Black Lives Matter

Rich

12 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Here's the problem, Trump may have 92% of the Republican base but Joe Biden is sitting somewhere near 96% of the Democratic base. There are more Democrats in the US than Republicans so Trump would still lose the election if those numbers held. He can't win with just his base. And there is no growth for him with women & racial minorities. I don't have the stats in front of me nor can I find them so I can't comment further. 

the electoral college makes this more complicated than it looks.  There's more dems but they are clustered in cities.  Clinton had a four-point popular vote win and still lost in the electoral college because she ran up the score in places like California and New York and lost the midwest by a few tens of thousands of votes. 

Basically, land gets to vote for president, and land generally votes GOP.

I feel okay about Biden's chances, but damn Trump pulled a rabbit out of his hat the first time and the vote suppression machine is revved up and with corona chaos and a massive surge in absentee ballots and a democratic nominee who doesn't inspire a lot of passion and the massive surprise of 2016 still hanging in the air ... everything is uncertain.

20 minutes ago, johnzo said:

the electoral college makes this more complicated than it looks.  There's more dems but they are clustered in cities.  Clinton had a four-point popular vote win and still lost in the electoral college because she ran up the score in places like California and New York and lost the midwest by a few tens of thousands of votes. 

I feel okay about Biden's chances, but damn Trump pulled a rabbit out of his hat the first time and the vote suppression machine is revved up and with corona chaos and a massive surge in absentee ballots and a democratic nominee who doesn't inspire a lot of passion and the massive surprise of 2016 still hanging in the air ... everything is uncertain.

The GOP has become a lot more brazen and systematic in their voter suppression and voter intimidation. They are encouraged by the White house and the corrupted DOJ in their efforts. This is going to get really, really ugly, folks.

25 minutes ago, johnzo said:

I think theres's a very real possibility of war - likely staged with Russia - if Trump is still tanking in two months...  I could see him delaying the election if necessary

Just now, Floyd said:

I think theres's a very real possibility of war - likely staged with Russia - if Trump is still tanking in two months...  I could see him delaying the election if necessary

Just now, Floyd said:

War? Yes. With Russia? No. The Israelis have been hankering for the US to attack Iran for years, as Iran is the only remaining military that could oppose Israel seizing more land in defiance of UN directions and world condemnation. 

Arizona, North Carolina, California Break Daily COVID Case Records

REUTERS/Tom Brenner
Several states this week broke previous COVID-19 daily case count records, including Texas, Arizona, North Carolina, Florida, and California. Though some state leaders have tried to brush off their rising numbers as a result of increased testing capacity, public-health experts note that many of those states, including Arizona, have seen increases in hospitalizations and in the percent of positive test results—evidence that seems to refute that theory. At least 19 states had increasing case rates on Friday, according to an analysis from CNN, and several of them have seen record or near-record highs this week. Arizona had the biggest upward trend in daily case counts in the country on Friday, according to the Johns Hopkins University Coronavirus Resource Center. As of Friday, more than 113,800 people have died from the virus in the United States.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/arizona-north-carolina-california-break-daily-covid-19-case-records?ref=home

Dallas Fire Battalion Chief Suggests Black Lives Matter Protesters Should Be Lynched

A Dallas Fire-Rescue battalion chief is under investigation—but still employed—after suggesting on social media that Black Lives Matter protesters should be lynched. “No ****...we need to find out who’s behind this and find a good tree to use!” Allan Springer wrote on Facebook, in response to photos of brick palettes seen at a demonstration. Dallas Fire Fighters Association President Capt. Jim McDade decried Springer’s racist comment, writing in response, “Sorry chief but that is unbelievably offensive and inappropriate. I respect you as a BC and a firefighter but I’m appalled. Feel free to delete me, call me out, or do whatever you want.” A spokesperson for Dallas Fire-Rescue told WFAA that Springer, who oversees at least 60 people, is now under investigation, “by the department’s Internal Affairs Division to determine the necessary course of action going forward.”

https://www.thedailybeast.com/dallas-fire-battalion-chief-suggests-black-lives-matter-protesters-should-be-lynched?ref=home

37 minutes ago, Tracker said:

Dallas Fire Battalion Chief Suggests Black Lives Matter Protesters Should Be Lynched

A Dallas Fire-Rescue battalion chief is under investigation—but still employed—after suggesting on social media that Black Lives Matter protesters should be lynched. “No ****...we need to find out who’s behind this and find a good tree to use!” Allan Springer wrote on Facebook, in response to photos of brick palettes seen at a demonstration. Dallas Fire Fighters Association President Capt. Jim McDade decried Springer’s racist comment, writing in response, “Sorry chief but that is unbelievably offensive and inappropriate. I respect you as a BC and a firefighter but I’m appalled. Feel free to delete me, call me out, or do whatever you want.” A spokesperson for Dallas Fire-Rescue told WFAA that Springer, who oversees at least 60 people, is now under investigation, “by the department’s Internal Affairs Division to determine the necessary course of action going forward.”

https://www.thedailybeast.com/dallas-fire-battalion-chief-suggests-black-lives-matter-protesters-should-be-lynched?ref=home

It's amazing how free speech only applies to those when they have the same opinion as you.  Protest lockdowns is OK, but others- "lynch 'em"

2 hours ago, Mr Dee said:

Yeah well, good to hear from you. With all the wildness in Seattle, there were those who thought johnzo was a gonezo..😉

I am way way way way way way way more concerned about the covid than I am about any danger from antifa or black lives matter.  Still sheltering my high-risk tuckus in place.  Have been doing a ton of home improvement projects and redecorating, though, my place looks pretty spiffy now.

1 minute ago, johnzo said:

I am way way way way way way way more concerned about the covid than I am about any danger from antifa or black lives matter.  Still sheltering my high-risk tuckus in place.  Have been doing a ton of home improvement projects and redecorating, though, my place looks pretty spiffy now.

Paint your home blue and gold?

3 minutes ago, HardCoreBlue said:

Paint your home blue and gold?

it's brick, so blue and gold would be tough, but I did get some vintage Jets and Blue Bombers pennants from ebay and get those hung up in my office.

Off topic but the Bombers don't have much in the way of official 2019 Grey Cup Champion merch you can hang on your walls.  Disappointing.

1 hour ago, Mr Dee said:

Trump on police chokeholds: "I think the concept of chokeholds sounds so innocent and so perfect."

Perhaps a demonstration is in order...with you as the chokee..

It would be....so beautiful.

I remember when all the Bush II creeps were so into waterboarding...

On 2020-06-10 at 4:07 PM, Tracker said:

War? Yes. With Russia? No. The Israelis have been hankering for the US to attack Iran for years, as Iran is the only remaining military that could oppose Israel seizing more land in defiance of UN directions and world condemnation. 

There's been a proxy war between Saudis and Iran for years now in various countries in the middle east...  I think a 'conflict' with Russia is more easily controlled by both sides - Putin gets to shore up strategic locations and allies while Trump gets to delay or cancel the election - we'll find out soon enough

1 hour ago, Floyd said:

There's been a proxy war between Saudis and Iran for years now in various countries in the middle east...  I think a 'conflict' with Russia is more easily controlled by both sides - Putin gets to shore up strategic locations and allies while Trump gets to delay or cancel the election - we'll find out soon enough

I would bet that Putin has incriminating stuff on Trump- like the fabled "pee-tape" and probably a lot worse. Trump has been bending over backwards to please Putin, and that has to be more than worshipping a dictator that he would love to emulate.

38 minutes ago, Tracker said:

I would bet that Putin has incriminating stuff on Trump- like the fabled "pee-tape" and probably a lot worse. Trump has been bending over backwards to please Putin, and that has to be more than worshipping a dictator that he would love to emulate.

$$$$$$$ Trump probably is many millions in debt to Russia.

Antifa ain't the problem.

Police detain armed militia members after man is shot at Albuquerque protest

June 16, 2020 at 4:42 a.m. CDT

Protesters in Albuquerque wrapped a chain around the neck of a bronze statue and began tugging, chanting “Tear it down,” shortly before sunset on Monday. Their efforts to pull down a monument of Spanish conquistador Juan de Oñate suddenly stopped as four shots rang out.

Most people instinctively turned toward the noise, videos from the scene show. A few screamed. Just yards away, a group of militia men sporting militarylike garb and carrying semiautomatic rifles formed a protective circle around the gunman.

The gunshots, which left one man in critical but stable condition, have set off a cascade of public outcry denouncing the unregulated militia’s presence and the shooting, although police have yet to announce an arrest or describe exactly what happened. The victim is also unidentified.

“The heavily armed individuals who flaunted themselves at the protest, calling themselves a ‘civil guard,’ were there for one reason: To menace protesters, to present an unsanctioned show of unregulated force,” New Mexico Gov. Michelle Lujan Grisham (D) said in a statement. “To menace the people of New Mexico with weaponry — with an implicit threat of violence — is on its face unacceptable; that violence did indeed occur is unspeakable.”

On Facebook, the group has shared materials encouraging people to arm themselves, promoted military training on infantry tactics and “ambushing,” and shared multiple posts opposing the leveling of monuments to Confederate figures in the South and Oñate in New Mexico. Members of the group recently told the Eastern New Mexico News their aim was to protect businesses from damage during protests. They claimed they had been in contact with police and were following guidance given to them by officials.

Militias like the New Mexico Civil Guard and other armed, far-right counterprotesters have been a controversial presence at Black Lives Matter protests across the United States. At an Albuquerque protest earlier this month, video of police talking to an armed militia group spurred allegations that officers were coordinating with the group in an official capacity, although police denied the claim.

A man tied to the far-right Boogaloo movement is accused of killing 2 officers amidst Black Lives Matter protests

In Northern California, a man with alleged ties to the far-right Boogaloo movement is facing murder charges in connection with the shootings of two law enforcement officers: Damon Gutzwiller, a sergeant in the Santa Cruz County Sheriff’s office, and David Patrick Underwood, a 53-year-old federal security officer.

On May 29, according to the U.S. Department of Justice, Underwood was guarding the federal building in Oakland when a drive-by shooting occurred. Steven Carrillo, a U.S. Air Force sergeant, is accused of the shooting, and Robert Justus is alleged to be his accomplice. Gutzwiller was killed in a separate shootout in Ben Lomond, California.

https://www.alternet.org/2020/06/a-man-tied-to-the-far-right-boogaloo-movement-is-accused-of-killing-2-officers-amidst-black-lives-matter-protests/

The Far Right Is Stirring Up Violence at Seattle’s Capitol Hill Autonomous Zone

On Monday, people associated with far-right groups like the Proud Boys and Patriot Prayer entered the CHAZ, beating at least one man on camera nearby. After a week of lusting for conflict in a six-block activist zone in Seattle, far-right figures went and made their own trouble.

Seattle’s Capitol Hill Autonomous Zone—or CHAZ, although some newer stylings refer to it as the Capitol Hill Organized Protest, or CHOP—is a small protest area that emerged last week, after police vacated a nearby precinct and city leaders agreed to leave the streets open for Black Lives Matter demonstrations. Almost immediately, figures on the right looked for evidence that the loosely organized protest area was a den of violence and criminality, with President Donald Trump tweeting threats to send in law enforcement and Fox News editing a picture of a gunman into otherwise-nonthreatening images from the area. 

Then, on Monday, people associated with far-right groups like the Proud Boys and Patriot Prayer entered the CHAZ, beating at least one man on camera nearby.

https://www.thedailybeast.com/seattle-capitol-hill-autonomous-zone-visited-by-violent-proud-boys?ref=home

7 minutes ago, Tracker said:

A man tied to the far-right Boogaloo movement is accused of killing 2 officers amidst Black Lives Matter protests

In Northern California, a man with alleged ties to the far-right Boogaloo movement is facing murder charges in connection with the shootings of two law enforcement officers: Damon Gutzwiller, a sergeant in the Santa Cruz County Sheriff’s office, and David Patrick Underwood, a 53-year-old federal security officer.

On May 29, according to the U.S. Department of Justice, Underwood was guarding the federal building in Oakland when a drive-by shooting occurred. Steven Carrillo, a U.S. Air Force sergeant, is accused of the shooting, and Robert Justus is alleged to be his accomplice. Gutzwiller was killed in a separate shootout in Ben Lomond, California.

https://www.alternet.org/2020/06/a-man-tied-to-the-far-right-boogaloo-movement-is-accused-of-killing-2-officers-amidst-black-lives-matter-protests/

Amazing how a fake tweet about Antifa is doing more to 'out' fascists and show people what monsters they are than anything Antifa could do itself...

Not that it will really sink in but whatevs 

yup, a couple of those proud boys are well-known regional troublemakers.  We'll see how Tiny's parole officer down in Portland reacts to this footage.

Don't have time to dig it up now but there's footage on twitter of them going five-on-one against one guy well outside the chazop, they stole his phone and are playing keepaway with it.  Totally fits their MO -- they swarm and look for vulnerable solos they can attack. They're human sewage, basically a gang of roided-up eighth graders.