Just For You, Zontar

1 minute ago, J5V said:

Like you, I'm old enough to have seen him play. What a beast! That man had an incredible motor. Ran wide open all game long.

Yeah, he was probably one of the best well known players across Canada back then. They say john Barrow was a better player but he wasn't as famous as Big Angie. Mosca loved the limelight. 

7 hours ago, Stickem said:

LOL ...Kapp B.C. QB. ,when he retired started peddling peanut butter ...he sure wasn't throwing peanuts at big Angie though and connected with a haymaker...One of the funniest old guy CFL meetings I ever saw   LOL

Well, considering Angie was in a wheelchair with mobility issues, when Kapp hit him & he fell backwards out of his chair he could have easily been seriously hurt. Both of them are too old for this & should have known better. I find it sad rather than funny.  The picture here was taken moments after Mosca's hit in the 1963 Grey Cup took out Lions all star halfback Willie Fleming. The hatred runs deep & long with these 2. 

eb263afc83735c0a52bc5aaacc49b3b2--school-sports-school-football.jpg

1 hour ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Well, considering Angie was in a wheelchair with mobility issues, when Kapp hit him & he fell backwards out of his chair he could have easily been seriously hurt. Both of them are too old for this & should have known better. I find it sad rather than funny.  The picture here was taken moments after Mosca's hit in the 1963 Grey Cup took out Lions all star halfback Willie Fleming. The hatred runs deep & long with these 2. 

eb263afc83735c0a52bc5aaacc49b3b2--school-sports-school-football.jpg

Well, considering that Mosca (a) told him to shove the peace offering flower up his ass, (b) swatted it away when offered it a second time, and (c) swung a metal cane at Kapp's face (and connected enough to knock his glasses off) in response to having a flower swatted in his face, he got what he deserved IMO.

2 hours ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

Well, considering that Mosca (a) told him to shove the peace offering flower up his ass, (b) swatted it away when offered it a second time, and (c) swung a metal cane at Kapp's face (and connected enough to knock his glasses off) in response to having a flower swatted in his face, he got what he deserved IMO.

Both guys were way too old to do what they did.

Well, Mosca allegedly had kicked Fleming in the head during that game... so perhaps that's how Kapp justified kicking him when he was down? Hamilton eventually won the game (21-10) so I can see why Kapp would still be upset...having Fleming in may have made a difference. At the time in 1963, BC had never won a Grey Cup...though they would manage it the following year in 1964.

Fun fact: Joe Kapp has won both the Grey Cup (1964) and the NFL Championship (1969).

As others have said here, dangerous and childish behavior though...

14 hours ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

EXACTLY...Mosca was nobodies friend...even when he played .. but I don't give a rats ass who the guy is, swinging a bloody cane at my face...he's going to get a response...and he got one