Covid-19

JCon

2 hours ago, Mark H. said:

They wear mostly N95, which most of us probably can't access consistently

I'm surprise how many people are still wearing just a cloth mask and nothing else - they may as well spare themselves the inconvenience

The N95 masks are readily available at most pharmacies.

42 minutes ago, Tracker said:

The N95 masks are readily available at most pharmacies.

TBH, I hadn't actually looked.

I see so few people wearing them in the places I frequent (Petersfield, Selkirk), that I just assumed they were hard to get

Most people wear the blue medical mask or a cloth mask 

10 hours ago, Noeller said:

My life in Alberta for the past month. I tried...I really did....and there's maybe 5% of the population wearing one, so I just gave it the "why even bother anymore....?" 

We went to a new Calgary restaurant yon Sunday. It's back to getting as many tables into a small space as possible. Tables so close that you can hear the conversations all around. One table next to me was ordering. The waitress stood less than 6 inches away from me over my left shoulder taking the order & talking. I felt very uncomfortable. Like you, I figure what's the point of wearing a mask anymore?

3 hours ago, Mark H. said:

TBH, I hadn't actually looked.

I see so few people wearing them in the places I frequent (Petersfield, Selkirk), that I just assumed they were hard to get

Most people wear the blue medical mask or a cloth mask 

My wife who is an RN says that each individual N95 mask has to be fitted properly to a person's face. So, most people are not wearing them properly.

Edited by SpeedFlex27

Last I read was that Moderna and Pfizer both hoped to have a new vaccine with increased efficacy against Omicron rolling out in fall. I believe both companies are also hoping to have a vaccine rollout for kids 6 months - 5 years in summer as well. Hoping my family can avoid Omicron until both those rollouts happen. My grandma is currently hospitalized with Covid and has quite a few risk factors, but fortunately fully vaccinated and boosted.

which means mine will be sometime in july (pretty sure it will be because the day I went in for the booster the temperature was nice in January) no wait middle of the month....well facebook is useful for something helping me remember

Edited by iHeart

21 hours ago, Tracker said:

Research quoted on CBC Radio News yesterday indicated that 15% of workplace accidents in 2021 were related to COVID infections. 

Does someone have an article or explanation for this?

How is a Covid infection an accident or the cause of an accident? 

6 hours ago, Mark H. said:

Does someone have an article or explanation for this?

How is a Covid infection an accident or the cause of an accident? 

Apparently is has to do with the lingering aftereffects of the infection- reduced attention span, impaired memory, chronic fatigue and so forth. Several people I know are coping with this, and if you return to a demanding job, mistakes will be made.

20 minutes ago, iHeart said:

I actually tested negative, but I have a bad feeling that might change the week goes on

If you are using the home tests they can be quite unreliable. Covid went through my daughter's household. Her eldest daughter had it , her husband had it and she had all the symptoms. BUT she kept testing negative. It took 7 tests before she got a positive result.  So 6 tests that showed she was negative were wrong.  (She kept testing because she  was concerned about exposing people at her job.). And they are all over it without any really serious issues other than my son in law being tired for several weeks after. Wishing your Mom all the best.

I just wish they weren't so insisting on closing the test center on my end, I couldn't get the swab all the way up without triggering the sneeze button up my nose and yet it still gave a negative result (no symptoms yet though). I'm going to have to tell my supervisor what's going on and be more insistent that the kids keep their masks all the way on, I don't know how exposed I am because mom was wearing a KN95 this morning

Edited by iHeart

Ron Johnson falsely claims it 'may be true' that COVID-19 vaccines cause AIDS

Although Wisconsin is a battleground state that went to former President Donald Trump in 2016’s presidential election but favored President Joe Biden in 2020, Republican Sen. Ron Johnson obviously has no desire to embrace the center in the 2022 midterms. Johnson, seeking a third term in the U.S. Senate, is running as a far-right MAGA culture warrior — and he was clearly pandering to anti-vaxxer extremists when he said that COVID-19 vaccines “may” cause AIDS.

The Wisconsin State Journal’s Alexander Shur, in an article published on May 4, reports that during a recent video interview, attorney and anti-vaxxer Todd Callender claimed that COVID-19 shots “caused vaccine-induced AIDS” and “purposefully gave people AIDS” — something there is absolutely no proof of. In fact, COVID-19 vaccines are saving lives; it’s quite possible to be fully vaccinated and still get COVID-19, but infections among the vaccinated tend to be milder infections.

When Callender falsely linked COVID-19 vaccines to HIV and AIDS, Johnson responded, “Let me challenge you there. That’s way down the road. I mean, you gotta do one step at a time. Everything you say may be true, OK. But right now, the public views the vaccines as largely safe and effective, that vaccine injuries are rare and mild. That’s the narrative, that’s what the vast majority of the public accepts.”

Johnson continued, “So, until we get a larger percentage of the population with their eyes open to ‘woah, these vaccine injuries are real, why?,’ you know, it’s gotta be step by step. You can’t leap to crimes against humanity. You can’t leap to another Nuremberg trial.”

https://www.alternet.org/2022/05/ron-johnson-falsely-claims-it-may-be-true-that-19-vaccines-cause-aids/