Covid-19

JCon

Manitoba announced 107 new cases of #COVID19 and 2 more deaths on Thursday, Oct. 14, 2021.
 Active cases: 962
 Total caseload: 61,900
 Recovered: 59,712
 Deaths: 1,226

The seven-day average daily #COVID19 case count in Manitoba drops from 99 to 95.

Manitoba #COVID19 patients in hospital: 93 (down 1) 
 In ICU: 17 (up 2)
 Total patients in ICU (COVID and non-COVID): 82 (down 😎

Five-day Manitoba #COVID19 test-positivity rate: 3.8  per cent (unchanged)
 Tests completed Wednesday: 2,573

Top Manitoba health districts by active #COVID19 cases:
 1. Norway House: 149
 2. Mathias Colomb/Puk: 118
 3. Brandon: 48
 4. Shamattawa/Split Lake/York Factory/Tataskweyak: 40
 5. Steinbach: 36

Regional breakdown of new Manitoba #COVID19 cases:
 45 Northern 
 23 Southern 
 21 Winnipeg
 10 Prairie Mountain
 8 Interlake-Eastern

Manitoba recorded another 3,983 #COVID19 vaccine doses.
 Manitobans with 1 shot: 1,033,888
 Proportion of Manitobans 12 and up with 1 shot: 85.9%
 Two shots: 984,319
 Proportion with 2 shots: 82.2%
 Manitobans aged 12 and up: ~1,189,903
 Proportion of *all* Manitobans with one shot: 74.8%
 At least two shots: 71.2%
 Manitoba population: 1,382,904

The latest Manitobans to succumb to #COVID19:
 A Southern man in his 40s (unspecified variant of concern)
 A Northern woman in her 50s (unspecified VOC)

2 hours ago, iHeart said:

oh Northern Health Regionand of course the morons of the week

Monstrosity Burger? Again? 

MORFIT recently closed with this statement "The MORFIT gyms have closed. We have fought for our right to operate a business and for your right to maintain autonomy over your own health.  We knew by holding this position publicly that we it would just be a matter of time before we would be shut down."

1 hour ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

MORFIT recently closed with this statement "The MORFIT gyms have closed. We have fought for our right to operate a business and for your right to maintain autonomy over your own health.  We knew by holding this position publicly that we it would just be a matter of time before we would be shut down."

Did MORFIT close or just change their name? Idiots!

18 minutes ago, itchy said:

Did MORFIT close or just change their name? Idiots!

What I heard is the idiot guy has another business and he is reopening under the other business name and following health codes, but honouring memberships and such. Basically too proud to publicly change direction and operate with the rules he's opposed.

2 hours ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

Escalating fines for repeat offenders would be good. How great would it be if the fines could be sent directly to direct competitors that are abiding by health rules?

Edited by WildPath

38 minutes ago, WildPath said:

What I heard is the idiot guy has another business and he is reopening under the other business name and following health codes, but honouring memberships and such. Basically too proud to publicly change direction and operate with the rules he's opposed.

Correct.  Stuart Klassen owns Morfit and is re-opening under White Lion athletics which he co-owns.  They seems to be scrubbing his name from the White Lion website but the interwebs doesn't forget.

Manitoba announced 92 new cases of #COVID19 and 4 more deaths on Friday, Oct. 15, 2021.
 Active cases: 963
 Total caseload: 61,987
 Recovered: 59,794
 Deaths: 1,230

Manitoba #COVID19 patients in hospital: 92 (down 1)
 In ICU: 16 (down 1)
 Total patients in ICU (COVID and non-COVID): 86 (up 4)

Five-day Manitoba #COVID19 test-positivity rate: 3.2 per cent (down 0.6 percentage points)
 Tests completed Thursday: 3,163

The seven-day average daily #COVID19 case count in Manitoba declines to 90.

Edited by FrostyWinnipeg

1 hour ago, iHeart said:
oh southern health what are we going to do with you

I've said it before, and I'll say it again. As bad as the proportions look for unvaccinated, it is actually much worse. Unvaccinated are much less likely to get tested. While roughly 70% of positive cases were unvaccinated, I am betting if we took representative samples of the whole province, it might be closer to 90%.

This is in a province where the majority of people are vaccinated and the most dense population (Winnipeg) has a much lower infection rate that a certain health region known for great farmer sausage.

assholes and morons down there. I have a few friends in Winkler from my days working there, and I just can't wrap my head around the way they're acting. Complaining on social media about not being able to go watch their kids play high school sports because they refuse to get vaccinated. Just insane. 

My wife is a retired Health care aid ( 20 years in hospitals and care homes , now does home care part time ) , and she is livid over this. When you enter health care it should be because you care for people. So these morons ( sorry there is no other word ) would rather risk the lives of the elderly, sick and infirmed than get vaccinated or tested. Heartless bastards. How dare they in the name of God kick helpless people to the side.

She just said that when she started she had to sign a declaration that she wouldn't refuse care to people.

9 minutes ago, Brandon said:

Have you ever been to Winkler?

Before the pandemic I was there at least once a week

Edited by the watcher

47 minutes ago, the watcher said:

My wife is a retired Health care aid ( 20 years in hospitals and care homes , now does home care part time ) , and she is livid over this. When you enter health care it should be because you care for people. So these morons ( sorry there is no other word ) would rather risk the lives of the elderly, sick and infirmed than get vaccinated or tested. Heartless bastards. How dare they in the name of God kick helpless people to the side.

She just said that when she started she had to sign a declaration that she wouldn't refuse care to people.

Before the pandemic I was there at least once a week

So you are familiar with what many people are like in Winkler then....

1 hour ago, Noeller said:

assholes and morons down there. I have a few friends in Winkler from my days working there, and I just can't wrap my head around the way they're acting. Complaining on social media about not being able to go watch their kids play high school sports because they refuse to get vaccinated. Just insane. 

Recipe for disaster: start with a very limited critical thinking skill set influenced heavily by a variety of social, economic and health determinants and add in full access to the World Wide Web. The result? Disaster.

1 hour ago, HardCoreBlue said:

Recipe for disaster: start with a very limited critical thinking skill set influenced heavily by a variety of social, economic and health determinants and add in full access to the World Wide Web. The result? Disaster.

Don't forget to add religion in there. And a corrupt, populist world leader.

2 hours ago, Brandon said:

So you are familiar with what many people are like in Winkler then....

So your point ? Not worth bring up  or what ? Familiar or not refusing to give aid to the sick and elderly goes beyond sanity. It goes beyond human decency.   It warrants a comment whether or not I know Winkler. Which I do.

1 hour ago, the watcher said:

So your point ? Not worth bring up  or what ? Familiar or not refusing to give aid to the sick and elderly goes beyond sanity. It goes beyond human decency.   It warrants a comment whether or not I know Winkler. Which I do.

My point is that Winkler has a lot of weird people stuck in a bizarro world.   It has rampant racism,  homophobia,  over the top religious people,  rednecks on par with the finest MAGA folks and overall lots of bizarre behaviour that you do not find for the most part across the province.   

You asked what the hell is wrong with these people,  if you had been to Winkler before you would of already known the answer.