Black Lives Matter

Rich

On Trump‘s tweet about a ‘set up’:

New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo at his daily news briefing Tuesday was apoplectic over the tweet, which he described as "pouring gasoline on the fire" during a tense moment for the country.

"What does that even mean, 'fell harder than he was pushed'?" said Cuomo. "What, do you think it was staged? Do you think the blood coming out of his head was staged?

"Show some decency, show some humanity," Cuomo said, and called on Trump to apologize.

"We can't turn away. We must not turn away. We cannot leave this moment thinking we can once again turn away from racism that stings at our very soul,” former Vice President Joe Biden said while speaking via video at George Floyd’s funeral.

Edited by Mr Dee

The Cesspool That Spat Out Trump’s New Conspiracy About Cops

Here is how Trump got the idea that a 75-year-old protester who was pushed to the ground and bled out of his head may have been antifa. It’s as crazy as you can imagine.

The tweet was sparked by a segment on the Trump-fawning cable news network OAN, which was based on a blog post from The Conservative Treehouse. And it represented yet another instance of how the president’s penchant for uncritically amplifying those willing to flatter or absolve his views has vaulted the dregs of the Internet’s conspiracy theorists into national prominence. 

The OAN segment was reported by Kristian Rouz, a Russian journalist who pulled double duty working for the Russian state propaganda channel Sputnik as well as OAN. In it, Rouz claimed Gugino was using “common antifa tactics” and that the incident was "a false flag provocation by far-left group antifa." He cited The Conservative Treehouse as evidence that Gugino was using a “police tracker” on his phone during the encounter. 

https://www.thedailybeast.com/meet-the-conservative-treehouse-the-blog-thats-ground-zero-for-insane-trump-sht?ref=home

2 hours ago, Mr Dee said:

On Trump‘s tweet about a ‘set up’:

New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo at his daily news briefing Tuesday was apoplectic over the tweet, which he described as "pouring gasoline on the fire" during a tense moment for the country.

"What does that even mean, 'fell harder than he was pushed'?" said Cuomo. "What, do you think it was staged? Do you think the blood coming out of his head was staged?

"Show some decency, show some humanity," Cuomo said, and called on Trump to apologize.

Senators who were tough talking in the 2016 Presidential election like Marco Rubio & especially Ted Cruz were cowardly quiet about this tweet saying they have no comment because they pay no attention to nothing Trump says on twitter. Personally, I think Trump is done & he knows it. He sees his Presidency frittering away & his popularity dropping. . I just wonder if he'll survive the GOP convention.  Would the Republicans replace him??

1 hour ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Senators who were tough talking in the 2016 Presidential election like Marco Rubio & especially Ted Cruz were cowardly quiet about this tweet saying they have no comment because they pay no attention to nothing Trump says on twitter. Personally, I think Trump is done & he knows it. He sees his Presidency frittering away & his popularity dropping. . I just wonder if he'll survive the GOP convention.  Would the Republicans replace him??

No. Hes actually very popular with Republicans. I believe hes already won the nomination tho. 

They will go down with Trump and the GOP. 

2 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

The only promiment Republican who has shred of credibility is Romney, and the cynic in me wonders if his walking in the protests this weekend wasn't directed by the GOP brass so that he is distancing himself from Trump. If this is so, it would be a "plan B" that if Trump has no chance of re-election and is catching the other GOP candidates in his undertow, Romney could then replace Trump as the presidential candidate, and maybe prevent the GOP from becoming a rump party.

holy **** are you folks hearing what's happening out here?  Seattle cops abandoned the East Precinct, protesters have set up an damn autonomous zone there with barricades.

Somehow all of the surrounding businesses and homes are intact.  There is plenty to  wreck there -- this is smack dab in the middle of the densest neighborhood on the West Coast.  And also, somehow, the precinct house is unburnt!  it is strange how these protesters who have been out in the streets for days and days did not take advantage of the cops' sudden retreat to indulge in the animal anarchy that Soros buys with his paychecks.

All kinds of chatter about how this was a trap, that the Seattle cops want a new east precinct building anyway and if they get this one burned they win the war.  Protesters are not taking them up on it, and I hear anti-provocateur security is in place.

I wouldn't have believed something like this could happen even just six months ago, but here we are.  This image is not a photoshop.

u13m4jff3y351.jpg?width=960&crop=smart&a

25 minutes ago, johnzo said:

holy **** are you folks hearing what's happening out here?  Seattle cops abandoned the East Precinct, protesters have set up an damn autonomous zone there with barricades.

Somehow all of the surrounding businesses and homes are intact.  There is plenty to  wreck there -- this is smack dab in the middle of the densest neighborhood on the West Coast.  And also, somehow, the precinct house is unburnt!  it is strange how these protesters who have been out in the streets for days and days did not take advantage of the cops' sudden retreat to indulge in the animal anarchy that Soros buys with his paychecks.

All kinds of chatter about how this was a trap, that the Seattle cops want a new east precinct building anyway and if they get this one burned they win the war.  Protesters are not taking them up on it, and I hear anti-provocateur security is in place.

I wouldn't have believed something like this could happen even just six months ago, but here we are.  This image is not a photoshop.

u13m4jff3y351.jpg?width=960&crop=smart&a

Are you really buying that Soros is funding this unrest in the US? Really?

no, that is a joke. 

my point was that this seizure kinda puts the lie to the idea that protesters and vandals are the same bunch. 

and I couldn't help poking fun at all the Secret Soros Army nonsense that you read from the usual suspects. 

Actually, if you go back a few months in the U.S. Politics thread, you'll find out that many MBB posters are cashing checks from Soros .... though I regret the jokes I made about the coronavirus vaccine that the SorosForce people got.

28 minutes ago, johnzo said:

no, that is a joke. 

my point was that this seizure kinda puts the lie to the idea that protesters and vandals are the same bunch. 

and I couldn't help poking fun at all the Secret Soros Army nonsense that you read from the usual suspects. 

Actually, if you go back a few months in the U.S. Politics thread, you'll find out that many MBB posters are cashing checks from Soros .... though I regret the jokes I made about the coronavirus vaccine that the SorosForce people got.

(Whew). 

10 hours ago, Goalie said:

No. Hes actually very popular with Republicans. I believe hes already won the nomination tho. 

They will go down with Trump and the GOP. 

Just because Trump has enough votes to win the nomination doesn't mean he'll get it. The GOP brass could decide they no longer support Trump as well as the committed delegates who could turn their votes over to another candidate in a "brokered" or "contested" convention. With Trump's popularity falling & GOP Governors, Mayors, Senators & Congressman seeing their futures in their home cities, states as well as Washington dimming, the Republicans could oust Trump in an attempt to save themselves. If that happened, it would be riveting television. 

Here's the problem, Trump may have 92% of the Republican base but Joe Biden is sitting somewhere near 96% of the Democratic base. There are more Democrats in the US than Republicans so Trump would still lose the election if those numbers held. He can't win with just his base. And there is no growth for him with women & racial minorities. I don't have the stats in front of me nor can I find them so I can't comment further. 

Interesting article from the Nat'l Guard POV:

"One of the D.C. National Guardsmen said he was worried that a lot of the goodwill that the Guard has built up with local Washingtonians because of their coronavirus response and annual Fourth of July celebrations was in jeopardy.

“Within the span of 30 to 40 minutes, all of that washed away because of political stuff,” he said.

Osterholm said the Guardsmen were ill-prepared for the hate directed at them by the protesters, which was reminiscent of the anti-military sentiment during the Vietnam War. The shift from being viewed as heroes during the coronavirus pandemic to villains suppressing citizens’ right to protest happened overnight, she said."

9 minutes ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

Interesting article from the Nat'l Guard POV:

"One of the D.C. National Guardsmen said he was worried that a lot of the goodwill that the Guard has built up with local Washingtonians because of their coronavirus response and annual Fourth of July celebrations was in jeopardy.

“Within the span of 30 to 40 minutes, all of that washed away because of political stuff,” he said.

Osterholm said the Guardsmen were ill-prepared for the hate directed at them by the protesters, which was reminiscent of the anti-military sentiment during the Vietnam War. The shift from being viewed as heroes during the coronavirus pandemic to villains suppressing citizens’ right to protest happened overnight, she said."

Way to Go, Trump.