Covid-19

JCon

12 minutes ago, Wideleft said:

There's a lot of drug-addled rockers who don't go off on racist tirades.

Don't let him off so easy.

made even worse, his original rise was borrowing/copying  black music in a blues band, (john mayall)  then cream (crossroads, spoonful) then had a big hit playing a Bob Marley tune.

he can do a double header with ted nugent now.

Edited by Mark F

16 hours ago, Tracker said:

Eric Clapton Pushes Bogus Theory Vaxxed People Are Under ‘Hypnosis‘

In a YouTube interview with “The Real Music Observer,” Eric Clapton spouted a discredited theory that’s made the rounds in anti-vaxx circles, claiming people have been getting the COVID vaccine because of “mass formation hypnosis.” The nonsense theory posits that people only get vaccinated because they’ve been hypnotized through “subliminal advertising.” As reported by the Daily Mail, Clapton said he became a vaccine skeptic after experiencing severe side effects from his AstraZeneca COVID treatment. “I should never have gone near the needle,” Clapton said. “But the propaganda said the vaccine was safe for everyone.” The 76-year-old musician also discussed his 2020 anti-lockdown song, “Stand And Deliver,” which is a collaboration with Van Morrison. The anti-lockdown song includes the lines: “Is this a sovereign nation "

Eric Clapton Pushes Bogus Theory Vaxxed People Are Under ‘Hypnosis‘ (thedailybeast.com)

(This is your brain on drugs)

Just to pile on here, is it really the drugs that turned EC dumb or did it just bring out the true colors in this imbecile?

NCIS’ Actor Who Decried Vaccine Dies of COVID Complications

Vachik Mangassarian, a veteran character actor known for his roles on NCIS, Curb Your Enthusiasm, and Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. has died at the age of 78 from COVID-19 complications. Representatives for Mangassarian confirmed to The Hollywood Reporter that he passed away in Burbank, California.

The Iran-born Armenian star moved to the U.S. at age 23 and landed his first Hollywood role in 1978. In the decades since, he held a slew of roles, starring as the architect Qasim Zaghlul in Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D and guest starring on Curb Your Enthusiasm. More recently, he appeared on NCIS: Los Angeles.

In the months before his death, Mangassarian had frequently expressed his opposition to COVID-19 vaccines and veered into truther territory, posting memes to Facebook that suggested the pandemic was part of a grand conspiracy.

In one post from September 2021, the actor posted a photo of a parody news report saying that “millions test positive for Sheeple 19.”

In another post a month later, he posted a photo of a billboard stating that, “I am more afraid of a Democrat in the White House than I am of COVID-19.” In early November, he made his stance on vaccines clear with an image of President Joe Biden altered to show a syringe poking into his behind, along with the caption, “Here’s what you can do with my dose Joe Let’s Go Brandon.”

It was not immediately clear if Mangassarian himself had been vaccinated in order to work on the set of his latest film, Moving On, where he had a supporting role amid Jane Fonda and Lily Tomlin. Representatives for the actor did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

Vachik Mangassarian, ‘NCIS’ Actor Who Decried Vaccine, Dies of COVID Complications (thedailybeast.com)

1 hour ago, HardCoreBlue said:

Just to pile on here, is it really the drugs that turned EC dumb or did it just bring out the true colors in this imbecile?

Some drugs (like alcohol) are disinhibitors, and the inappropriate stuff in our heads that we (rightfully for the most part) suppress falls out of our mouths.

Young Father Denied Heart Transplant Because He Refuses to Get COVID Vaccine

A 31-year-old father in need of a heart transplant has been bumped from the transplant list at Brigham and Women’s Hospital because he won’t get vaccinated against COVID-19, CBS Boston reports. “It’s kind of against his basic principles—he doesn’t believe in it,” David Ferguson told the news outlet of his son, DJ Ferguson. The father of two was at the top of the transplant list until he was removed over his vaccination status, his father said. It was not immediately clear why he was in need of a heart transplant. The hospital released a statement explaining that the vaccine requirement is standard policy, as the jab creates “both the best chance for a successful operation and also the patient’s survival after transplantation.” Arthur Caplan, the head of Medical Ethics at NYU Grossman School of Medicine, put it more simply: “Post any transplant, kidney, heart whatever, your immune system is shut off. The flu could kill you, a cold could kill you, COVID could kill you. The organs are scarce, we are not going to distribute them to someone who has a poor chance of living when others who are vaccinated have a better chance post-surgery of surviving.”

Young Father Denied Heart Transplant Because He Refuses to Get COVID Vaccine (thedailybeast.com)

(I suppose this was inevitable and has probably happened already without announcement. But it is tragic and very very stupid)

10 minutes ago, JCon said:

Goes against his principles? Yet, will take a heart transplant? Truly the stupidest people. 

It's one thing to turn down all medical treatment but to pick and choose certain treatments over "principles"? What sort of cocktail of medicine do you think you need to take for your body to accept a heart? 

On 2022-01-14 at 8:36 AM, Mark F said:

time to put an end to the stupidity.

https://toronto.ctvnews.ca/ontario-woman-with-stage-4-colon-cancer-has-life-saving-surgery-postponed-indefinitely-1.573911

30-year-old Ontario woman diagnosed with Stage 4 colon cancer has had her surgery postponed indefinitely and says it could be too late to save her if the procedure keeps getting pushed back.

In an e-mail viewed by CTV News Toronto, a representative from Mount Sinai Hospital told Di Maria her surgery was cancelled because of "the situation with COVID-19" and that "everything is getting cancelled at this point."

not vaccinated? go to the end of the line.

So much for universal health care. Man, i would love to see a class action lawsuit on behalf of people who died or had surgeries postponed in the billions for all provinces & Ottawa. Politicians like Kenney, Moe & Ford who cut healthcare should be financially be responsible. They & their governments should pay.... financially. 

1 hour ago, Tracker said:

A 31-year-old father in need of a heart transplant has been bumped from the transplant list at Brigham and Women’s Hospital because he won’t get vaccinated against COVID-19, CBS Boston reports. “It’s kind of against his basic principles—he doesn’t believe in it,” David Ferguson told the news outlet of his son, DJ Ferguson. The father of two was at the top of the transplant list until he was removed over his vaccination status, his father said. It was not immediately clear why he was in need of a heart transplant. The hospital released a statement explaining that the vaccine requirement is standard policy, as the jab creates “both the best chance for a successful operation and also the patient’s survival after transplantation.” Arthur Caplan, the head of Medical Ethics at NYU Grossman School of Medicine, put it more simply: “Post any transplant, kidney, heart whatever, your immune system is shut off. The flu could kill you, a cold could kill you, COVID could kill you. The organs are scarce, we are not going to distribute them to someone who has a poor chance of living when others who are vaccinated have a better chance post-surgery of surviving.”

Young Father Denied Heart Transplant Because He Refuses to Get COVID Vaccine (thedailybeast.com)

(I suppose this was inevitable and has probably happened already without announcement. But it is tragic and very very stupid)

Not tragic at all. It's just plain stupid. Selfish prick won't ever watch his kids grow up. I sympathize with the family unless they're all like him. I certainly don't sympathize with the guy at all. 

2 hours ago, Tracker said:

NCIS’ Actor Who Decried Vaccine Dies of COVID Complications

Vachik Mangassarian, a veteran character actor known for his roles on NCIS, Curb Your Enthusiasm, and Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D. has died at the age of 78 from COVID-19 complications. Representatives for Mangassarian confirmed to The Hollywood Reporter that he passed away in Burbank, California.

The Iran-born Armenian star moved to the U.S. at age 23 and landed his first Hollywood role in 1978. In the decades since, he held a slew of roles, starring as the architect Qasim Zaghlul in Marvel’s Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D and guest starring on Curb Your Enthusiasm. More recently, he appeared on NCIS: Los Angeles.

In the months before his death, Mangassarian had frequently expressed his opposition to COVID-19 vaccines and veered into truther territory, posting memes to Facebook that suggested the pandemic was part of a grand conspiracy.

In one post from September 2021, the actor posted a photo of a parody news report saying that “millions test positive for Sheeple 19.”

In another post a month later, he posted a photo of a billboard stating that, “I am more afraid of a Democrat in the White House than I am of COVID-19.” In early November, he made his stance on vaccines clear with an image of President Joe Biden altered to show a syringe poking into his behind, along with the caption, “Here’s what you can do with my dose Joe Let’s Go Brandon.”

It was not immediately clear if Mangassarian himself had been vaccinated in order to work on the set of his latest film, Moving On, where he had a supporting role amid Jane Fonda and Lily Tomlin. Representatives for the actor did not immediately respond to a request for comment.

Vachik Mangassarian, ‘NCIS’ Actor Who Decried Vaccine, Dies of COVID Complications (thedailybeast.com)

Some drugs (like alcohol) are disinhibitors, and the inappropriate stuff in our heads that we (rightfully for the most part) suppress falls out of our mouths.

Yea I know I get it but regardless some people are hardwired as a holes disinhibitors or not.

As I said a few pages back, vaccine status does (at least in some jurisdictions) change prioritization for transplants. If the doctors judge that not being vaccinated will harm the chance of survival of a patient - then someone who will have better survivability should get priority - especially if it is something that is readily accessible and a matter of making a decision (a vaccine).

If the patient overrules the doctor and decides they understand medicine better, then they have the consequences - unfortunately the family and others that rely on this father will be impacted unjustly. Fortunately, someone who is willing to accept doctors understand medicine better will receive the heart.

Ironic that an act of selfishness can turn into a selfless act by providing the heart to someone else in need 🤔

39 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

So much for universal health care. Man, i would love to see a class action lawsuit on behalf of people who died or had surgeries postponed in the billions for all provinces & Ottawa. Politicians like Kenney, Moe & Ford who cut healthcare should be financially be responsible. They & their governments should pay.... financially. 

Not tragic at all. It's just plain stupid. Selfish prick won't ever watch his kids grow up. I sympathize with the family unless they're all like him. I certainly don't sympathize with the guy at all. 

The tragedy I was referring to was the ordeal waiting for his soon-to-be widow and the children involved. Kids growing up without a Dad do suffer for that., and widows typically suffer financial as well as emotional hardship. For her, I cannot imagine the inner turmoil she is going through from the realization that her partner chose to die rather than get a minute jab and live with her and the kids.

Edited by Tracker

Pfizer Begins Clinical Trial For Omicron-Targeting Vaccine

Pfizer has begun a study comparing its original COVID-19 vaccine with doses specially tweaked to match the hugely contagious omicron variant.  Pfizer and its partner BioNTech announced the study on Tuesday.

COVID-19 vaccine-makers have been updating their shots to better match omicron in case global health authorities decide the change is needed.

Omicron is more likely than previous variants to cause infection even in people who’ve been vaccinated, but it’s not yet clear that a change to the vaccine recipe will be ordered. Among the issues regulators are weighing: Some of the first places to face an omicron surge already are seeing the mutant wane — and there’s no way to know if the next variant that arises will resemble omicron or be totally different.

The original vaccines still offer good protection against severe illness and death. Studies in the U.S. and elsewhere have made clear that adding a booster dose strengthens that protection and improves the chances of avoiding a milder infection.

“We recognize the need to be prepared in the event this protection wanes over time and to potentially help address omicron and new variants in the future,” Kathrin Jansen, Pfizer’s vaccine research chief, said in a statement.

Pfizer Begins Clinical Trial For Omicron-Targeting Vaccine | HuffPost null

1 hour ago, WildPath said:

Ironic that an act of selfishness can turn into a selfless act by providing the heart to someone else in need 🤔

There was nothing selfless in his actions... he didn't give up the heart to someone else- he was denied the heart because of his selfishness. 

Sorry to knit-pick, I just wanted to point that out.

1 hour ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

There was nothing selfless in his actions... he didn't give up the heart to someone else- he was denied the heart because of his selfishness. 

Sorry to knit-pick, I just wanted to point that out.

Agreed. I was meaning it more that even though he is being a selfish jerk, it worked out that someone else was helped through the situation.

2 hours ago, Tracker said:

Pfizer Begins Clinical Trial For Omicron-Targeting Vaccine

Pfizer has begun a study comparing its original COVID-19 vaccine with doses specially tweaked to match the hugely contagious omicron variant.  Pfizer and its partner BioNTech announced the study on Tuesday.

COVID-19 vaccine-makers have been updating their shots to better match omicron in case global health authorities decide the change is needed.

Omicron is more likely than previous variants to cause infection even in people who’ve been vaccinated, but it’s not yet clear that a change to the vaccine recipe will be ordered. Among the issues regulators are weighing: Some of the first places to face an omicron surge already are seeing the mutant wane — and there’s no way to know if the next variant that arises will resemble omicron or be totally different.

The original vaccines still offer good protection against severe illness and death. Studies in the U.S. and elsewhere have made clear that adding a booster dose strengthens that protection and improves the chances of avoiding a milder infection.

“We recognize the need to be prepared in the event this protection wanes over time and to potentially help address omicron and new variants in the future,” Kathrin Jansen, Pfizer’s vaccine research chief, said in a statement.

Pfizer Begins Clinical Trial For Omicron-Targeting Vaccine | HuffPost null

China...yoink!

Elton John Tests Positive For COVID, Postpones Farewell Tour

A positive COVID-19 test has forced Elton John to postpone at least two shows in Dallas, where he was scheduled to perform Tuesday and Wednesday nights.

“Hi everyone, wanted to send a message to let you know that I have contracted COVID and so have had to reschedule my shows in Dallas,” John told his fans on Instagram.

“If you have tickets, you’ll be contacted with the new dates really soon. It’s always a massive disappointment to move shows and I’m so sorry to anyone who’s been inconvenienced by this but I want to keep myself and my team safe.”

The 74-year-old rock legend added that he’s vaccinated, boosted and only experiencing mild symptoms, and expressed optimism he’ll be able to pick back up this weekend for a show in Little Rock, Arkansas.

Elton John Tests Positive For COVID, Postpones Farewell Tour

A positive COVID-19 test has forced Elton John to postpone at least two shows in Dallas, where he was scheduled to perform Tuesday and Wednesday nights.

“Hi everyone, wanted to send a message to let you know that I have contracted COVID and so have had to reschedule my shows in Dallas,” John told his fans on Instagram.

“If you have tickets, you’ll be contacted with the new dates really soon. It’s always a massive disappointment to move shows and I’m so sorry to anyone who’s been inconvenienced by this but I want to keep myself and my team safe.”

The 74-year-old rock legend added that he’s vaccinated, boosted and only experiencing mild symptoms, and expressed optimism he’ll be able to pick back up this weekend for a show in Little Rock, Arkansas.

After surviving being kidnapped by Poppy in Kingsman: The Golden Circle & being forced to perform in a parrot costume, this happens. Seriously, all the best to Sir Elton & hope it isn't serious. 

1 hour ago, Goalie said:

Eric Clapton was the guy who wrote that song about his dead son who he pushed off a balcony for inspiration right? Yeah 

**** that guy 

He never murdered his son. He fell off the balcony when the sliding door was accidentally left open by the maid in the kid's mom's high rise condo in New York. Clapton & his wife were separated at the time. He wasn't even there. Holy ****. Gonna post that on social media or just leave that stinky nugget here?

19 hours ago, JCon said:

It's one thing to turn down all medical treatment but to pick and choose certain treatments over "principles"? What sort of cocktail of medicine do you think you need to take for your body to accept a heart? 

Seriously,  my neighbor is a antivaxer and is currently taking cancer treatments. His wife ,also unvaccinated,  has a life-long auto-immune disease and will be on a host of different drugs extending her life.  It leaves me speechless at times.

Bolsonaro’s Far-Right Guru Who Dismissed ‘Moronavirus’ Pandemic Dies of COVID
-Reuters
Brazil’s far-right President Jair Bolsonaro has declared a national day of mourning after his COVID-denying mentor died of the virus. Olavo de Carvalho, 74, was a longtime right-wing crusader in Brazil who was crucial in Bolsonaro’s shock rise to power in the 2018 presidential election. Carvalho’s relatives announced his death Monday, but didn’t say how he died. However, his estranged daughter, Heloísa de Carvalho, revealed Tuesday that her dad died from COVID-19. He had spent the pandemic playing down the severity of the virus, dismissing it as the “moronavirus” and writing in a tweet in May 2020: “The fear of a supposedly deadly virus is nothing more than a little horror story designed to scare the population and make them accept slavery as they would a present from Father Christmas.” In a mournful statement, Bolsonaro described his mentor as “one of the greatest thinkers in our country’s history.”

3 hours ago, the watcher said:

Seriously,  my neighbor is a antivaxer and is currently taking cancer treatments. His wife ,also unvaccinated,  has a life-long auto-immune disease and will be on a host of different drugs extending her life.  It leaves me speechless at times.

These ‘pro choice medical treatment’ people need to be full court pressed on social responsibility. Having to educate an adult on this is mind boggling. There are so many other things mandated in society that allows these same people to live in a environment free of inappropriate behaviour that directly impacts them.

57 minutes ago, HardCoreBlue said:

These ‘pro choice medical treatment’ people need to be full court pressed on social responsibility. Having to educate an adult on this is mind boggling. There are so many other things mandated in society that allows these same people to live in a environment free of inappropriate behaviour that directly impacts them.

To repeat myself, it will take a couple of prosecutions and conviction for criminal negligence causing harm/death for the cretins to wake up.

57 minutes ago, HardCoreBlue said:

To repeat myself, it will take a couple of prosecutions and conviction for criminal negligence causing harm/death for the cretins to wake up.