Covid-19

JCon

Anyone who sympathizes with these obnoxious, ignorant, sociopathic idiots and their protest tantrum is no better than they are. This **** is disrupting an already fragile economy, not to mention the lives of people who live and work in the affected areas. And that's to say nothing about the white supremacists, xenophobes, and wannabe insurrectionists involved, regardless of whether or not they hijacked this stupid movement.

They're embarrassing this country right now. Every last one of them.

**** them. And anyone who continues to give them the benefit of the doubt? **** you, too.

6 minutes ago, Mark H. said:

"We need to plan for the different scenarios and just be ready for a time of emergence of new variants. But we've got to move on and see how we can make our societal functions closer to what they were before the pandemic."

"Tam said the possibility of new, more severe variants still poses a risk to future planning, but that it is time for governments and public health experts to "lay out a strategy and a plan towards moving back to something that is nearer normalcy."

https://www.cp24.com/news/omicron-may-be-peaking-but-covid-19-isn-t-done-with-us-yet-tam-1.5749861

I don't see your point with this article. The title literally says "Omicron may be peaking but COVID-19 isn't done with us yet: Tam"

It says nothing about getting rid of vaccine or mask mandates. The quote you highlighted says the exact same thing I already said - that Tam said it is time to look at how to manage Covid in a sustainable way. I am curious at what she means by getting nearer normalcy, but it says nothing about getting rid of mask/vaccine mandates. I would be shocked to see Tam give the thumbs up to the reopening plans of Alberta/Sask and likely Manitoba.

Again, this is just Tam (your example). Here is an article where other experts say that it is too premature to open - Manitoba reopening plans initiated prematurely, say experts | CBC News.

23 minutes ago, Brandon said:

You are saying every protestor is a nazi?  Come on now.     Misguided and uninformed maybe. but calling people a Nazi truly shows how ignorant you are.    You shouldn't use terms like that so loosely and to accuse everyone of being a Nazi is terrible.  Shame on you. 

I agree with you on this. Though there can be no denying the nazi flags being there. However I have yet to hear or see anyone taking action on those things. I can understand that it may have happened, but the fact that it wasn't a major part of their message (as in, make sure everyone, protestors or not, know that Nazi symbols etc are not welcome and will be met with aggression at the very least) is troubling to me.

19 minutes ago, Brandon said:

Super ignorant comment shame on you.      Seriously you make light of Nazis and throw that word on anything.            

Its as stupid as saying that anyone who voted for Trump is 100% racist/nazi/criminal horrible human.   If you think that way then I truly feel sorry for you.   

Their are some protesters there that are nazis, racists, wingnuts and there are protesters there that are concerned for their small businesses, livelihoods, or just general freedoms. To paint them all with the same brush is unfair. I just don't see the point in matching ignorance with ignorance. 

5 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

I agree with you on this. Though there can be no denying the nazi flags being there. However I have yet to hear or see anyone taking action on those things. I can understand that it may have happened, but the fact that it wasn't a major part of their message (as in, make sure everyone, protestors or not, know that Nazi symbols etc are not welcome and will be met with aggression at the very least) is troubling to me.

I agree. There is a tipping point to anyone's freedom of expression and no one should be able to fly nazi flags or racist banners etc. under the guise of protest. The governments have failed in that regard and the leaders of the protest have failed to control their message. That doesn't make them nazis though. Spineless...in the case of the government for sure....unprepared and unwilling to control their protest....yep....nazi....not so much. It's like saying I'm a Nazi if my neighbor down the street flies a swastika in his window and I don't take up arms to get him to take it down. I am sure the overwhelmingly vast majority of protesters are disgusted by this segment of the population that used this as an excuse to come out of the woodwork.

Edited by GCn20

13 minutes ago, Brandon said:

Super ignorant comment shame on you.      Seriously you make light of Nazis and throw that word on anything.            

Its as stupid as saying that anyone who voted for Trump is 100% racist/nazi/criminal horrible human.   If you think that way then I truly feel sorry for you.   

Good grief. First off, it's the other way around- not everyone who voted "trump is 100% racist/nazi/criminal horrible human", but every 100% racist/nazi/criminal horrible human voted for trump. if it appeals to these poeple, one should probably re-examine their moral compass.

I don't think calling a nazi sympathizer a nazi is making light of nazis- it underlines that there is NO PLACE where support that **** is acceptable.

2 minutes ago, WildPath said:

I don't see your point with this article. The title literally says "Omicron may be peaking but COVID-19 isn't done with us yet: Tam"

It says nothing about getting rid of vaccine or mask mandates. The quote you highlighted says the exact same thing I already said - that Tam said it is time to look at how to manage Covid in a sustainable way. I am curious at what she means by getting nearer normalcy, but it says nothing about getting rid of mask/vaccine mandates. I would be shocked to see Tam give the thumbs up to the reopening plans of Alberta/Sask and likely Manitoba.

Again, this is just Tam (your example). Here is an article where other experts say that it is too premature to open - Manitoba reopening plans initiated prematurely, say experts | CBC News.

She clearly says it's time to move on and look at different scenarios - for governments to plan on moving nearer to normalcy - back to what they were before the pandemic

I mentioned Dr. Tam because she has played the lead role for Canada, ever since the pandemic began

6 minutes ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

Good grief. First off, it's the other way around- not everyone who voted "trump is 100% racist/nazi/criminal horrible human", but every 100% racist/nazi/criminal horrible human voted for trump. if it appeals to these poeple, one should probably re-examine their moral compass.

I don't think calling a nazi sympathizer a nazi is making light of nazis- it underlines that there is NO PLACE where support that **** is acceptable.

You are suggesting that Trump made a conscious effort to attract nazis and racists? If he did then for sure there is no place for supporting him. However, if he did not and spoke out against nazism and racism you are making him guilty of something beyond his control. Same as the protesters. I don't agree with the blockade and I think it is ignorant. I will not, however, paint them as nazis because nazis chose to show up uninvited.

Edited by GCn20

4 minutes ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

Agreed ,  my main point was JCON was calling everyone a Nazi and my opinion is that no this is not true.   A small minority are legit Nazi sympathizers but most of them are just misguided fools.     

Why these misguided fools are not attacking the Nazi sympathizers,   maybe because they are cowards?  Maybe because they are sheep?   Maybe they are not self-aware?   Maybe they believe in people being allowed to speak their mind?  Most likely they don't want to create a fight?   No idea but I wouldn't call these other folks as people who want to wear SS uniforms and doing Hitler cosplay.

11 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

yeah, Brandon's point is legit. painting every protester as a nazi is incorrect and counterproductive.

Some of the organizers have some serious stink on them, though. Pat King is a piece of ****, if you're lining up behind him or beside him, you gotta ask yourself some questions.  Tamara Lich seems to have absconded with a bunch of GoFundMe money that's been completely unaccounted for.

Also note that the MOU that the original convoy organizers put forward has demanded that Parliament be replaced with a citizen's committee that would work with the Senate and the Governor General to instantly end all public health policies regarding to Covid.  That is uh not how this is going to work guys.

So yeah, I'm sure there's people there for whom the health restrictions have been a giant bummer, and who would have my sympathy. 

Unfortunately the people who are organizing them are various mixes of crazy, dangerous, and grifter.

Edited by johnzo

1 minute ago, Brandon said:

Agreed ,  my main point was JCON was calling everyone a Nazi and my opinion is that no this is not true.   A small minority are legit Nazi sympathizers but most of them are just misguided fools.     

Why these misguided fools are not attacking the Nazi sympathizers,   maybe because they are cowards?  Maybe because they are sheep?   Maybe they are not self-aware?   Maybe they believe in people being allowed to speak their mind?  Most likely they don't want to create a fight?   No idea but I wouldn't call these other folks as people who want to wear SS uniforms and doing Hitler cosplay.

I called the protesters nazis because their leaders are nazis. If you follow nazis, you're probably a nazi. You can try to justify it in any way you want but their stated goal is to overthrow the gov't and depose the leaders. I mean, you would have to try really, really hard not see exactly who they are. 

I'd hoped to see this opening done alot slower. Start with numbers per sq ft. Then  I guess the cards. Then finally masks. Maybe be all in by May or June. To this old farmer that would be the intelligent way to do it. The one thing I really don't want is to go back to full lockdown because we rushed it. A week or 2 ago they said they wanted to be open by spring. Now its a month ? In my mind this is being rushed due to the pressure from the Anti everything's. And that's wrong. Just like dealing with a bratty kid, you can't give in.

4 minutes ago, JCon said:

I called the protesters nazis because their leaders are nazis. If you follow nazis, you're probably a nazi. You can try to justify it in any way you want but their stated goal is to overthrow the gov't and depose the leaders. I mean, you would have to try really, really hard not see exactly who they are. 

Did you vote for Trudeau?   Can I call you a racist then since he donned the black face?

1 minute ago, Brandon said:

It shows how ridiculous his statement is.    

There were Nazi/Confederate/Gadsden/Trump flags being flown at the Covidiot Tantrum in Ottawa. None of that was really denounced by anyone spearheading the movement, much less apologized for or the like.

Trudeau wore blackface years before he held public office in any capacity, much less as prime minister. IIRC, he owned up to it and apologized.

So, no. It doesn't show anything, except for some deflective bad faith arguing on your part. The latter is irrelevant; the former is still happening as we speak.

29 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

You are suggesting that Trump made a conscious effort to attract nazis and racists?

Yeah. Yeah he did. It's not even a suggestion on my part.That is his ******* support base.

31 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

However, if he did not and spoke out against nazism and racism you are making him guilty of something beyond his control. 

Well... after Charlottesville he did support the white supremacists until the political backlash FORCED him to weakly denounce them... 

37 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

I will not, however, paint them as nazis because nazis chose to show up uninvited.

True, not all protesters are nazis. Many of the organizers of the protest have racist ties.

51 minutes ago, blue_gold_84 said:

There were Nazi/Confederate/Gadsden/Trump flags being flown at the Covidiot Tantrum in Ottawa. None of that was really denounced by anyone spearheading the movement, much less apologized for or the like.

Trudeau wore blackface years before he held public office in any capacity, much less as prime minister. IIRC, he owned up to it and apologized.

So, no. It doesn't show anything, except for some deflective bad faith arguing on your part. The latter is irrelevant; the former is still happening as we speak.

It shows that you and him are reaching very hard to make an argument that is it.   

I'm sorry if you guys live such miserable lives that you have so much hate that you believe everyone is a nazi.   I'm not a religious person but maybe you guys should go to church or find something in which will help remove the bitterness and hatred from within because the tunnel vision or close mindedness is extremely apparent. 

The point with Trudeau is that I can say he's a racist because what he did was in bad faith and his apologies years later was not made in good faith.  You have zero proof that I am incorrect therefore I can label anyone who voted Liberal as a racist.    Personally I don't think he is a racist but many people do so who is to say that these folks are wrong?    You make fun of me saying this but are completely oblivious at the fact that JCOn and I guess yourself are doing the EXACT same stretch of accusations by calling people Nazis.    

I feel sorry for you guys and hope that one day you can have an open mind and not tunnel in on the hate so much.    It's sad.  

Edited by Brandon

Why would anyone give a **** about any of these ppl when clearly they don't give a **** about you. The real pandemic is selfish pricks 

This **** is over likely months ago If people just got a needle to protect themselves and others but my freedom.  

Read the Facebook or social media comments.. this **** ain't about freedom. 

I don't know why ppl cave to these vocal minority fringe nazi funded groups. They are the problem not the solution.  

Take away their Healthcare and see what happens. Probably a better solution anyways. Alright no mandates but if you get sick and aren't vaxxed... hospitals won't help you. Since these are the people burdening the system after all 

Edited by Goalie

2 hours ago, JCon said:

The protestors may all be fairly despicable, but they're not all Nazi supporters, and the component who truly are, is only a fringe of the fringe.  Anyone stupid enough to march around in public with a Nazi flag in 2022, should be pitied, not feared.  They're desperately seeking attention and welcome any abuse they can garner.

I would encourage anyone interested in the Nazi threat to watch the documentary “Welcome to Leith”, the film illustrates how ordinary country folk that could be considered "redneck" deal with an attempt by a Nazi leader to take over a small town in North Dakota.  Even the rednecks hate Nazis!

16 minutes ago, Fatty Liver said:

The protestors may all be fairly despicable, but they're not all Nazi supporters, and the component who truly are, is only a fringe of the fringe.  Anyone stupid enough to march around in public with a Nazi flag in 2022, should be pitied, not feared.  They're desperately seeking attention and welcome any abuse they can garner.

I would encourage anyone interested in the Nazi threat to watch the documentary “Welcome to Leith”, the film illustrates how ordinary country folk that could be considered "redneck" deal with an attempt by a Nazi leader to take over a small town in North Dakota.  Even the rednecks hate Nazis!

Look I get that calling them all nazis is hyperbole. Some are just smart enough to know that they're being manipulated and radicalized. 

However, it's telling when people come to their defence without condemning them.