Black Lives Matter

Rich

giphy.gif

As Canadians we have a front row seat to the madness in the states.

So if the FBI/CIA tell Orange about social media posting inciting violence coming from Russia...what will he do?

Best guess? I trust Putin, he's a good friend.

Edited by FrostyWinnipeg

1 minute ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

So if the FBI/CIA tell Orange about social media posting inciting violence coming from Russia...what will he do?

Same thing he does about any news he doesn't like. Either ignore it or decry it as fake news or both. 

Ive got to be honest, these morons using All Lives Matter are really aggravating me.  Saw someone I know (and like) was posting on FB about how Scott Hall (wrestler) deleted his account because he posted ALM and was attacked and this guy claims he uses it to mean we should all stick together but now he will be attacked for doing something nice.  WTF people.  It knowingly diminishes the cause, the protests and what black people are feeling. Stop it.  Because, no All Lives dont matter right now...thats the point.  Ugh.  An awful lot of white people are stupid, insensitive and suffer that "subtle" racism. Get off social media for an hour and reflect.  

13 hours ago, Tiny759 said:

You could say indigenous people and Canada have had a bad relationship? Im indigenous, so you would be ok if let’s say.... i was violent against you? I mean you did say you understand it after decades of oppression. 

There has been and is discrimination against Canadian first nations, but I see no evidence that there have been the type of incidents where police have been killing and assaulting unarmed first nations people on the scale of what is happening in the US. I do not condone violence, by the police or others, but there comes a point where, if peaceful means of protest gain nothing and the killings and assaults go on, reactive violence is predictable and almost inevitable.

8 minutes ago, Tracker said:

There has been and is discrimination against Canadian first nations, but I see no evidence that there have been the type of incidents where police have been killing and assaulting unarmed first nations people on the scale of what is happening in the US. I do not condone violence, by the police or others, but there comes a point where, if peaceful means of protest gain nothing and the killings and assaults go on, reactive violence is predictable and almost inevitable.

Violent protests are the result of peaceful protests not working.  No one is to blame for this but the people in power who have mistreated black people for the entirety of the US history.  Do you hear them now?  

Trump tells mayors and governors ‘most of you are weak’ during teleconference ‘rant’ about unrest: ‘You have to dominate’

President Donald Trump scolded the nation’s mayors and governors for the unrest in the wake of several deaths of unarmed Black people by police and “wannabe police.”

Speaking on a conference call, Trump told the group, “the only time it’s successful is when you’re weak and most of you are weak.” He went on to tell the group that they must start arresting people or protesters will “run over you.”

“You have to dominate, if you don’t dominate you’re wasting your time. They’re going to run over you, you’re going to look like a bunch of jerks. You have to dominate,” Trump said.

He reportedly went on to call them “fools.”

(Trump has certainly mastered the art of diplomacy)

4 minutes ago, Tracker said:

Trump tells mayors and governors ‘most of you are weak’ during teleconference ‘rant’ about unrest: ‘You have to dominate’

President Donald Trump scolded the nation’s mayors and governors for the unrest in the wake of several deaths of unarmed Black people by police and “wannabe police.”

Speaking on a conference call, Trump told the group, “the only time it’s successful is when you’re weak and most of you are weak.” He went on to tell the group that they must start arresting people or protesters will “run over you.”

“You have to dominate, if you don’t dominate you’re wasting your time. They’re going to run over you, you’re going to look like a bunch of jerks. You have to dominate,” Trump said.

What a POS

12 minutes ago, Tracker said:

Cotton: Trump should use Insurrection Act to deploy active-duty military to cities

https://thehill.com/homenews/senate/500449-cotton-trump-should-use-insurrection-act-to-deploy-active-duty-military-to

6 minutes ago, johnzo said:

:meanwhile in Seattle.. watch the second video -- can anyone explain to me what that cop was trying to accomplish besides just being a violent clown? reminds me of a drunken jerk in a bar looking for a fight.

Nice to see the cops are being sensitive to being too aggressive in the wake of the Floyd death.  You just know the orders from above are "**** the protesters" when they should be "everyone has a camera, be patient, be fair, be conciliatory, err on the side of non-aggressive, non-punitive" 

This is why people are protesting. 

******* cops tripping on their power. 

It's too celebrated. I have even heard stories from people I know who became cops boasting about the liberties they've gotten to take when placing people in custody. Hell we saw it in Lethbridge with the cops busting up the lady in a storm trooper costume. You get too many school yard bullies with no career options but cops and they continue their bullying behaviour. 

This has been brewing for a while. Police forces in the US have been buying and have been given military equipment designed for urban warfare and the reality is that there has never been a weapon that was designed but never used. Thus many police forces have had this equipment and some officers have been itching to use it, and the black people know exactly who it was meant for, ramping up their anxiety and reactiveness. By comparison, about 25 years ago, Scotland Yard police management  in London were preparing to issue sidearms to the Bobbies, but the police overwhelmingly rejected this, threatening to go on strike if necessary to make their point. They believed that carrying firearms would create an atmosphere that would make them more at risk and, most importantly, distort the relationship they had with the public. The management backed down.

30 minutes ago, Tracker said:

This has been brewing for a while. Police forces in the US have been buying and have been given military equipment designed for urban warfare and the reality is that there has never been a weapon that was designed but never used. Thus many police forces have had this equipment and some officers have been itching to use it, and the black people know exactly who it was meant for, ramping up their anxiety and reactiveness. By comparison, about 25 years ago, Scotland Yard police management  in London were preparing to issue sidearms to the Bobbies, but the police overwhelmingly rejected this, threatening to go on strike if necessary to make their point. They believed that carrying firearms would create an atmosphere that would make them more at risk and, most importantly, distort the relationship they had with the public. The management backed down.

I would surmise that the escalation of police weaponry was originally in response to the ability of the common US citizen to purchase AK 47's and AR 15's, using the 2nd amendment as cover to justify why civilians needed such powerful weapons. The 1997 North Hollywood shootout was a big turning point where police found themselves outgunned, using pistols to engage in a firefight with 2 bank robbers armed with automatic rifles and body armor. Rather than enact more restrictive measures prohibiting sales of automatic weapons to the public, the government instead decided to encourage the upping of the police arsenal in response, with departments then training all members like their specialized SWAT units, with more lethal weapons to go along with their training. Seems to be the US way, to escalate to match the perceived threat rather than de-escalate.

https://www.latimes.com/local/lanow/la-me-ln-north-hollywood-shootout-revisited-20170223-htmlstory.html

Trump posts tweet threatening unnamed people in a video he accuses of being ‘anarchists’

In a reckless and dangerous move, President Donald Trump posted a video on Twitter Monday of a small group of people, apparently at a protest, speaking vaguely about putting “stuff out here.” Despite the fact that the video appeared entirely innocuous, Trump apparently read into the clip sinister motives, and shared it to his millions of followers with a threatening message.

“Anarchists, we see you!” he wrote.

https://www.alternet.org/2020/06/trump-posts-tweet-threatening-unnamed-people-in-a-video-he-accuses-of-being-anarchists/

(Trump has become divorced from reality)

3 hours ago, The Unknown Poster said:

.  An awful lot of white people are stupid, insensitive and suffer that "subtle" racism. Get off social media for an hour and reflect.  

That's racist and you shouldn't generalize everyone.   Shame on you.   

As I said before... vocal minority.   

Just because you have racist guilt don't lump everyone else in.  

1 hour ago, Brandon said:

Sorry Brandon. Your remark is awful. I don’t feel guilt. I feel disparity and anger at how an entire group of my fellow humans have been treated for the entire history of the US. 

You should feel the same way and I feel sad for you if you don’t. 

Edited by The Unknown Poster

On 2020-05-31 at 12:54 AM, Brandon said:

If only these animals would realize how far back this sets the cause by acting like savages.  

On 2020-05-31 at 2:03 AM, Brandon said:

It's the culture (I keep bringing it up) but it's true.  At the beginning of the Corona Virus their was a tonne of racism towards Asians by parts of the black community.  You didn't see the Asian culture go crazy and destroy everything. Their was a tonne of racism to middle eastern folks during the "fear the terrorists"... you didn't see them going around destroying everything.     The gang culture promotes violence and looks for any reason to cause chaos and trouble.  It's sad.  You saw this same behavior during Clinton,  Bush and Obama eras also.  This isn't anything new. 

On 2020-05-31 at 2:36 AM, Brandon said:

It will stop once the culture changes.   You don't see police having these kinds of issues with other visible minorities.

On 2020-05-31 at 3:01 AM, Brandon said:

Well one culture has actively promoted joining gangs,  killing cops and being bad.... and another culture promotes great shame if you don't finish school and become something....  you don't think culture has any impact?  

I don't need to read history... when as a white person you can't drive in certain places because you will get shot or beaten on site for simply being white by black people..... (Chicago, LA, Oakland, Detroit for example)...... yet if I walk around any Asian communities the worst thing that can happen is that I won't be served.... you can't deny culture is a major reason.  

I'm not generalizing and lumping everyone in one pot. But you can't pretend the culture isn't a major reason why they are targeted over others.

1 hour ago, Brandon said:

I don’t like to throw around the word “racist” lightly - there are many forms of ignorance that can be displayed that are inappropriate but do not make the person an out-and-out racist. 

But I will say this strongly to Brandon. I have found a lot of his comments here offensive to me personally. I won’t assume to speak for the masses. I have shrugged them off so far as ill-informed in my opinion, but since he has decided to declare another poster as “racist” for making generalities, I invite him and everyone else to re-visit his own posts where he talks about a “culture” that he seems to ascribe to only one visible minority, and ask if this does not meet his very own definition? Either the definition of “racism” proposed by his last message needs to be discounted as incorrect, or he needs to read-think the toxicity of his own statements if the label of “racist” is going to be thrown about.

Edited by TrueBlue4ever

2 hours ago, The Unknown Poster said:

Sorry Brandon. Your remark is awful. I don’t feel guilt. I feel disparity and anger at how an entire group of my fellow humans have been treated for the entire history of the US. 

You should feel the same way and I feel sad for you if you don’t. 

And your remark of generalizing that most or many white people are racist is not awful?  

My point is that you can't group everyone together based off the bad things that a smaller group of people have said/done.  

Maybe we come from different places,  my friends, co workers and circle of acquaintances are not racist at all and are mixed and matched and are good people.  I've seen bad apples and most racism that I've been exposed to is from older folks or folks from the country (see Bible Belt).  I wasn't aware that the people that you associate with are racist and that's unfortunate that you've experienced this.  You're claiming that many/most white people are closet racist...so therefore a good chunk of your white friends/associates must be racist since that's what you claimed.  It's either that or you carry a guilt for having those thoughts on your own.  

I don't think anyone on these boards are saying racism doesn't exist myself included.  I just have a problem when people try to make it seem like all white people are racists when that's far from the truth.   My opinion is that the older generation has more and that's a product of their upbringing,  the current generation are waaaaaay more open minded and much less racist.  Way more good people then bad people.   Some areas (deep south) might have a closer balance of bad and good.. but places like Winnipeg where it's one of the most multi cultural places in Canada are at the opposite extreme.  

Edited by Brandon

It looks like the UFC Light Heavyweight division will be cleaning up the streets!   Those are two guys I would not want to mess with!  Good for them!  When Jon Jones even for a brief moment is a good guy you know the world is upside down!