Covid-19

JCon

20 hours ago, Sard said:

Agreed, Pepsi has always had a bit of a metallic tasted to me as well.

Coke has always been my go-to for mix, but I've recently switched to Zevia Cola and it's an adequate substitute.

I switched to Zevia last year.  A number of their flavours are great... Their root beer can easily pass for A&W's.

20 hours ago, Sard said:

Double post.

Edited by bigg jay

Urine-Drinking Anti-Vax Leader Pisses Off Florida Judge

Anti-COVID-19 “Vaccine Police” leader Christopher Key appeared before a Florida judge Thursday afternoon over a trespassing charge stemming from attempting to attend a right-wing conference where he wasn’t welcomed. The court proceeding quickly got off to a bumpy start as Judge Dawn K. Hudson asked Key to raise his right hand, only for the man who believes drinking urine will cure COVID, to raise his left hand. “Your other right hand,” the judge said. The state of Florida then moved to offer Key the following plea deal: three months probation, adjudication of guilt, and an 8-hour anger management class. From there, Key, pled his innocence. “Did you take an oath of office?” he asked Judge Hudson. Despite the commotion, the judge ruled that Key would have to appear at another hearing later this month. That didn’t stop Key from making himself heard. “Do you understand that you have now broken your oath of office, correct? That is a criminal and a civil offense!” Key yelled at Judge Hudson. “I am a free man on the land.” The judge then booted Key from the Zoom room. Following the hearing, Key told The Daily Beast that the hearing was “priceless.”

Missouri Looks to Ban Pharmacists From Disputing Efficacy of Ivermectin
-Getty
When the Missouri state legislature on Wednesday passed a standard-issue licensure bill for physical therapists, few noticed a clandestine provision on its 32nd page banning pharmacists from telling patients about the potential dangers of using unproven drugs touted by conspiracy fringe groups as “forbidden cures” for COVID-19. The measure in the bill, passed unanimously by the state’s General Assembly, specifically bars pharmacists from disputing “the efficacy of ivermectin or hydroxychloroquine sulfate tablets for human use” unless specifically asked by a patient or physician. No evidence has been produced to show that ivermectin and hydroxychloroquine are effective treatments for the coronavirus, and in some cases they have been found to be actively harmful to patients. Lindsey Simmons, a former Missouri congressional candidate, was one of the few who did notice the measure, pointing out in a thread on Twitter that “nevertheless, the Missouri legislature has chosen to ‘own the libs’ by issuing a gag order against every pharmacist in this state from offering their medical opinion on taking either one of those medications—even if it could kill their patient.”

The bill currently awaits a signature from Missouri’s Republican governor, Mike Parson.

(Ivermectin ought to be the mandatory treatment for all GOP republicans if the contract COVID in any of its forms)

Why COVID is a key suspect in severe hepatitis cases in kids worldwide

Unexplained severe acute hepatitis cases among children continue to emerge in Canada and around the world, and while health officials desperately search for a cause of the mysterious illness, researchers are pointing to a possible link to COVID-19. 

The World Health Organization (WHO) said Tuesday there are now at least 348 probable cases of severe acute hepatitis —  or inflammation of the liver — in children under investigation worldwide, which aren't caused by the usual hepatitis viruses or any other clear source.

In Canada, more than a dozen possible cases have been reported across multiple provinces since the Public Health Agency of Canada (PHAC) confirmed earlier this month that some cases of the severe liver disease were under investigation.

While an early line of investigation from U.K. health officials emphasized possible links to adenovirus, a family of viruses typically known for causing mild cold or flu-like illness, global teams are also zeroing in on potential impacts from SARS-CoV-2, the virus behind COVID-19.
Toronto's Hospital for Sick Children has identified seven probable cases of a mysterious liver disease affecting children around the world. To date, 348 probable cases have been identified across 20 countries.
A recent American case study published in the Journal of Pediatric Gastroenterology and Nutrition analyzed a previously healthy three-year-old girl who developed acute liver failure a few weeks after recovering from a mild COVID infection. 

"The patient had liver biopsy findings and blood testing consistent with a type of autoimmune hepatitis which may have been triggered by COVID infection," said Dr. Anna Peters, a pediatric gastroenterologist at the Cincinnati Children's Hospital Medical Center.

Peters, the lead author on the study, said that while it was impossible to prove that COVID directly caused the liver disease in this case — it is possible the virus triggered an "abnormal immune response" that then attacked the liver.

19 hours ago, Stretch said:

That's brilliant marketing by the rapid test manufacturers. "Tested negative? You should probably take another one just to be sure. And another, and another..."

My wife has Covid  right now and tested positive. I have tons of symptoms but keep testing negative.( 3x) Now I guess I could have coincidently picked up another bug but it's not likely. I'll likely keep testing and filling their pockets with $ .

As I have said before , my daughter's family mostly had Covid and she was symptomatic but if took 7 tests to get a positive.

1 hour ago, the watcher said:

My wife has Covid  right now and tested positive. I have tons of symptoms but keep testing negative.( 3x) Now I guess I could have coincidently picked up another bug but it's not likely. I'll likely keep testing and filling their pockets with $ .

As I have said before , my daughter's family mostly had Covid and she was symptomatic but if took 7 tests to get a positive.

My wife and kids had it. We all stayed home but I couldn't really isolate from them....I didn't get sick and never tested positive...? It's a weird thing this covid.