Jump to content

Covid-19


JCon
 Share

Recommended Posts

34 minutes ago, blueingreenland said:

This is a STUNNING U.S. study:

Government Sanctioned Suicide: Study Finds Coming Economic Crisis Could Lead to 831,600 Suicides - Or 13 Times the Number of Coronavirus Deaths https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2020/04/government-sanctioned-suicide-study-finds-coming-economic-crisis-lead-831600-suicides-13-times-number-coronavirus-deaths/

You should probably vet your sources better in the future. https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/the-gateway-pundit/

There's zero need to see yet another thread devolve with the woke brigade posting sketchy information, conspiracy theory, and hyperbole from highly questionable sources. There's already enough of that in other threads in this sub-forum.

Be part of the solution here, not the problem.

Edited by blue_gold_84
Link to comment
Share on other sites

54 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

Just the language used is enough to know the author was a conspiracy nut. They all write in the same manner using hyperbole and opinions passed off as facts. 

Precisely - but when he cited the High River packing plant as one of his examples - that was the tipping point.  Even the most dedicated conspiracy theorist has to be aware of what happened there. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, blue_gold_84 said:

You should probably vet your sources better in the future. https://mediabiasfactcheck.com/the-gateway-pundit/

There's zero need to see yet another thread devolve with the woke brigade posting sketchy information, conspiracy theory, and hyperbole from highly questionable sources. There's already enough of that in other threads in this sub-forum.

Be part of the solution here, not the problem.

Nothing wrong with the source of the study,

https://digitalcommons.bryant.edu/cgi/viewcontent.cgi?referer=https://search.yahoo.com/&httpsredir=1&article=1019&context=honors_economics

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Mr Dee said:

 

 

She did not respond to a request to elaborate on whether it was possible the virus may have inadvertently escaped from a lab. The Wuhan Institute of Virology has dismissed rumours both that it synthesized the virus or allowed it to escape.

The WHO needs to definitively determine that question to save face. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, do or die said:

Mark, you realize that you have preempted a important story about a man, his gin, and a lab in China.   But I respect your decision.

My sincere apologies.  Had it concerned a man, his scotch, and a lab in China, I might have reconsidered. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

For example, the obviously biased article you posted may cite a legit study, but economics have so very many variables that you can't accurately make predictions. 

 

The key with these corona virus lock downs is government support of people and small businesses, which is outside the norm which throws all the modelling done in a study completely out the window. 

 

So no, there won't be that many suicides unless a government fails to act. In which case it won't be a lockdown that causes it but a government neglecting and mistreating the population. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, pigseye said:

The only thing pathetic are your attempts to dismiss science that you don't agree with. 

The pseudoscience garbage from No Tricks Zone, The Gateway Pundit, and other conspiracy pages run by troglodytes does nothing but hinder this thread and others in this sub-forum, not to mention demonstrate the lengths to which the Dunning-Kruger Effect has annihilated your ability to think critically or objectively.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

Economics are not science. Yeah they try really hard to science it up and treat it like it is science, but it really isn't. 

Where have you been for the past 30 years? 

They package up computer models based on simulations and probability and call it science, that's the new reality.

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, blue_gold_84 said:

The pseudoscience garbage from No Tricks Zone, The Gateway Pundit, and other conspiracy pages run by troglodytes does nothing but hinder this thread and others in this sub-forum, not to mention demonstrate the lengths to which the Dunning-Kruger Effect has annihilated your ability to think critically or objectively.

Your own insecurity in your lack of knowledge on the subject is your biggest problem so you rant and rave about sources and conspiracy theories, which is why you an incapable of carrying on a discussion, so many like you out there today, sad indeed. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, pigseye said:

Where have you been for the past 30 years? 

They package up computer models based on simulations and probability and call it science, that's the new reality.

 

They can call it science all they like, it doesn't make it true because there are too many variables that can make the models completely worthless. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

6 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

For example, the obviously biased article you posted may cite a legit study, but economics have so very many variables that you can't accurately make predictions. 

 

The key with these corona virus lock downs is government support of people and small businesses, which is outside the norm which throws all the modelling done in a study completely out the window. 

 

So no, there won't be that many suicides unless a government fails to act. In which case it won't be a lockdown that causes it but a government neglecting and mistreating the population. 

Yes, correlation isn't causation, the first rule of science but it doesn't stop people with agendas from fooling the masses with it now does it. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

So the Trump nuts and pandemic deniers' new trick is to try and make the virus a man-made biological weapon?  To what end?  I assume they just want to blame a non-white person or nation.  But you have the WHO saying all evidence supports the virus originating in animals and then you have people saying "no!  We NEED more evidence it didnt come from a lab!"  Whats next, you want evidence it didnt come from aliens?

The small chance that it was a lab issue is worth exploring but the efforts the nuts are going to try and make that happen is...curious.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, blueingreenland said:

This is a STUNNING U.S. study:

Government Sanctioned Suicide: Study Finds Coming Economic Crisis Could Lead to 831,600 Suicides - Or 13 Times the Number of Coronavirus Deaths https://www.thegatewaypundit.com/2020/04/government-sanctioned-suicide-study-finds-coming-economic-crisis-lead-831600-suicides-13-times-number-coronavirus-deaths/

 

2 hours ago, pigseye said:

Yup, it's the spin offs from the isolation/poverty/despair that nobody wants to talk about. The murders will go up, violent crimes, domestic abuse, when that damage is all tallied up it will make Covid 19 fatality rate look like a spit in the bucket. 

 

The Gatreway Pundit is a very reliable source of news and information....

 

Gateway Pundit - Questionable - Right Bias - Conservative - Fake News - Not CredibleFactual Reporting: Low - Not Credible - Not Reliable - Fake News - Bias


QUESTIONABLE SOURCE

A questionable source exhibits one or more of the following: extreme bias, consistent promotion of propaganda/conspiracies, poor or no sourcing to credible information, a complete lack of transparency and/or is fake news. Fake News is the deliberate attempt to publish hoaxes and/or disinformation for the purpose of profit or influence (Learn More). Sources listed in the Questionable Category may be very untrustworthy and should be fact checked on a per article basis. Please note sources on this list are not considered fake news unless specifically written in the reasoning section for that source. See all Questionable sources.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

17 minutes ago, pigseye said:

Your own insecurity in your lack of knowledge on the subject is your biggest problem so you rant and rave about sources and conspiracy theories, which is why you an incapable of carrying on a discussion, so many like you out there today, sad indeed. 

Discussion?  You post an article and say absolutely nothing about it unless someone disagrees with it. And yes, you do post largely from sources that are well - known as conspiracy theorists.  If there really is something to discuss, then why don't you lead the discussion, since you're the one who posted the info in the first place.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, pigseye said:

Your own insecurity in your lack of knowledge on the subject is your biggest problem so you rant and rave about sources and conspiracy theories, which is why you an incapable of carrying on a discussion, so many like you out there today, sad indeed. 

You're projecting, piggy.

Pseudoscience and conspiracy theory from sources that are proven to be unreliable, inaccurate trash is not science. And purporting either on here to peddle your "I'm more woke than others" narrative while getting defensive clearly shows who's insecure in his lack of intelligence.

I'd apologize for hurting your delicate sensitivities but **** it. Your actions made it clear long ago you're not here to have productive discussion; you just enjoy the discord created by the garbage you post in this sub-forum.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Jpan85 pinned and unpinned this topic

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...