Covid-19

JCon

54 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

I actually agree with you on this. I came across this study and asked a few doctors/skeptics/chemists etc about it. First their dealing with CBDA and CBGA which are essentially not available to the public in anyway right now. And 2nd the dose a person would need to take/product they would need to consume makes this finding laughable (in the words of the chemist I spoke with). 

Like many studies involving cannabis, the articles written about it makes the study look like it's a miracle. But when you read the actual study and discuss it with experts it's nothing more than click bait.

Unfortunately this study is nothing but click bait.

Of course it's click bait. That pretty much describes 95% of today's media unfortunately.

1 minute ago, JCon said:

This is all I've seen.

Oh geez....what now? Can this get any worse at this point. I suppose it could but I wish people would just get jabbed so that we could put this epic fiasco behind us. All this pandemic has shown is just how unprepared the world was for a pandemic.

5 minutes ago, JCon said:

Gov't has quit. You're on your own. 

Felt so much like Steffanson took a page out of Kenney's playbook. The world burning and it's "you just have to learn to live with it" and "financial health is as important as physical and mental health". Absolutely sickening (ironically).

3 minutes ago, bustamente said:

Daily cases don't mean anything anymore especially with all the rapid tests that are going to flood the market

I agree. I was referring to hospitalization/ICU numbers that seem to be being ignored. They're getting called out on this now.

3 minutes ago, bustamente said:

I just wish we didn't have a Health Minister, at this point. She's so useless she's harming the system more. 

I can't imagine what her briefings are like. I have sat across the table from some pretty clueless Ministers and she would rank right up there. Of course the Ministers I briefed had much less significant portfolios. 

26 minutes ago, JCon said:

Gov't has quit. You're on your own. 

Repeatedly pressed if public health has suggested any new restrictions - Stefanson -  dodge the question and then say that they talk to a wide variety of different organizations that throw around different ideas.

Health Minister Gordon - Places are making things safer by putting up plexiglass and ensuring santization. - Our health minister clearly has not been paying attention to research from the last year on how Covid spreads.

"It is up to Manitobans to defend themselves"  - Heather Stefanson

It's time for Manitobans to receive a tax refund equal to the pay of Stefanson and Gordon.

Edited by WildPath

I think the most annoying thing that I keep hearing from them is when they pat themselves on the back about how we've had the "strictest measures in place for the as long as we have".  At the end of the day, I don't care that you've put a bunch of restrictions in if a bunch of people aren't following the restrictions and not being punished for it.  Enforcement needs to be ramped up and it has to have some teeth behind it (ie. actual collection of fines and such).

24 minutes ago, JCon said:

I just wish we didn't have a Health Minister, at this point. She's so useless she's harming the system more. 

I can't imagine what her briefings are like. I have sat across the table from some pretty clueless Ministers and she would rank right up there. Of course the Ministers I briefed had much less significant portfolios. 

What we are seeing in the appointment of the current Minister of Health is an analogous to what the federal PCs following the debacles of the Mulroney era when they saw themselves losing in a landslide. They appointed a female PM hoping that anyone who dared criticize the party and her, by extension could be labeled as anti-feminist.  Ms. Gordon is taking bullets for the team but also seems very ill-fitted for her post, so the provincial PCs can intimate that anyone criticizing the Department of Health's fatalistic and ineffective responses is anti-feminist and perhaps even racist.

6 minutes ago, Tracker said:

What we are seeing in the appointment of the current Minister of Health is an analogous to what the federal PCs following the debacles of the Mulroney era when they saw themselves losing in a landslide. They appointed a female PM hoping that anyone who dared criticize the party and her, by extension could be labeled as anti-feminist.  Ms. Gordon is taking bullets for the team but also seems very ill-fitted for her post, so the provincial PCs can intimate that anyone criticizing the Department of Health's fatalistic and ineffective responses is anti-feminist and perhaps even racist.

I've seen no evidence of them playing the anti-feminist and racist cards, but she definitely is ill-fitted for the position. She is a member of Spring Church/Cult, who give out vax-exemption cards, sue the government for restrictions and continually try to defy any measures to try to contain and reduce the harm of Covid. She's personally been at the centre of at least two controversies where she is defying restrictions. I just watched the movie 'Don't Look Up' and I'm seeing some interesting parallels.