, who believed that the number plate on the Porsche being driven by Clarkson, which read "H982 FKL", was a deliberate reference to a significant battle in the Falklands War and the year it took place in. Comments about this first appeared on Twitter, which were soon discovered by a member of the film crew during the initial days of filming, and led to the subsequent replacement of the plate with one that read "H1 VAE" as they neared the city.