Covid-19

JCon

well that's done, I got my second vaccination and in two weeks I can apply for my vax card.

May be an image of 1 person

I celebrated by doing something I had been wanting to do for awhile....I bought a cotton candy burrito from Tee-Yah's (because the explained to me once how long these are supposed to last, and they would only last about 20 minutes wrapped in cotton candy, so I felt it would be necessary to have a ride with me, and I told them I would need two spoons to share with my ride, because it was kind of big anyway)

Edited by iHeart

‘I’m at Breaking Point’: Radio Host Who Regrets Mocking Vaccines Is ‘Fighting for His Life’

A conservative radio host in Tennessee, who repeatedly spread misinformation about coronavirus and mocked vaccines but changed his tune after falling seriously ill, was still fighting for his life on Saturday, weeks after contracting the virus.

Phil Valentine, who hosts a talk radio show on 99.7 WWTN-FM in Nashville, is hospitalized and is receiving supplemental oxygen while in critical care battling COVID pneumonia, his family said in a statement Friday. 

“They say he is still not getting well.. please pray for me,” his wife, Susan, told the station on Saturday morning, according to a tweet. “I am at a breaking point.”

On Saturday afternoon, Julia Campbell Shirley declined to comment on her son-in-law’s condition before hurriedly telling The Daily Beast: “I certainly think people should be vaccinated.”

Valentine had repeatedly downplayed COVID-19 and dismissed guidance from health officials about the seriousness of the virus and the importance of getting vaccinated.

‘I’m at Breaking Point’: Phil Valentine, Radio Host Who Regrets Mocking Vaccines, Is ‘Fighting for His Life’ (thedailybeast.com)

Japanese Pharma Firm Joins Pfizer and Merck in Race to Develop COVID Pill Cure

Reuters

The race to develop an oral cure for COVID-19 has just heated up with the announcement that Japanese pharmaceutical company Shionogi has started human trials for its once-a day tablet meant to neutralize the virus in patients. Pfizer and Merck are already in later-stage trials for similar treatments, which are presently missing as a tool to battle the pandemic. Pfizer’s twice-daily treatment could be available by the end of 2021. The advent of a reliable cure would be especially important for those who cannot be vaccinated for health reasons, say medical experts.

35 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

No sympathy for the people spreading this bullshit when they get sick. What's the rights favourite phrase? **** around and find out.

The prevailing thinking in the alt-right camp is that anyone who does not get vaccinated but still gets sick had weak genes and needed to be weeded out anyways. If this sounds suspiciously similar to Nazi eugenics, you are correct. After all the Trumpenfeurher gos sick and recovered miraculously all by himself, right? He had der korrect ubergenes, at least by his thinking. All those doctors were just hovering around him in awe as he healed himself. 

1 hour ago, Noeller said:

Just don't ditch the masks and other measures.... It'll come raging back in no time. Hopefully MB is smarter than AB... 

I think you are overblowing things a tad at this point. It's the unvaxed that are the problem here as it was always going to be. The point was never 0 covid, the point was to get it to a manageable level.

1 hour ago, Noeller said:

Just don't ditch the masks and other measures.... It'll come raging back in no time. Hopefully MB is smarter than AB... 

11 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

I think you are overblowing things a tad at this point. It's the unvaxed that are the problem here as it was always going to be. The point was never 0 covid, the point was to get it to a manageable level.

As someone who is going to be travelling through AB in a couple weeks ho will we be treated if we follow common sense and wear masks in crowded areas or visiting dinosaurs?

54 minutes ago, GCJenks said:

As someone who is going to be travelling through AB in a couple weeks ho will we be treated if we follow common sense and wear masks in crowded areas or visiting dinosaurs?

You will get stared at.... People here are complete lunatics who want no part of masks or any other measures. They don't even want people talking about COVID. It's over and it'll never come back. Move on and act like it never happened. That's Alberta and Albertans right now. Complete ******* lunatics. 

Edited by Noeller

6 minutes ago, Noeller said:

You will get stared at.... People here are complete lunatics who want no part of masks or any other measures. They don't even want people talking about COVID. It's over and it'll never come back. Move 9n and act like it never happened. That's Alberta and Albertans right now. Complete ******* lunatics. 

Could always wear this shirt

?size=900

4 hours ago, GCJenks said:

nah it'll be fine. plus visiting dinosaurs is awesome so who cares what other people think? 

Anti-vaxxer warns doctors and nurses of execution by hanging for administering life-saving vaccines

The conspiracy theories promoted by anti-vaccine activists reached a fevered pitch during a Saturday rally.

Conspiracy theorist Kate Shemirani suggested there could be Nuremberg-like trials where doctors and nurses would be hanged for administering the coronavirus vaccines, which promoted one British doctor to alert London's Metropolitan Police Service.

Conspiracy theorist, anti-vaxxer and struck-off nurse Kate Shemirani is here literally threatening NHS doctors with… https://t.co/DDBZRVUX5z
— Rachel Clarke (@Rachel Clarke) 16271

Anti-vaxxer warns doctors and nurses of execution by hanging for administering life-saving vaccines - Alternet.org

12 hours ago, GCJenks said:

Yeah were in the same boat. Were heading to Nanaimo to visit family and Westjet was nice enough to change our connecting flight in Calgary from a one hour layover to an 8 hour(2pm to 10pm). We cant possibly stay in the airport that long with a toddler so were thinking about going to a restaurant for dinner and mall play area/park for our daughter to run around. Re-thinking our plans now.

21 minutes ago, Bubba Zanetti said:

Yeah were in the same boat. Were heading to Nanaimo to visit family and Westjet was nice enough to change our connecting flight in Calgary from a one hour layover to an 8 hour(2pm to 10pm). We cant possibly stay in the airport that long with a toddler so were thinking about going to a restaurant for dinner and mall play area/park for our daughter to run around. Re-thinking our plans now.

I hate connecting in Calgary on my way west. I will leave at 5am if I have to for the direct to Vancouver. On the way home it usually isn't an option as I am often looping through Kelowna and going back to Van and then home just feels wrong to me even if the overall time is the same.

7 minutes ago, GCJenks said:

I hate connecting in Calgary on my way west. I will leave at 5am if I have to for the direct to Vancouver. On the way home it usually isn't an option as I am often looping through Kelowna and going back to Van and then home just feels wrong to me even if the overall time is the same.

Yeah if it was my wife and i booking we would have taken direct to Vancouver and taken the ferry over to Nanaimo. But my dad wanted to pay for our flights as an early christmas gift and used his aeroplan points, so were stuck in Calgary for 8 hours. He thought he was doing us a favor flying directly into Nanaimo but we were looking forward to the ferry! Didnt have the heart to tell him lol.

On 2021-07-25 at 8:30 AM, Tracker said:

A conservative radio host in Tennessee, who repeatedly spread misinformation about coronavirus and mocked vaccines but changed his tune after falling seriously ill, was still fighting for his life on Saturday, weeks after contracting the virus.

also

"Tennessee’s top health official in charge of vaccines claimed Monday she’d been ousted for her department’s efforts to vaccinate teens against the coronavirus, even as the highly transmissible delta variant bears down.

“I have been terminated for doing my job because some of our politicians have bought into the anti-vaccine misinformation campaign rather than taking the time to speak with the medical experts,” Dr. Michelle Fiscus, who was fired Monday as the medical director for vaccine-preventable diseases and immunization programs at the Tennessee Department of Health, said in a blistering statement later that day. “They believe what they choose to believe rather than what is factual and evidence-based. And it is the people of Tennessee who will suffer the consequences of the actions of the very people they put into power.”

Edited by Mark F