Covid-19

JCon

With new Omicron variant looming, Republicans are now bribing people to avoid vaccination-Republicans move beyond just spreading anti-vaccine conspiracy theories to paying people not to vaccinate

Little is known at this point about the Omicron variant of COVID-19 that is causing worldwide panic and last week's stock market crash — except that it's a reminder of the importance of people getting vaccinated. Vaccination can help prevent such variants from evolving in the first place, and vaccinated people are probably still much safer than unvaccinated people in the face of the variant. As President Joe Biden's office told the press, his top infectious disease advisor, Dr. Anthony Fauci "continues to believe that existing vaccines are likely to provide a degree of protection against severe cases of Covid." 

Vaccines save lives and are the best path forward to ending the pandemic and returning to normal. Despite this — or really, because of this — Republicans not only continue to sabotage efforts by the Biden administration to get the public vaccinated, but are doubling down on the sabotage.

As Axios reported Monday morning, the concerted efforts to keep shots from going in arms have escalated in red states, with Republican politicians now openly bribing constituents not to get vaccinated. "Republican officials around the country are testing a creative mechanism to build loyalty with unvaccinated Americans while undermining Biden administration mandates: unemployment benefits," the short piece explains. "Florida, Iowa, Kansas and Tennessee have changed their unemployment insurance rules to allow workers who are fired or quit over vaccine mandates to receive benefits."

Since early spring, a number of commentators — including myself — have been pointing out that Republican politicians and media are deliberately undermining Biden's pandemic response by convincing their base to reject the vaccines. The reason isn't particularly mysterious. Republicans understand that if death rates remain high, the economic recovery remains stagnant, and unpleasant mitigation measures like mask mandates and school shutdowns continue into 2022, a pandemic-weary public is going to start blaming the guy in charge for not doing more to fix the situation. 

With new Omicron variant looming, Republicans are now bribing people to avoid vaccination | Salon.com

I was speaking to a former colleague at Boundary Trails Health Center in Winkler and things are getting dire there. Doctors are receiving threats and death threats almost daily, their cars are being vandalized and the fear among staff there is such that the doctors have been told to not mention or recommend vaccination to patients, Many staff there are looking to leave as soon as they can, fearing that a violent incident is inevitable.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/edmonton/falsified-covid19-documents-cbsa-1.6266686

The Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA) says it has intercepted hundreds of suspected fake COVID-19 test results and vaccination records from people trying to enter the country.

As of Oct. 31, border officials had encountered 374 suspected falsified COVID-19 test results at ports of entry — 160 at airports and 187 at land crossings — and intercepted 92 suspected fake proof-of-vaccination credentials, a spokesperson for the agency told CBC. 

The agency did not provide a breakdown of the cases, the specific ports of entry or the possible countries of origin of the fraudulent documents. 

Because they have right of entry, Canadians who enter with fake COVID-19-related records are still allowed into the country, but border officials then pass on their information to the Public Health Agency of Canada (PHAC), which has ability to investigate and issue fines. Non-Canadians could be denied entry.

A number of cases are being investigated by PHAC, which issued seven fines for suspected falsified or fraudulent COVID-19 test results between Jan. 6 to Nov. 12, that agency said. PHAC said it also issued two fines for suspected falsified or fraudulent proof of vaccination credentials between July 6 and Nov. 12.

It must take a seriously narcissistic piece of **** person to do this kind of thing.

12 hours ago, Tracker said:

I was speaking to a former colleague at Boundary Trails Health Center in Winkler and things are getting dire there. Doctors are receiving threats and death threats almost daily, their cars are being vandalized and the fear among staff there is such that the doctors have been told to not mention or recommend vaccination to patients, Many staff there are looking to leave as soon as they can, fearing that a violent incident is inevitable.

My son's wife is re-entering the healthcare system after being off on maternity leave. She will be dealing with a certain group in Southern who will have a very,very high rate of non compliance for vaccinations. She said part of her job as well as the medical part will be trying to convince them to get vaccinated. I worry about her.

1 hour ago, JCon said:

Hey any 'It's my choice, my individual right, my individual freedom not to take the vaccination, I feel discriminated against' people on this board, help us understand how the above is different?

Because you don't inject coats into your body?

Okay, from here on in just to be consistent with your train of thought and rationalizations make sure you and people you care for never ever take anymore over the counter or prescribed medications (or any food for that matter) in your life in you aren't fully knowledgeable of all the substances in it. Don't be a sheep.

17 minutes ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

The disturbingly high number of human garbage piles on this planet fueled by willful ignorance and abject stupidity is just exhausting anymore.

Manitoba announced 128 new cases of #COVID19 and 4 more deaths on Tuesday, Nov. 30, 2021.

Active cases: 1,418
Total caseload: 67,877
Recovered: 65,140
Deaths: 1,319

The seven-day average daily #COVID19 case count in Manitoba remains 136.

Reasons for Jets losing to Arizona
 -fatigue  25%
 -lack of speed 25%
 -net front 15%
 -squeezing the stick too tight 35%

Running average daily COVID cases per 100,000 people, by Manitoba health region, as of Monday:

Southern: 26.4
Northern: 24.0
Prairie Mountain: 11.1
Interlake-Eastern: 4.9
Winnipeg: 4.3

Quebec still has Canada's highest COVID infection rate.

Manitoba is now tied for second with New Brunswick.

Edited by FrostyWinnipeg

15 minutes ago, Noeller said:

I read the whole Twitter thread, and they said "a current full dose regimen or after booster, if not current"..... 

I was recently told by a public health nurse who came to vaccinate students - that with two jabs there's still a 50% chance of contracting the virus, but a 90 - 95% chance that you will have only mild symptoms. The exceptions would be people with a third jab or people who have had covid previously, and are double vaxxed. The determining factors are viral load and length of exposure. 

Anti-vaccine Christian broadcaster Marcus Lamb dies at age 64 after contracting Covid-19. https://nbcnews.to/3o7pmy7.

I feel bad about this...

scroll down...

scroll down...

giphy.gif

Edited by FrostyWinnipeg

Conservative anti-vax televangelist Marcus Lamb dies of COVID

A televangelist known for his anti-vaccine rhetoric has passed away due to complications of COVID-19. According to HuffPost, Marcus Lamb —the founder of the right-wing Christian Daystar Television Network— passed away on Tuesday, November 30.

In wake of his death, the network tweeted to confirm his passing.

2 minutes ago, Tracker said:

Conservative anti-vax televangelist Marcus Lamb dies of COVID

A televangelist known for his anti-vaccine rhetoric has passed away due to complications of COVID-19. According to HuffPost, Marcus Lamb —the founder of the right-wing Christian Daystar Television Network— passed away on Tuesday, November 30.

In wake of his death, the network tweeted to confirm his passing.

Thoughts and prayers to those he got killed.