Covid-19

JCon

2 minutes ago, Noeller said:

I was super disappointed in both Costco and Walmart, recently, when I saw approximately 50% mask usage by customers. As mentioned, both Costco and Walmart were among the first to make masks mandatory......so what happened? Why did they stop enforcing it? 

Interesting. At Walmart, it's been compulsory since August and I would say, in my experience, that's been adhered to. But, you would still see people with them on, pushed down below their chins. 

Costco was 100% yesterday but we have additional measures here. 

The new restrictions seem pointless. Other than closing bars, the rest are basically things that were already being followed (50% capacity) or won't be (good luck enforcing number on private gatherings...people will just ignore that).

Like, oh good, the masked parents at my kids hockey game have to sit even further apart... meanwhile the kids all pile on each other in the corner of the ice.

11 minutes ago, Super Duper Negatron said:

The new restrictions seem pointless. Other than closing bars, the rest are basically things that were already being followed (50% capacity) or won't be (good luck enforcing number on private gatherings...people will just ignore that).

Like, oh good, the masked parents at my kids hockey game have to sit even further apart... meanwhile the kids all pile on each other in the corner of the ice.

Mostly I agree but I think the bars have been big drivers of cases along with large group sizes for events. Should have done it month ago. 

9 minutes ago, itchy said:

I'm surprised more restrictions weren't put in place for restaurants as that seemed to be a big driver of the numbers as well.

Glad they didn't change the gym restrictions- haven't heard of any connections through that type of venue.

Technically, they lowered the capacity to 50% again. However, they're basically at 50% anyhow due to other social distancing rules. I guess table group sizes were also dropped as a result of the max 5 people. 

At gyms, there have been some exposures but no outbreaks. (Yay!)

Although, recently in Ontario, an exposure at a spin class lead to a bunch of cases. 

Edited by JCon

Costco on Regent was 100% of people wearing face masks,   however 2 ladies did chin diaper it until they were shamed.       Otherwise from my observation the seniors were by far the worst culprits of not keeping distance.  They also had their masks down hoarding the free samples.       I would of thought they would be more cautious.  

15 hours ago, Wideleft said:

Sounds like you are arguing for more unions.  I'm encouraged.

In a minority government, the Liberals had to be sure they had the votes to pass this, so they needed NDP support.  You seem to understand this and yet you conclude with such a cynical take.  No wonder people are apathetic about voting and distrust government.

Yep. Back room deals.

8 hours ago, Mark H. said:

They can essentially govern as a majority for the foreseeable future. 

I have read the NDP as a party is broke. They can't afford to fight another election so the fix is in. The New Democrats will prop up the Liberals for a long time. Trudeau knows it which is why he is governing like he has a majority.

1 hour ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

I have read the NDP as a party is broke. They can't afford to fight another election so the fix is in. The New Democrats will prop up the Liberals for a long time. Trudeau knows it which is why he is governing like he has a majority.

He's given a thumbs up to their additions to budget. Twice at least. I'm kinda surprised he did it the last time as you said the NDP are not cash heavy.

46 minutes ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

He's given a thumbs up to their additions to budget. Twice at least. I'm kinda surprised he did it the last time as you said the NDP are not cash heavy.

I think Singh knows that if an election were held tomorrow many NDP supporters would votr Liberal. They would lose seats. Singh would be finished. 

Well the closing of some establishments starts today we should see the result in 7-10 days in terms of cases, people need to wear masks properly and keep contact with as few people as possible, hopeful that we will see a downturn soon. North Dakota has joined us in terms of having the most cases per capita in the States.

Edited by bustamente

17 minutes ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

You know time was we used to shame idiots into silence. Now they feel like their opinions are as valid as anyone's and people are just OK with it. 

Problem is idiots took the phrase that everyone is entitled to their opinion to mean they could disregard anything they don't like and believe whatever they want. Liking vanilla over chocolate is an opinion and you are entitled to that no matter what else anyone else says, but **** like "in my opinion masks do nothing" is not above criticism because you can prove that masks do in fact work. 

People like this need to stand up and pull their heads out of their asses and be open minded enough to critically think about things rather than celebrating their ignorance.