Covid-19

JCon

De facto triage protocols have been in place forever, but these have largely been restricted to ERs and EMT attendance on scene. Don't kid yourselves that hospital administrators have not discussed and  are ready to implement treatment priorities on the basis of best survivability. No doubt they do not want this to become public knowledge for fear of provoking fear and outrage. 

https://thehill.com/changing-america/well-being/prevention-cures/589262-new-study-says-air-knocks-down-covid-19

New research found that after COVID-19 becomes airborne, the virus loses infectivity by 50 to 60 percent within seconds.

Researchers said the temperature of the air didn’t make any difference in how infectious the virus was, which contradicts previous theories that COVID-19 doesn’t spread as easily in higher temperatures. 

Never mind higher temperatures, I wonder what happens when the virus hits a temperature of -30C or so.

10 hours ago, Fred C Dobbs said:

https://thehill.com/changing-america/well-being/prevention-cures/589262-new-study-says-air-knocks-down-covid-19

Never mind higher temperatures, I wonder what happens when the virus hits a temperature of -30C or so.

It does what we all do. It takes a peek outside and goes back in to watch Netflix. 

‘GOLDEN NECTAR’ The Alex Jones Pal Behind The Urine-Drinking COVID ‘Cure’

An infamous anti-vaxxer drew mockery by touting urine as a COVID cure. He got the idea from Infowars’ fave chiropractor, who claims drinking pee can also ward off HIV and cancer.
Earlier this week, the anti-vax “Vaccine Police” leader Christopher Paul Key, who set out on a road trip seeking to conduct citizen’s arrests of Democratic governors and was arrested for criminal trespass, urged his followers to swear off COVID-19 inoculation and to instead drink their own urine as a cure.

As it turns out, the anti-vaccine activist got that unscientific medical advice from Dr. Edward Group, a chiropractor who is a pal of Alex Jones, and who sells online coursework for learning the benefits of drinking the “golden nectar.”

Key said in a video posted on Telegram, a platform favored by the far right, last weekend that the COVID-19 vaccine “is the worst bioweapon I have ever seen.” Instead, he told followers, “The antidote that we have seen now, and we have tons and tons of research, is urine therapy. OK, and I know to a lot of you this sounds crazy, but guys, God’s given us everything we need.”

He proudly declared: “I drink my own urine!”

In a subsequent conversation with The Daily Beast, Key identified Group as his guru on drinking piss. The anti-vaccine activist said he spoke with Group after getting out of jail for his trespassing charges, and “he told me that he and his team have been looking over those who have been vaccinated and taken the jab, and they have anecdotal evidence of blood clots totally disappearing from using urine therapy.”

The Alex Jones Pal Behind the Anti-Vaccine Right’s Urine Drinking COVID ‘Cure’ (thedailybeast.com)

Group is a Houston-based, self-styled “natural health” expert whose dubious credentials and connection to Alex Jones were explored in a 2017 torching by HBO’s John Oliver. In that segment, Oliver revealed how Group—who reportedly has a chiropractic certification but no undergraduate degrees—frequently appeared in ads touting InfoWars supplements on behalf of Jones, in one clip claiming the far-right conspiracy website’s health products could ward off any number of ailments, including the “mass amount of parasites or harmful organisms” he claimed were carried by refugees.

On 2022-01-13 at 9:18 AM, Tracker said:

Unhinged Candace Owens Pushes Vaccine Conspiracy About Bob Saget’s Death

Far-right troll Candace Owens baselessly suggested on Tuesday that beloved comedian Bob Saget may have suddenly died last week because he was vaccinated against COVID-19, adding that she has “a right to ask the question.”

Saget, best known for his lead role on Full House, was found dead last week in an Orlando hotel room. Local authorities have said they “found no signs of foul play or drug use in this case,” and that the 65-year-old actor appeared to have died in his sleep. As of now, the cause of death is still unknown, and results from a final autopsy could take three months.

Nevertheless, as one of conservative media’s loudest anti-vaxxers, Owens decided to use Saget’s tragic death to yet again peddle conspiracy theories about the coronavirus vaccines, which have been proven to be overwhelmingly safe and effective.

During the Tuesday night broadcast of her self-titled online talk show, in a segment first flagged by Media Matters, Owens rhetorically asked whether she was a “conspiracy theorist” or “Nostradamus” when it came to denouncing vaccines as dangerous and ineffective. (Candace is produced and published by The Daily Wire, the Ben Shapiro-centric outlet founded by Ben Shapiro.)

“The answer is neither,” she exclaimed. “I’m just not on Big Pharma’s payroll and I refuse to peddle in their lies. And so to that end, today, I’m going to point out another truth and it will likely be deemed a conspiracy theory until it’s not.”

From there she immediately tied Saget’s death to the fact that he was vaccinated and had received his booster shot.

“There are too many healthy individuals, like Bob Saget, who we know have received their vaccinations, who are dropping dead, suddenly and unexpectedly with no further explanation,” Owens proclaimed. “Healthy athletes, young students in their physical prime—the majority of them males—dropping dead suddenly and unexpectedly in the middle of games from heart issues. What we know for a fact is that these people are being mandated to take the vaccine.”

Candace Owens Pushes Unhinged Vax Conspiracy About Bob Saget’s Death (thedailybeast.com)

Isn't this like saying seatbelts kill you sheep (although there is a mountain of evidence that clearly shows seatbelts save lives), stop making seatbelts mandatory because my uncle's sister's friend's cousin knew somebody who drowned because their seatbelt malfunctioned and as a result couldn't get their seatbelt off in time to get out of their car that plunged into a riverbank.

Deported from Australia to potentially being barred in France: https://www.reuters.com/lifestyle/sports/no-vaccine-no-french-open-djokovic-says-french-sports-ministry-2022-01-17/

PARIS, Jan 17 (Reuters) - Novak Djokovic could be barred from playing in the French Open as things stand now after the Sports Ministry said on Monday there would be no exemption from France's new vaccine pass law.

World number one Djokovic, who has not been vaccinated against COVID-19, was deported from Australia on Sunday before the first Grand Slam tournament of the year after losing a court case to have the cancellation of his visa overturned.

France's vaccine pass law, approved by parliament on Sunday, will require people to have a certificate of vaccination to enter public places such as restaurants, cafes, cinemas and long-distance trains.

"The rule is simple. The vaccine pass will be imposed, as soon as the law is promulgated, in establishments that were already subject to the health pass," the ministry said.

"This will apply to everyone who is a spectator or a professional sportsperson. And this until further notice.

"Now, as far as Roland Garros is concerned, it's in May. The situation may change between now and then and we hope that it will be more favourable. So we'll see, but clearly there's no exemption."

Serbian Djokovic, who was barred from bidding to win a record 21st Grand Slam title at the Australian Open, has refused to vaccinate and was criticised for attending public events last month after testing positive for the coronavirus.

All those titles but still a loser.

1 minute ago, blue_gold_84 said:

Deported from Australia to potentially being barred in France: https://www.reuters.com/lifestyle/sports/no-vaccine-no-french-open-djokovic-says-french-sports-ministry-2022-01-17/

All those titles but still a loser.

Won't be able to compete at US open either all professional athletes competing in NY city must be vaccinated.

22 hours ago, HardCoreBlue said:

Isn't this like saying seatbelts kill you sheep (although there is a mountain of evidence that clearly shows seatbelts save lives), stop making seatbelts mandatory because my uncle's sister's friend's cousin knew somebody who drowned because their seatbelt malfunctioned and as a result couldn't get their seatbelt off in time to get out of their car that plunged into a riverbank.

Candace Owens is literally an idiot who talks in circles, but will push the envelope and appeal to "I'm not racist I have a black co-worker" types. Her opinion on literally everything except how to gargle right wing throw up, should be ignored.

6 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

Candace Owens is literally an idiot who talks in circles, but will push the envelope and appeal to "I'm not racist I have a black co-worker" types. Her opinion on literally everything except how to gargle right wing throw up, should be ignored.

Apparently there is a huge demand for dumbness, stupidity, drivel that is being supplied by certain people and as a result they are making gobs of money.

Novak Djokovic Deported to Southern Manitoba

Controversial tennis star Novak Djokovic was given a one-way ticket out of Australia this week and has selected a dairy farm south of Winkler as “the only place I really feel at home.”

“I’m not so keen on the suspenders and **** kicker boots,” said Djokovic, “and I’m going to have to brush up on my Plautdietsch, but when it comes to defying public health orders I think I’ll fit right in.”

Djokovic had also considered fleeing in exile to conservative Mennonite colonies in Paraguay or Brazil, but ultimately decided a shed church near Hofnungschanzenhimmelsfeld, Manitoba was the best fit for him.

“They’ve even got a ping pong table set up in the youth room out back,” said Djokovic. “I’m also hoping to be the world number one ranked Uno player by the end of the year.”

Djokovic was quickly signed up to teach Sunday school and has also been put on the Sunday morning sermon schedule, as he was considered the most theologically-trained individual the church had in their pulpit rotation.

(Figures-)

In local covidiot news: https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manitoba/manitoba-truckers-vaccine-protest-international-border-1.6317604

Dozens of Manitoba truckers are parading their vehicles up and down Highway 75 near the international border to protest vaccine mandates, particularly those impacting their jobs.

As of Jan. 15, new federal rules mandate that Canadian truck drivers returning from the U.S have to quarantine if they're not vaccinated. An American mandate will begin on Jan. 22, stating all drivers heading into the U.S. must also be vaccinated.

And of course, there's a Trump flag being flown:

trucker-vaccine-protest.jpg

Just now, blue_gold_84 said:

In local covidiot news: https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manitoba/manitoba-truckers-vaccine-protest-international-border-1.6317604

Well I guess Trump will be our President when the US invades Canada 🤣, seriously this world especially North America has been infected by stupidity and social media is a big backer of these imbeciles.

4 minutes ago, blue_gold_84 said:

Someone should walk up to the vehicle and say to the driver “Glad to see you support ANTIFA”. Would anger and then confuse the hell out of them. 

2 hours ago, bustamente said:

Well I guess Trump will be our President when the US invades Canada 🤣, seriously this world especially North America has been infected by stupidity and social media is a big backer of these imbeciles.

Wait'll those truckers figure out how much money they are lining Trudeau's pockets with on commie carbon taxes by wasting all that fuel driving around pointlessly. 😄

On 2022-01-16 at 11:06 AM, Tracker said:

‘GOLDEN NECTAR’ The Alex Jones Pal Behind The Urine-Drinking COVID ‘Cure’

An infamous anti-vaxxer drew mockery by touting urine as a COVID cure. He got the idea from Infowars’ fave chiropractor, who claims drinking pee can also ward off HIV and cancer.
Earlier this week, the anti-vax “Vaccine Police” leader Christopher Paul Key, who set out on a road trip seeking to conduct citizen’s arrests of Democratic governors and was arrested for criminal trespass, urged his followers to swear off COVID-19 inoculation and to instead drink their own urine as a cure.

As it turns out, the anti-vaccine activist got that unscientific medical advice from Dr. Edward Group, a chiropractor who is a pal of Alex Jones, and who sells online coursework for learning the benefits of drinking the “golden nectar.”

Key said in a video posted on Telegram, a platform favored by the far right, last weekend that the COVID-19 vaccine “is the worst bioweapon I have ever seen.” Instead, he told followers, “The antidote that we have seen now, and we have tons and tons of research, is urine therapy. OK, and I know to a lot of you this sounds crazy, but guys, God’s given us everything we need.”

He proudly declared: “I drink my own urine!”

In a subsequent conversation with The Daily Beast, Key identified Group as his guru on drinking piss. The anti-vaccine activist said he spoke with Group after getting out of jail for his trespassing charges, and “he told me that he and his team have been looking over those who have been vaccinated and taken the jab, and they have anecdotal evidence of blood clots totally disappearing from using urine therapy.”

The Alex Jones Pal Behind the Anti-Vaccine Right’s Urine Drinking COVID ‘Cure’ (thedailybeast.com)

Group is a Houston-based, self-styled “natural health” expert whose dubious credentials and connection to Alex Jones were explored in a 2017 torching by HBO’s John Oliver. In that segment, Oliver revealed how Group—who reportedly has a chiropractic certification but no undergraduate degrees—frequently appeared in ads touting InfoWars supplements on behalf of Jones, in one clip claiming the far-right conspiracy website’s health products could ward off any number of ailments, including the “mass amount of parasites or harmful organisms” he claimed were carried by refugees.

All I can picture is a bunch of idiots sitting around a table with a discussion like this :

Idiot 1 - " We can make these punters do anything we want." 

Other idiots -  "Well, almost anything."

Idiot 1 - "Anything ! Watch this , I can make them drink their own piss "

Everyone laughs

Honestly we really are better off if Covid culls the herd a bit. Unfortunately many responsible intelligent others suffer as well.

Edited by the watcher

Well now I have to share news that I was hoping I would never have to share during the pandemic, but sadly I have to, My Uncle Herold, who had been suffering from COPD and most recently COVID has passed away. What's worse is the funeral planning might be complicated considering that my dad is the 4th of 12 siblings (one uncle already deceased from cancer 16 years ago) so chances are if somethin does get planned I'll likely be watching it virtually. I've had enough of this virus.

Edited by iHeart