Covid-19

JCon

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calgary/john-carpay-president-jccf-reinstated-1.6159592

A group representing multiple churches across the country fighting COVID-19 public health orders announced Monday that its president has been reinstated after taking leave upon admitting he hired private investigators to follow both a judge presiding over a case in Manitoba and some senior government officials.

The Alberta-based Justice Centre for Constitutional Freedoms (JCCF) said Monday that its founder, Calgary-based lawyer John Carpay, would be "welcomed back" to resume his responsibilities as president.

"The board recognizes that the organization needs to end the uncertainty that comes with temporary leadership, to enable the Justice Centre to work more effectively in dealing with unprecedented challenges in our society," the JCCF said in a news release Monday.

"The board is also seeking to streamline and refresh its membership to better respond to demands on the organization."

Repeated attempts by CBC News to reach the JCCF for additional comment on Monday were not returned.

(Carpay) has previously made headlines for comparing Nazi swastikas to LGBTQ pride flags, and challenging gay-straight alliances — peer-support groups that are meant to tackle bullying and provide supportive environments for LGBTQ students — as "ideological sexual clubs."

In 2017, before he became premier of Alberta, Jason Kenney compared Carpay's work to that of civil rights icon Rosa Parks — but he has since condemned remarks made by Carpay.

1 hour ago, rebusrankin said:

So those protesters in Winkler outside the Hanover SD office over not wanting their kids masked, do they think this will make the HSD change their mind? Its a provincial mandate too.

I think a lot of Hanover families expect Hanover SD to be quite different from provincial norms. I grew up in Hanover (pity me) and we had daily bible reading and prayer. Lots of other stuff that, as a teacher, I would never see in any of the schools I've been in now.

Times have changed some (I'm in my 30s), but I imagine Hanover is still Hanover somewhat as parent pressure is huge. They are already able to opt out of "sensitive content" in schools already. I don't have a source on this, but I assume they were many of the schools that got special customized tours of the human rights museum so they could ignore gender issues and anything else that didn't fit with their view of the world.

24 minutes ago, WildPath said:

I think a lot of Hanover families expect Hanover SD to be quite different from provincial norms. I grew up in Hanover (pity me) and we had daily bible reading and prayer. Lots of other stuff that, as a teacher, I would never see in any of the schools I've been in now.

Times have changed some (I'm in my 30s), but I imagine Hanover is still Hanover somewhat as parent pressure is huge. They are already able to opt out of "sensitive content" in schools already. I don't have a source on this, but I assume they were many of the schools that got special customized tours of the human rights museum so they could ignore gender issues and anything else that didn't fit with their view of the world.

Oh totally.

Its just if HSD doesn't enforce these policies they'll get cracked down on by the province. Then again Goertzen cut them a break on Bill 64 so who knows.

How do people in the Southern district see that and not see the reason to get vaccinated? More cases than all of Winnipeg and Winkler has a huge anti-mask/vax/restrictions/sanity rally. Even the genius deputy mayor is considering having Winkler become a sanctuary city. I don't get how they can push against the rights of gay people to be in relationships with each other and then hold up their hands and say they are being persecuted with vaccines when they obviously have the choice, but don't want to deal with the consequences of their actions.

https://winnipeg.ctvnews.ca/there-is-a-fracture-winkler-grapples-with-divide-over-vaccine-mandates-pandemic-measures-1.5568287

One man suggested Winkler become a so-called sanctuary city where people can live in freedom whether they choose to get the vaccine or not.

“We need to put a hedge of protection around this community because the wolves are upon us,” the man said.

Henry Siemens, the city’s deputy mayor, said council is aware of the idea but hasn’t received any official proposals. However, he didn’t rule anything out.

“In broad strokes, a sanctuary city, I wouldn’t have ever seen it used in this manner before,” Siemens said, noting he’s fully vaccinated. “When we get that we’ll have all of council review and determine the best way forward.”

Sidenote: the only time I've seen that many vehicles lined up along the streets in a Mennonite community was during free pancake breakfast (a joke, but also true)

26 minutes ago, Noeller said:

I know Henry Siemens... A good man. I have no doubt his eyes rolled very hard at the thought of this idea.... 

I believe you, but its hard to believe by that quote that it is true. He also public made it aware that he is fully vaccinated. Maybe appealing to both sides by not shutting down the ridiculous idea of a sanctuary city.

33 minutes ago, Mark H. said:

We drove past an anti - mask / anti - vax protest at Notre Dame & Maryland today.  One sign read "they are coming for your kids."

I reckon a certain section of Winnipeg will also require a fence. 

I should've stopped at the vet's for some sheep dewormer. 

Assclowns. Every last one of them.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manitoba/vaccine-protest-hsc-1.6161892

Hundreds of people protesting vaccine mandates swarmed Winnipeg's largest hospital Wednesday afternoon, slowing traffic and some confronting people as they tried to enter.

Crowds gathered on the sidewalk outside Health Sciences Centre, hampering foot traffic into the 820 Sherbrook St. entrance and impeding vehicles turning into the drop-off loop for the rehabilitation and clinic areas.

Many held signs that read "My body, my choice: Stop vaccine passports" and chanted "No vaccine passports!"

Several patients trying to get into the hospital chastised the protesters for getting in the way.

The protest created traffic congestion that obstructed the arrival of ambulances, with sirens blaring, to the emergency department.

Eventually, led by a woman with a microphone, the group moved away from the entrance.

Sherbrook Street had to be closed for about an hour while police directed traffic.

Many drivers honked in support as they drove past the crowd.

Shared Health, the provincial organization that runs HSC, came out with a strong statement against the rally. 

A spokesperson said patients had difficulty getting in, were "aggressively harassed" for wearing masks, and some cancelled their appointments rather than approach the protesters standing near entrances.

Absolutely disgusting.

Disrupting the day to day at the busiest hospital in the city, now these imbeciles are becoming dangerous, I've said this before but if one of these dummies has the balls to get into my face they are going to missing a few more chiclets, ignorance and stupidity are 2 things I don't deal with very well.

10 hours ago, bustamente said:

Disrupting the day to day at the busiest hospital in the city, now these imbeciles are becoming dangerous, I've said this before but if one of these dummies has the balls to get into my face they are going to missing a few more chiclets, ignorance and stupidity are 2 things I don't deal with very well.

Besides the fact that that entire area disgusts me one of the reasons I avoid the area  is that I'm afraid if I'm confronted I'm going to lose it and it will get violent.  I really don't want that but I've just had it with all the crap. I'm way to old to be drawn into that kind of thing.  I'm also a 4th degree blackbelt. I'm not supposed to do that.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/british-columbia/vaccine-passport-protest-1.6161817

Crowds of people opposed to COVID-19 vaccinations clogged the streets of Vancouver and demonstrated outside hospitals across B.C. on Wednesday afternoon, earning the indignation of some political leaders.

According to police estimates, thousands of demonstrators gathered outside hospitals in Vancouver, Kelowna, Kamloops, Victoria, Prince George, Nanaimo and in other Canadian cities.

The protests were organized by Canadian Frontline Nurses, a group founded by two Ontario nurses who have promoted conspiracy theories about COVID-19 and attended rallies in the U.S. for those who think the pandemic is a "fraud." In posters for the event, dubbed "worldwide walkout," the group urged supporters to "stand up for freedom" and "reject the tyranny of mandatory vaccines." 

Protesters carried signs with slogans criticizing vaccine passports as a form of discrimination and chanted "freedom" and "crimes against humanity."

By the early evening, one health authority was reporting a physical assault against a health-care worker. Island Health's president and CEO Kathy MacNeil said that some of the protests on Vancouver Island had disrupted people's safe access to health care.

This is utterly embarrassing. Shame on these ignorant, gullible fuckwits.

And go figure... The two twunts who founded the Canadian chapter of Global Frontline "Nurses" travelled to DC on Jan. 6th to protest and spread misinformation about the pandemic. 

1 hour ago, the watcher said:

Besides the fact that that entire area disgusts me one of the reasons I avoid the area  is that I'm afraid if I'm confronted I'm going to lose it and it will get violent.  I really don't want that but I've just had it with all the crap. I'm way to old to be drawn into that kind of thing.  I'm also a 4th degree blackbelt. I'm not supposed to do that.

Can I get you drunk and take you to demonstrations?