Black Lives Matter

Rich

22 minutes ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

Let him compete. if he can get the job, let him have the job- I fail to see how this is silly. 

I agree he should be given a fair chance, it is laughable to think it is anything above a PR stunt though.

Reminds me of that time Riders brought in Vince Young in training camp well past his prime lol.

29 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

Why not give Kaepernick a look?

Blaine Gabbert, Jeff Driskel, Ryan Finley, Matt Barkley, David Fales, Sean Mannio, Mike Glennonn are all on NFL rosters as QBs

He should of been given a look 4 years ago.   It's just tacky that they are giving him a look now after recent circumstances.  To me it's them trying to capitalize on the situation. 

38 minutes ago, Brandon said:

He should of been given a look 4 years ago.   It's just tacky that they are giving him a look now after recent circumstances.  To me it's them trying to capitalize on the situation. 

I actually look at it more that Kaepernick is off the Roger Goodell 'blacklist' and teams are finally 'allowed' to look at him

59 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

He'll get signed & go back to being a coach killer like he was with the 49ers. He was the worst starting qb in the NFL last time he played.  When you lose your starting position to Blaine Gabbert...

Well we are all talking like he actually wants to play again...  he's probably worth 20-30 million without playing a down

10 hours ago, Floyd said:

Racism is absolutely an issue in Canada... and we need to do better...

but for those people who say we are no better than the states... I mean modern day lynchings and KKK cops... cmon.

I think we are better than the US regarding racism, but "better" is not necessarily "good".

LA County Deputies Shoot Dead Teen Security Guard Who Ran From Them

REUTERS
An 18-year-old who was employed as a security guard in Gardena, LA County, was shot dead by Los Angeles County Sheriff Department deputies Thursday night. The teen, who was identified to local reporters as Andres Guardado by devastated family members, was carrying a handgun as part of his security duties at an auto body shop. His employer, Andrew Heney, told CBS Los Angeles: “Police came up, and they pulled their guns on him and he ran because he was scared, and they shot and killed him. He’s got a clean background and everything. There’s no reason.” 

Edited by Tracker

Was watching the late-night show last night and a couple of things really stood out for me and are still bothering me today. One black female comedienne spoke of her fears in living in New York with her boyfriend and that every time he went out being afraid that he might not come back as he had been accosted often by police. Another black female writer/director who had often been the object of harassment and discrimination by white in LA said,"White people should consider themselves lucky that all we want is equality and not revenge."

It seems to me that there is a now very short window of time in the US where peaceful change is possible, but the way that the right-wingers are reacting with threats, violence and calls for militant action, I am not at all confident this is not going to end without a massive loss of life and bloodshed. 

5 minutes ago, Tracker said:

spoke of her fears in living in New York with her boyfriend and that every time he went out being afraid that he might not come back as he had been accosted often by police.

I assume she wasn't around back when New York was extremely dangerous and had a corrupt police force.  

This pic best represents that era:

maxresdefault.jpg

A definitive statement on the NASCAR incident:

NASCAR Releases Photo of Bubba Wallace Garage Pull, Defends ‘Hate Crime’ Accusation
EbXu406WoAAWE1h_ih4d3a

via NASCAR
NASCAR released an image of the garage pull found in African-American driver Bubba Wallace’s Talladega garage after investigators determined that there was no hate crime involved. The rope, which was tied as a noose, had been there since at least October 2019, before Wallace took the garage, the FBI concluded. Wallace, appearing on CNN Tuesday evening, said he had never seen a garage pull tied in that manner. Several people on social media have accused Wallace of faking the incident but Wallace said he did not see the noose or file the report.

Fired Miami Cop Charged After Video Shows Him Kneeling on Black Woman’s Neck
Reuters / Leah Millis
A former Miami police officer has been charged with battery and misconduct after a viral video showed him pressing his knee on a Black woman’s neck as she screamed. The Miami Herald reports that a video shot by a bystander shows the officer—named as Jordy Yanes Martel—reach into the Black woman’s SUV, drag her out, press his knee onto her neck, and tase her stomach. The woman has been identified as 33-year-old Safiya Satchell. She was arrested on charges of battery on a cop and resisting with violence—but those charges have since been dismissed. Martel and another officer, Jaiver Castano, were fired last week, although Miami Gardens Police Department hasn’t confirmed why they were let go. Martel has now been charged with battery, and was also charged with official misconduct for filing two reports containing false details about the January incident.