Covid-19

JCon

holy crap 6 million a hole Canadians

Eighty per cent of Canadians eligible to get vaccinated have received at least one dose, and close to 64 per cent are fully vaccinated. That still leaves more than 6.5 million people who have yet to get a single shot — at a time when COVID-19 infections are ticking upward in Canada. 

had two shots.

keeping my mask on.

recently met one of these morons. 

Edited by Mark F

30 minutes ago, itchy said:

Had to go to Costco this am.

Good to see everyone there with the exception of 3 people were fully masked. Some hope for humanity yet.

Wearing masks do not prevent the spread of covid in every environment. You should be wearing masks in various elements but not everywhere should be required. Like at the Blue Bomber game. It wouldn't help.

Anti-Vax Radio Host Who Called Fauci a ‘Power Tripping Lying Freak’ Dies of COVID

A anti-vaccine right-wing radio host in West Palm Beach, Florida died Wednesday from COVID-19 complications.

**** Farrel, 65, used his local talk show and social media to rail against Dr. Anthony Fauci, who he called a “power tripping lying freak,” and say that no one should get the coronavirus vaccine. When COVID-19 sent him to the hospital for three weeks, though, he changed his tune, urging friends to get vaccinated, friends told local station WPTV.

Farrel wrote in early July, “Vaccine Bogus Bull Shid!, Two peeps I know, got vaxed, now have Corona, hospitalized critical. Thank you Moderna, FOR NOTHING!” He erroneously told his followers they would not need the vaccine if they had already survived COVID-19. The CDC has advised former coronavirus patients to get vaccinated.

Two days later, he wrote, “Why take a vax promoted by people who lied 2u all along about masks.” He called Fauci “FOOT-chee” and said that the infectious disease expert and “power trip libb loons” Democrats were conspiring to make it seem like the pandemic was ongoing so they could grab more power.

In late June, he wrote, “So, u think it wasn’t a SCAM DEMIC? NOT ONE ELECTED DEMOCRAT ever tested positive.” He called masks “face diapers” and “face pantys.”

An ardent supporter of former President Donald Trump, Farrel wrote often about baseless conspiracy theories of election fraud. In June, he penned a fearmongering post about liberals wanting to remove the American flag, writing, “Civil war beckons.”

Amy Leigh Hair, a close friend of Farrel, wrote on Facebook, “COVID took one of my best friends! RIP **** Farrel. He is the reason I took the shot. He texted me and told me to ‘Get it!’ He told me this virus is no joke and he said, ‘I wish I had gotten it!’”

Hair later told WPTV, “I was one of one the people like him who didn’t trust the vaccine. I trusted my immune system. I just became more afraid of getting COVID-19 than I was of any possible side effects of the vaccine. I’m glad I got vaccinated.”

The deep-voiced host, whose real name is Farrel Austin Levitt, also anchored for Newsmax after the radio station where he worked, WFLN, sold in 2016, according to friend and station owner George Kalman, who wrote Farrel’s obituary.

Anti-Vaxx Radio Host and Former Newsmax Anchor **** Farrel Dies of Coronavirus (thedailybeast.com)

9 minutes ago, Tracker said:

Anti-Vax Radio Host Who Called Fauci a ‘Power Tripping Lying Freak’ Dies of COVID

A anti-vaccine right-wing radio host in West Palm Beach, Florida died Wednesday from COVID-19 complications.

**** Farrel, 65, used his local talk show and social media to rail against Dr. Anthony Fauci, who he called a “power tripping lying freak,” and say that no one should get the coronavirus vaccine. When COVID-19 sent him to the hospital for three weeks, though, he changed his tune, urging friends to get vaccinated, friends told local station WPTV.

Farrel wrote in early July, “Vaccine Bogus Bull Shid!, Two peeps I know, got vaxed, now have Corona, hospitalized critical. Thank you Moderna, FOR NOTHING!” He erroneously told his followers they would not need the vaccine if they had already survived COVID-19. The CDC has advised former coronavirus patients to get vaccinated.

Two days later, he wrote, “Why take a vax promoted by people who lied 2u all along about masks.” He called Fauci “FOOT-chee” and said that the infectious disease expert and “power trip libb loons” Democrats were conspiring to make it seem like the pandemic was ongoing so they could grab more power.

In late June, he wrote, “So, u think it wasn’t a SCAM DEMIC? NOT ONE ELECTED DEMOCRAT ever tested positive.” He called masks “face diapers” and “face pantys.”

An ardent supporter of former President Donald Trump, Farrel wrote often about baseless conspiracy theories of election fraud. In June, he penned a fearmongering post about liberals wanting to remove the American flag, writing, “Civil war beckons.”

Amy Leigh Hair, a close friend of Farrel, wrote on Facebook, “COVID took one of my best friends! RIP **** Farrel. He is the reason I took the shot. He texted me and told me to ‘Get it!’ He told me this virus is no joke and he said, ‘I wish I had gotten it!’”

Hair later told WPTV, “I was one of one the people like him who didn’t trust the vaccine. I trusted my immune system. I just became more afraid of getting COVID-19 than I was of any possible side effects of the vaccine. I’m glad I got vaccinated.”

The deep-voiced host, whose real name is Farrel Austin Levitt, also anchored for Newsmax after the radio station where he worked, WFLN, sold in 2016, according to friend and station owner George Kalman, who wrote Farrel’s obituary.

Anti-Vaxx Radio Host and Former Newsmax Anchor **** Farrel Dies of Coronavirus (thedailybeast.com)

Buh bye.

USA

States with high Vax rates = low hospitalization rate 

States with low Vax rates = higher hospitalization rate 

Shocking said nobody ever. 

The stupid people are the problem 

I got dose 2 almost 2 weeks ago now... not gonna lie.. since then I've felt pretty blah. Maybe it's the weather the smoke from fires and other things but yeah... not the greatest feeling the last 9 or 10 days now  

Edited by Goalie

On 2021-08-07 at 3:37 PM, SpeedFlex27 said:

Buh bye.

Agreed. I read a couple of stories on him. He had regretted he never got the vaccine, wished he had, told people they should get the shot, ..........But no where does it say he regreted or felt bad for being the cause of people getting Covid  and suffering or dieing. A self centered prick to the end. He was part of a group of people whose influence has caused the death of thousands. The world is a better place without him.

well I'm basically going to find out how well the vaccine works for me, on saturday I went to my first Family Get together in about a year, all these waves have screwed us out of christmas eve dinner, boxing day, and my cousins wedding was supposed to be a month ago

1 hour ago, iHeart said:

well I'm basically going to find out how well the vaccine works for me, on saturday I went to my first Family Get together in about a year, all these waves have screwed us out of christmas eve dinner, boxing day, and my cousins wedding was supposed to be a month ago

If everyone else is also vaxxed, you should be fine.

1 hour ago, iHeart said:

I'm confused? Is your whole family currently infected with COVID?    

55 minutes ago, Brandon said:

I'm confused? Is your whole family currently infected with COVID?    

no, we're fine alot of us are full vaxxed (and it was actually quite the coincidence that saturday officially marked 2 weeks since I got the 2nd dose and that more restrictions were lifted)

4 hours ago, the watcher said:

Agreed. I read a couple of stories on him. He had regretted he never got the vaccine, wished he had, told people they should get the shot, ..........But no where does it say he regreted or felt bad for being the cause of people getting Covid  and suffering or dieing. A self centered prick to the end. He was part of a group of people whose influence has caused the death of thousands. The world is a better place without him.

I'm tired of these shitheads who are anti vaxers. They get sick & die well too bad, sp sad. 

Russian Trolls Spread Wild Lie That COVID Vax Turns People Into Chimps.  A Russian marketing firm used “Planet of the Apes” memes to try and discredit Western-made COVID-19 vaccines.

Russian trolls have been using Planet of the Apes memes in a vain attempt to convince vaccine skeptics that the AstraZeneca vaccine will turn them into chimpanzees.

That’s the conclusion of a new report from Facebook, which found that a Russian marketing agency subsidiary, Fazze, operated dozens of fake Facebook and Instagram accounts as part of disinformation campaign targeting western-made vaccines. The report builds off previous reporting on the same network by The Daily Beast.

Facebook officials said they found 65 Facebook accounts and 243 Instagram accounts linked to the effort, which targeted users in India, Latin America, and the United States.

Fazze timed its disinformation campaigns to coincide with periods when regulatory authorities in various countries were considering expedited approval for Western vaccines, according to Facebook.

The first wave of the company’s disinformation campaign began in late 2020 and targeted the AstraZeneca vaccine and its use in India. Fazze troll accounts harvested from account farms in Bangladesh and Pakistan pivoted off the fact that the AstraZeneca vaccine uses a harmless virus found in chimpanzees to claim that the jab would turn recipients into chimps themselves. The trolls took screenshots from the 1960s sci-fi classic Planet of the Apes showing ape guards manhandling Charlton Heston, captioned with “AstraZeneca's vaccine is safe! Yesterday we took the vaccine ourselves.”

As part of their campaign, trolls linked out to Change.org petitions which tried to anchor the wild claims about chimpanzee transformation to out-of-context quotes from AstraZeneca company officials reported in legitimate news outlets.

The disinformation campaign “fell flat and it gained almost no traction across the internet," Ben Nimmo, Facebook’s global information operations threat intelligence chief, told reporters. The top performing post by Fazze’s network garnered only five likes and attracted ridicule from fellow Facebook users who heckled sock puppets with epithets like “google expert.”

The campaign was also “spammy and sloppy,” according to Nimmo, blasting hundreds of automated posts out and leading operators to mix Portuguese-language hashtags intended for Brazilian audiences on top of Hindi-language memes aimed at India.

Russian Trolls Spread Wild Lie That COVID Vax Turns People Into Chimps (thedailybeast.com)

(For many Republicans and right-wingers, this would be redundant)