Covid-19

JCon

36 minutes ago, JCon said:

I still live in a bit of bubble. Kids being under 12, means that I am more careful about my interactions. My riskiest behaviour has been to take the park and ride to and from the game, plus using the WCs at the stadium. Funny how it revolves around the Bombers!

Had to take both boys for Covid tests this morning due to them both having developed colds (hopefully). 

Same here, riskiest thing I've done is go to the bomber games, but I keep my mask on all the time.

1 hour ago, JCon said:

I still live in a bit of bubble. Kids being under 12, means that I am more careful about my interactions. My riskiest behaviour has been to take the park and ride to and from the game, plus using the WCs at the stadium. Funny how it revolves around the Bombers!

Had to take both boys for Covid tests this morning due to them both having developed colds (hopefully). 

There is a cold making it's way through the schools it seems. My boy had it, a bunch of kids in his class too. My buddies kids have had it too.(All neg on Covid tests) Here's hoping that's all your fam has!

10 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

There is a cold making it's way through the schools it seems. My boy had it, a bunch of kids in his class too. My buddies kids have had it too.(All neg on Covid tests) Here's hoping that's all your fam has!

This raises a question... if the kids are all masked and regularly washing their hands (which I understand is the expectation), how is anything being spread?

4 minutes ago, Sard said:

This raises a question... if the kids are all masked and regularly washing their hands (which I understand is the expectation), how is anything being spread?

It was really good last year. One cold for each of my boys and that was it. 

I'm not convinced my youngest wears his all the time. My oldest, who's quite diligent got it from my younger son. 

I

6 minutes ago, Sard said:

I’m guessing the hand is still touching cold viruses that then makes it way by hand to the mouth/eyes.

1 hour ago, JCon said:

It was really good last year. One cold for each of my boys and that was it. 

I'm not convinced my youngest wears his all the time. My oldest, who's quite diligent got it from my younger son. 

Yup, my boys each got a cold last October. Nothing else all year. Which for a 7 and 9 year old is almost unheard of.

3 hours ago, Jpan85 said:

And as a vaccinated person here in MB life is pretty much normal at this point. 

That was going to be my response as well. As a fully vaxxed person with season tickets and who enjoys eating in restaurants, actually feels like normal and not onerous, that's for sure. The only pain has been my decision to leave my gym that has committed to not checking vax status. (MORFit)

34 minutes ago, bustamente said:

Hospitals in Alabama are playing musical beds as soon as someone dies another takes their place, no shortage of players

The same is now true in Idaho, Florida and a couple of others. Many states are at that point as well but are trying to keep it quiet to avoid panic.

5 hours ago, Sard said:

They're still kids...still gonna be gross lol. But like others have mentioned, only 1 or 2 mild colds last year. Not at all like my son's 1st year in school.

freedom for me but not for thee.

"CALGARY – A bar just east of Calgary says it will be closing dine-in service after it received an “overwhelming” number of threats that came its way after it said it would be opting into Alberta’s vaccine passport program.

The Langdon Firehouse Bar and Grill writes on Facebook that it has been flooded with angry comments and messages since it announced people would have to prove they’ve been vaccinated or share a negative COVID-19 test before entering the bar."

Edited by Mark F

18 hours ago, bustamente said:

This A hole has been flaunting the restrictions openly, it's about time

Post image

In an Instagram post, Monstrosity Burger wrote, “This country is pathetic and we will lose every last bit of freedom if people don’t stand up now!”

The Manitoba government’s last two enforcement updates show that Monstrosity Burger has been handed eight tickets in total for defying public health orders, coming to a total of $40,000 in fines.

In one of Monstrosity Burger’s past Instagram posts, the restaurant said it supports people who get the vaccine, but that if someone chooses to trust their immune system over the vaccine, then they are still welcome.

“We will NOT comply with illegal mandates that segregate, discriminate or divide our People!” the post said.

Edited by FrostyWinnipeg

18 minutes ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

In an Instagram post, Monstrosity Burger wrote, “This country is pathetic and we will lose every last bit of freedom if people don’t stand up now!”

The Manitoba government’s last two enforcement updates show that Monstrosity Burger has been handed eight tickets in total for defying public health orders, coming to a total of $40,000 in fines.

In one of Monstrosity Burger’s past Instagram posts, the restaurant said it supports people who get the vaccine, but that if someone chooses to trust their immune system over the vaccine, then they are still welcome.

“We will NOT comply with illegal mandates that segregate, discriminate or divide our People!” the post said.

They have an interesting concept of "legal". Perhaps they ought to consult an attorney.