Covid-19

JCon

11 minutes ago, Zontar said:

Not blaming  media for bad news but if the key is modifying human behaviour all the stuff they are peddling now is barn door horse advice. Inquisitive ness was absent when it was clear the situation was directed in China yet not a peep about barring travel because that was an "over reaction" and quite possibly racist.

And they're still not seeing anything wrong keeping airports humming and processing travellers from China with touch screens and questionaires.

Again, could you cite an actual example of this?

7 minutes ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

Not looking for an example of what has NOT been said. You have said that media is pushing the “banning travel from other countries is racist” theme. Please cite an example. 

Said travel bans were an over reaction. Racism towards China in general. "Wuhan " term disappeared almost overnight at China's request.

Weird to turn this in to a racist type of thread altho honestly not surprised by this. 

Im looking at Manitoba, 6 of our now 7 cases are all travel related and its believed the 7th is a relative of 2 of the travelers. 

Should they close air traffic for 30 days? Yeah probably but what about the idiots to the south of us who are out in large groups getting drunk or the local idiots going to do the same? 

So.. How do you control it? U control stupidity... And by that i mean the people, so you shut it all down except maybe grocery and gas stations and obviously hospitals and medical facilities.. Lets be safe and say until May 1st. 

Id def stop Intnl flights to Canada but also from since im assuming the majority of Canadian cases are similar to Manitoba and travel related (Phillipinos population is large here) 

But I'd close the US/Canada border also cuz Americans are gonna be a problem here. U got 130 million of em who think this is the flu. 

I work in an office wheee it’s open and we sit pretty close. Our company has a large call centre which is a Petri dish at the best of time’s. We’re definitely all curious about what’s going to happen there.  

How about businesses that make service calls at homes.  In and out of homes numerous times per day.  

10 minutes ago, Noeller said:

The media is reporting what the government and health officials are saying. That's their job. The media isn't to blame... At least in Canada. That Fox News thing is pretty typical for them. They're a ******* mess, but everyone already knows that. 

Media's  job is to be stenographers for the government? 

2 hours ago, Noeller said:

I've not seen one instance of this in Canada........not calling you a liar at all, but I'd really like to see examples. I've become a bit tired of "the media" taking blame for delivering the bad news. If anything is to blame it's SOCIAL media, which goes largely unregulated and misinformation abounds. Mainstream media at least has rules and, for the most part, evidence-backed information rules the day.

oh that's right you ignore the US politics thread. Some people just wear tinfoil hats. 

35 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

oh that's right you ignore the US politics thread. Some people just wear tinfoil hats. 

Ya I can see that for sure... Ironically, my news director is heading down that road.....