Covid-19

JCon

On 2021-08-17 at 8:36 PM, TrueBlue4ever said:

Saw a Twitter post from an ICU nurse. She asks the COVID patients why they didn’t take the vaccine. When they respond “because we don’t know what is in it so we can’t be sure it’s safe” she replies “I’ve given you 5 injections today while I’ve been treating you, and you haven’t asked once what was in what I was giving you and took it gratefully”. 

logical discussion is beyond these people's capability. 

They are trained to not think.  they are trained to do what they are told.

part of why this is frightening.

If trump or tucker tells them to do something,anything actually,  they do it. no questions asked.

Edited by Mark F

Just now, Mark F said:

They are trained to not think. 

These are people who will get "No Regrats" tattooed on them but, ironically, won't get a vaccine.

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/london/tattoo-ink-western-professor-study-1.6099726

On 2021-08-17 at 5:53 PM, Tracker said:

Texas Gov. Abbott tests positive for COVID after speaking to a packed house

Governor Greg Abbott announced Tuesday he has tested positive for COVID-19, the potentially deadly disease caused by the novel coronavirus. The Texas Republican has steadfastly refused to lift his anti-science ban on mask and vaccine mandates.

Texas is among the worst states for coronavirus currently, with an extremely high caseload and low vaccination rate.

Abbott reportedly has been vaccinated, and his office says he is tested daily.  Gov. Abbott spoke to a packed house Monday night of about 600 people, where few wore masks and social distancing was non-existent.

https://t.co/MfBe5FIKbY
— The Recount (@The Recount) 1629233933.0

Here's Abbott's counter argument to low vaccine rates causing high Covid rates: Immigrants.

No consequences in saying this other than being twitter yelled at to get likes that amounts to nothing more than white noise.

Frustrating, exhausting, mind numbing.

17 minutes ago, Mark F said:

If trump or tucker tells them to do something,anything actually,  they do it. no questions asked.

What is confounding is that they are so rigid in their belief and yet at the same time so susceptible to influence from outside sources. They won’t listen to reason but will be swayed by a perceived authority’s wrong opinion nonetheless. 

8 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

Looks like all of the post secondary institutions will require mandatory vaccination for staff and students. Wonder if this means mandatory vaccination for staff at schools? For the record, I am in favour of staff at schools being vaccinated.

It was great news this morning!

Didn't the teachers union come out against mandatory vaccines for staff? 

2 minutes ago, JCon said:

Oh, that's great. I thought they came out a couple weeks ago against it. I see, this week, that they want it. 

They better mandate vaccines in school!

My son is playing high school football and I’ve been watching his practices and I’m wondering how many of these athletes are vaccinated and what happens when/if the first covid positive happens?

1 hour ago, HardCoreBlue said:

Here's Abbott's counter argument to low vaccine rates causing high Covid rates: Immigrants.

go to for all racists.  very reliable for them, when they have msde a huge mess.

these leaders have far outkilled the number of Americans killed by both islamic terrorists, and drug gangs. 

by miles.

Edited by Mark F

38 minutes ago, Mark F said:

go to for all racists.  very reliable for them, when they have msde a huge mess.

these leaders have far outkilled the number of Americans killed by both islamic terrorists, and drug gangs. 

by miles.

Infuriating.

We have a few posters here who have similar go to's on a wide array of subjects doused with their bravado and 'you're stupid if you can't see this' vibe.

47 minutes ago, HardCoreBlue said:

Infuriating.

We have a few posters here who have similar go to's on a wide array of subjects doused with their bravado and 'you're stupid if you can't see this' vibe.

Don’t forget “ and if I have to explain it to you, then you won’t be smart enough to understand it. You’re not worth the effort”

3 hours ago, HardCoreBlue said:

Infuriating.

Sorry missed what you are trying to convey here, are you serious or kidding?

2 hours ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

Don’t forget “ and if I have to explain it to you, then you won’t be smart enough to understand it. You’re not worth the effort”

Could you be so kind as to explain wtf is going on here, I think I missed something...

6 hours ago, Mark F said:

There will always be those who find thinking uncomfortable and difficult, so are willing to delegate their thinking and believing to others who promise certainty for the small price of unquestioning compliance.

US senator from Mississippi 'fed up' with masks contracts COVID

The state of Mississippi has the one of the lowest vaccination rates in the country, and is averaging over 3500 new coronavirus cases per day.

That number just went up.

U.S. Senator Roger Wicker, 70, Mississippi's senior senator and a Republican, just contracted COVID. He has been vaccinated, his office said in a statement.

Wicker infamously was captured on camera on a Delta flight refusing to wear a mask last year. He has been an ardent anti-masker.

US senator from Mississippi 'fed up' with masks contracts COVID - Alternet.org

1 hour ago, Tracker said:

US senator from Mississippi 'fed up' with masks contracts COVID

The state of Mississippi has the one of the lowest vaccination rates in the country, and is averaging over 3500 new coronavirus cases per day.

That number just went up.

U.S. Senator Roger Wicker, 70, Mississippi's senior senator and a Republican, just contracted COVID. He has been vaccinated, his office said in a statement.

Wicker infamously was captured on camera on a Delta flight refusing to wear a mask last year. He has been an ardent anti-masker.

US senator from Mississippi 'fed up' with masks contracts COVID - Alternet.org

Although I don’t mind calling out Senators who are anti-mask or anti-vax, and don’t mind the odd Republican bashing, to be fair, he was vaccinated and was one of 3 Senators who contracted COVID. The other 2 were a Democrat and an Independent who consistently votes Democrat. Alternate consistently leans hard left on it’s bias, just thought some more context was needed last people think it’s only the GOP getting sick after denying the science. 

5 hours ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

Sorry missed what you are trying to convey here, are you serious or kidding?

Could you be so kind as to explain wtf is going on here, I think I missed something...

I won’t speak to the veiled racist go-to that was the genesis of the comment, that’s not how I took it. I was reacting to the argument that there are times here where an argument gets personal (be it LaPO or Nichols sucking, power rankings, or extreme right vs left wing to cite 3 recent examples) where posters deviate from their initial stance to rip someone with a different viewpoint and instead of offering counter points to bolster their argument or make a reasoned argument against the original thought, default to the “well that’s just stupid and you are stupid for thinking that, and if you can’t see why you are wrong I can’t be bothered to explain my correct viewpoint to you” as a simplistic out with the comfort of hiding behind your keyboard to bolster your arrogance and confidence. At least that is how I read the comment and added to it, not that people here default to racism in their arguments. The point of that specific COVID example is rather than explaining why the low vaccination rate is NOT responsible for the high contraction rate (which is the most reasonable explanation and likely cause, but would make the governing party look bad) the politician defaults to the same fear-mongering trope of “it’s the evil immigrants” as their knee-jerk cop out with no substance to back the claim. Possibly an inaccurate comparison and not clearly delineated from the original issue, but the concept of taking shots rather than explaining your position was what my part of that response was about. 

26 minutes ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

Although I don’t mind calling out Senators who are anti-mask or anti-vax, and don’t mind the odd Republican bashing, to be fair, he was vaccinated and was one of 3 Senators who contracted COVID. The other 2 were a Democrat and an Independent who consistently votes Democrat. Alternate consistently leans hard left on it’s bias, just thought some more context was needed last people think it’s only the GOP getting sick after denying the science. 

Even though he apparently was vaccinated, that does not give him the authority to discourage appropriate use of masks during a pandemic. There is every reason to believe he was infected by someone who was infected and not wearing a mask- the chances of bring infected by someone wearing a mask are very low unless you are spending a lot of time in very close contact.

Edited by Tracker

GOP Leader Who Fought Against Vaccine Dies After Weeks-Long Battle With Coronavirus

Pressley Stutts, a Republican leader in South Carolina who fought COVID-19 vaccination efforts, died on Thursday of the coronavirus after a weekslong battle, including six days spent on a ventilator, The Greenville News reported.

Stutts, a 64-year-old veteran, frequently shared conspiracy theories about the virus, the vaccines and the 2020 election on Facebook, including in posts made from his ICU bed.
Pressley Stutts was well known as the leader of the Greenville Tea Party.  Stutts served as an executive committee member of the Greenville County Republican Party and the leader of the Greenville Tea Party. He protested Vice President Kamala Harris when she visited the area in June to promote vaccination and called the effort an “ungodly initiative.” 

Stutts also praised a state effort to strip funding from schools that imposed mask mandates or testing requirements, and was angry about $10 gift card incentives for vaccination, writing to his 5,000 followers: “Do not sell your body nor your soul no matter the asking price.” 

In July, Stutts shared a Facebook post dismissing the delta variant, which was likely the one that ended his life. 

On Aug. 1 ― the day he went into the ICU ― Stutts insisted he had “always contended that COVID was very real” and called it “a deadly bio-weapon perpetrated upon the people of the world by enemies foreign, and perhaps domestic.”

He also posted conspiracy theories about the virus online. Last year, he dismissed masks as an “illusion,” claimed in December that there had been no increase in deaths in 2020, and said, “the American public has been gaslighted by the medical industrial complex.”

GOP Leader Who Fought Against Vaccine Dies After Weeks-Long Battle With Coronavirus | HuffPost

11 hours ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

I won’t speak to the veiled racist go-to that was the genesis of the comment, that’s not how I took it. I was reacting to the argument that there are times here where an argument gets personal (be it LaPO or Nichols sucking, power rankings, or extreme right vs left wing to cite 3 recent examples) where posters deviate from their initial stance to rip someone with a different viewpoint and instead of offering counter points to bolster their argument or make a reasoned argument against the original thought, default to the “well that’s just stupid and you are stupid for thinking that, and if you can’t see why you are wrong I can’t be bothered to explain my correct viewpoint to you” as a simplistic out with the comfort of hiding behind your keyboard to bolster your arrogance and confidence. At least that is how I read the comment and added to it, not that people here default to racism in their arguments. The point of that specific COVID example is rather than explaining why the low vaccination rate is NOT responsible for the high contraction rate (which is the most reasonable explanation and likely cause, but would make the governing party look bad) the politician defaults to the same fear-mongering trope of “it’s the evil immigrants” as their knee-jerk cop out with no substance to back the claim. Possibly an inaccurate comparison and not clearly delineated from the original issue, but the concept of taking shots rather than explaining your position was what my part of that response was about. 

Oh yeah man, sorry- I should have put a smiley face there. My post was funnier in my head.

Edited by wanna-b-fanboy

4 minutes ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

Oh yeah man, sorry- I should have put a smiley face there. My post was funnier in my head.

No probs. When you start with “I can’t tell if you are serious or kidding” then I assume you yourself are serious and not joking. A sarcasm emoticon would do wonders around here for the clueless like me. Maybe we should copyright this one:

sarcasm-sarcasm-sign.gif