JCon

Covid info for Monday July 26

11 cases!!!!

WOOHOO

Five-day Manitoba #COVID19 test-positivity rate:

3 per cent (down 0.2 percentage points)

Winnipeg rate: 1.8 per cent

Tests completed Sunday: 1,240

Manitoba #COVID19 patients in hospital: 110 (up 7)

In ICU: 26 (no change)

Regional breakdown of new Manitoba #COVID19 cases:

5 Southern

3 Winnipeg

2 Interlake-Eastern

1 Northern

Edited by wanna-b-fanboy

New report exposes a shady campaign to pay online influencers to spread lies about vaccines

No matter how high the COVID-19 death count climbs — according to Johns Hopkins University in Baltimore, it has passed 4.1 million worldwide — anti-vaxxers in different parts of the world are trying to discourage people from getting vaccinated. Some of these efforts include outright disinformation. But in some cases, internet users will aggressively push back against anti-vaxxer lies.

According to BBC reporters Charlie Haynes and Flora Carmichael, two such internet users in Europe are German journalist and YouTuber Mirko Drotschmann and French YouTuber Léo Grasset, who reports on science.

Hayes and Carmichael explain, "An influencer marketing agency called Fazze offered to pay (Drotschmann) to promote what it said was leaked information that suggested the death rate among people who had the Pfizer vaccine was almost three times that of the AstraZeneca jab. The information provided wasn't true. It quickly became apparent to Mirko that he was being asked to spread disinformation to undermine public confidence in vaccines in the middle of a pandemic."

Meanwhile, in France, the BBC reporters add, Grasset "received a similar offer" from Fazze and was offered 2000 euros "if he would take part."

"Both Léo and Mirko were appalled by the false claims," according to Hayes and Carmichael. "They pretended to be interested in order to try to find out more and were provided with detailed instructions about what they should say in their videos…. Fazze's brief told influencers to share a story in French newspaper Le Monde about a data leak from the European Medicines Agency. The story was genuine, but didn't include anything about vaccine deaths. But in this context, it would give the false impression that the death rate statistics had come from the leak."

New report exposes a shady campaign to pay online influencers to spread lies about vaccines - Alternet.org

On 2021-07-25 at 10:37 AM, 17to85 said:

No sympathy for the people spreading this bullshit when they get sick. What's the rights favourite phrase? **** around and find out.

I feel bad for his loved ones but not him. He mocked vaccines & Covid 19 & now he's found out what Karma's about.

Edited by SpeedFlex27

Covid info for TUESDAY July 27

Kives with the goods:

Five-day Manitoba #COVID19 test-positivity rate: 2.8 per cent (up down 0.2 percentage points) Winnipeg rate: 1.4 per cent Tests completed Monday: 1,070

Manitoba #COVID19 patients in hospital: 107 (down 3) In ICU: 27 (up 1)

Regional breakdown of new Manitoba #COVID19 cases:

9 Winnipeg

4 Interlake-Eastern

6 Southern

2 Prairie Mountain

2 Northern

The seven-day average daily case count in Manitoba drops to 38.

The R value in Manitoba is 0.71, according to

@DFisman. The R-value, represents the number of people infected by each person

To compare: Alberta's is now at 1.48.

Edited by wanna-b-fanboy

"

I am the director of the Reproductive Urology Program at the University of Miami’s Miller School of Medicine. My colleagues and I analyzed the autopsy tissues of the testicles of six men who died of COVID-19 infection. 

The result: COVID-19 virus appeared in the tissues of one of the men; decreased numbers of sperm appeared in three. 

Another patient – this one survived COVID-19 – had a testis biopsy about three months after his initial COVID-19 infection cleared up. The biopsy showed the coronavirus was still in his testicles. 

Our team also discovered that COVID-19 affects the penis. An analysis of penile tissue from two men receiving penile implants showed the virus was present seven to nine months after their COVID-19 diagnosis. Both men had developed severe erectile dysfunction, probably because the infection caused reduced blood supply to the penis. 

Notably, one of the men had only mild COVID-19 symptoms. The other had been hospitalized. This suggests that even those with a relatively light case of the virus can experience severe erectile dysfunction after recovery."

dopey cant have kids. aw, too bad.

Edited by Mark F

1 hour ago, Mark F said:

"

I am the director of the Reproductive Urology Program at the University of Miami’s Miller School of Medicine. My colleagues and I analyzed the autopsy tissues of the testicles of six men who died of COVID-19 infection. 

The result: COVID-19 virus appeared in the tissues of one of the men; decreased numbers of sperm appeared in three. 

Another patient – this one survived COVID-19 – had a testis biopsy about three months after his initial COVID-19 infection cleared up. The biopsy showed the coronavirus was still in his testicles. 

Our team also discovered that COVID-19 affects the penis. An analysis of penile tissue from two men receiving penile implants showed the virus was present seven to nine months after their COVID-19 diagnosis. Both men had developed severe erectile dysfunction, probably because the infection caused reduced blood supply to the penis. 

Notably, one of the men had only mild COVID-19 symptoms. The other had been hospitalized. This suggests that even those with a relatively light case of the virus can experience severe erectile dysfunction after recovery."

dopey cant have kids. aw, too bad.

Nature's way of removing the unfit from the gene pool.

2 hours ago, Mark H. said:

Does anyone know the double vax rate of Winnipeg? 

The rate of change is going to slow as well. As fas as I under we are now at the point that we are pretty much waiting for people to become eligible for second doses (21 or 28 days). 

Starting to look like the BC Interior has lore issues than fire and smoke. 15% of BC population and 60% of today’s cases and growing. 

It feels like an evil plot to ruin another vacation for my family. 

4 minutes ago, GCJenks said:

The rate of change is going to slow as well. As fas as I under we are now at the point that we are pretty much waiting for people to become eligible for second doses (21 or 28 days). 

Starting to look like the BC Interior has lore issues than fire and smoke. 15% of BC population and 60% of today’s cases and growing. 

It feels like an evil plot to ruin another vacation for my family. 

@Rich These merged posts are a PITA. My two comments were more than 5 seconds apart. I actually went to another forum, posted something there, looked up a stat someone had texted me before my second post. A different thought than the quote I was replying too. 

(waiting a couple minutes before the reply button to see what happens. )

4 minutes…

1 hour ago, GCJenks said:

@Rich These merged posts are a PITA. My two comments were more than 5 seconds apart. I actually went to another forum, posted something there, looked up a stat someone had texted me before my second post. A different thought than the quote I was replying too. 

(waiting a couple minutes before the reply button to see what happens. )

4 minutes…

Rich is off on a canoeing trip. Maybe shoot him a PM in a few days. 

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/calgary/covid-growth-alberta-1.6120076

Health and infectious disease experts say the rate at which COVID-19 cases are growing in Alberta is alarming, as it spreads faster than during the height of the pandemic's third wave. 

The R-value, which represents the number of people infected by each infected person, was 1.48 (with a confidence interval of 1.38-1.59) in Alberta as of Sunday, according to Alberta Health.

That number — which has doubled in recent weeks — means 100 people with the virus will spread it to 148 others.

"The current R-value provincewide is one of the highest we've seen throughout the pandemic. So although the numbers are low today, the rate of viral spread is really as fast as we've seen at any other point during the pandemic," said Craig Jenne, an immunologist and microbiologist at the University of Calgary.

"This really is the foundation for what everybody refers to as exponential growth … it is definitely laying the potential and the groundwork for a large surge of viral cases in the coming weeks."

During the pandemic's third wave, when around 1,500 new cases were being reported in Alberta each day, the R-value hovered around 1.15.

57 minutes ago, TrueBlue4ever said:

The merge happens within 5 minutes, not 5 seconds. 

Just do what I do - write all your thoughts in one very long-winded post and wait for the “TLDR” from those irritating, short attention span folk. 😄

Thanks for the correction, I must have read the thread about merging posts too quickly. 

Three additional deaths were also reported:

• A woman in her 50s from the Interlake–Eastern health region, linked to the B.1.1.7 (alpha) variant of concern
• A woman in her 70s from the Northern health region, linked to the alpha variant of concern
• A man in his 80s from the Southern Health region linked to an unspecified variant of concern