Dylan Samberg

Goalie

I think Samberg will offer more at the NHL level this year than Heinola.  Heinola should play heavy minutes and run the powerplay for the Moose next season and maybe get a few callups. Samberg is ready to contribute and add some size.  Could be 6'4 220 by the start of training camp. That's an inch taller and 17 more pounds than Trouba.  They all look small standing next to Buff.

1 hour ago, Colin Unger said:

I think Samberg will offer more at the NHL level this year than Heinola.  Heinola should play heavy minutes and run the powerplay for the Moose next season and maybe get a few callups. Samberg is ready to contribute and add some size.  Could be 6'4 220 by the start of training camp. That's an inch taller and 17 more pounds than Trouba.  They all look small standing next to Buff.

Remind me how we have the luxury to leave Heinola with the Moose...?  He showed well as a raw rookie and then went to Finland and stalled - the trend in the NHL is to move D ahead sooner than later...  We can't install Samberg as our 2D unless you're suggesting re-signing Kulikov or Beaulieu...???

8 hours ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

Jets have 6 guaranteed for next season. 

Morrissey, Heinola, Pionk, Samberg, Poolman, Niku, Dalhstrom. Heck 7 if Dustin cares.

UFA's 

Beaulieu(plus leader - my fave stat), DeMelo, Kulikov, Sbisa, Bitetto

I’d sign deMelo and go looking for another top 4 D.  Maybe Hamonic.  If we’re signing fringe guys then no issue with Beaulieu.  Jets probably sign bitetto. 

8 hours ago, The Unknown Poster said:

I’d sign deMelo and go looking for another top 4 D.  Maybe Hamonic.  If we’re signing fringe guys then no issue with Beaulieu.  Jets probably sign bitetto. 

I think Chevy targets lefites like Joel Edmundson or Brendan Dillon - bigger, D first, partner for Pionk... someone who will beat the crap out of Kane when he runs him

On 2020-04-07 at 7:15 PM, Floyd said:

Remind me how we have the luxury to leave Heinola with the Moose...?  He showed well as a raw rookie and then went to Finland and stalled - the trend in the NHL is to move D ahead sooner than later...  We can't install Samberg as our 2D unless you're suggesting re-signing Kulikov or Beaulieu...???

Ville the kid is ready offensively for the NHL but I don't think he's big enough or strong enough yet and he did stall a bit in Finland. I think he would benefit from spending significant time with the Moose playing heavy minutes and power play time. It would be good for his development.  I don't think that Ville is so good at this point that it would cost the NHL team all that much to do what is best for his long term development. I think the jets will invest in two free-agents. Hopefully DeMelo and someone else.  So are we a really going to be utilizing Ville on the 3rd pairing early on in the season when we could be giving him heavy ice time with the Moose?

1 hour ago, Goalie said:

I wouldn't be surprised if both Ville and the Sandman are in the A to start next season. I'd be shocked if they weren't. 

Logan Stanley.. Whens his contact up cuz theres a real chance they just let him go. 

From listening to the Moose PBP guy,  it sounded like Stanley took a big step 2 seasons ago ,  but then this season (the one that just was cancelled) he regressed.   He kept talking about the organization being patient with him and willing to give him time to grow.  

3 hours ago, Brandon said:

From listening to the Moose PBP guy,  it sounded like Stanley took a big step 2 seasons ago ,  but then this season (the one that just was cancelled) he regressed.   He kept talking about the organization being patient with him and willing to give him time to grow.  

He's our new Patrice Cormier...  we'll see him on the Jets for a few games here and there for the next decade

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 2020-04-11 at 11:56 AM, Brandon said:

Yes. Ive heard from non working for the team directly folks who say they are losing patience with him tho . Im sure they will keep him around cuZ higher pick but eventually if it aint clicking u move on. I mean lets be honest.. Moose pbp and Jets pbp guys like Munz are def company men and rightfully so. I mean lets be honest would be pretty much career suicide for them to go on basically Jets radio and go against the Jets message. 1290 sucks imo for this reason.. 2 many extremely homer "insiders". Nobody really ruffles feathers. Lawless did. 

Now tho.. Fired tv guys like toth.. Kevin O etc.. I mean not exactly riveting listening

Edited by Goalie