Covid-19

JCon

2 minutes ago, WildPath said:

I haven't used my card yet. Do they check photo ID as well? If they don't is there anything stopping people from just borrowing a valid card?

Using Bomber games as an example, you'll need to bring:

1) Vaccination QR code or physical vaccination card

2) Photo ID

3) Game ticket

1 minute ago, WildPath said:

Is that true for restaurants/museums and the like too?

I believe so.  Everything that I've seen referencing proof of vaccination has also said that it has to match your ID.  It kinda makes sense, otherwise people could get away with fake QR codes.

Delta Variant Now Makes Up 83% Of New U.S. COVID Cases: CDC Director

The more transmissible delta variant of the coronavirus now makes up about 83% of new COVID-19 cases in the U.S., with the majority of deaths occurring in unvaccinated people, the director of the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention said Tuesday.

“This is a dramatic increase up from 50%, the week of July 3,” Dr. Rochelle Walensky said of the current rate of cases involving the delta strain during a Senate hearing. “In some parts of the country, the percentage is even higher.”

Over the last week, the U.S. has averaged 239 deaths per day from the virus. This is a near-48% increase from the prior week. The overwhelming majority of deaths are among those who are unvaccinated, she said.

On 2021-07-20 at 8:54 AM, WildPath said:

I haven't used my card yet. Do they check photo ID as well? If they don't is there anything stopping people from just borrowing a valid card?

I know what I would say if an unvaccinated person asked to use my card. The first word would start with F as would  many other words in every sentence. 

6 minutes ago, the watcher said:

I know what I would say if an unvaccinated person asked to use my card. The first word would start with F as would  many other words in every sentence. 

I would generally agree with this. Though my wife, despite being fully vaccinated and 2 weeks past her 2nd vax, can't get a card. (International students aren't quite considered people in PC MB). I would totally loan my card to someone in this predicament, though I'd hope it isn't possible to loan cards in the first place.

1 hour ago, the watcher said:

Agreed, if someone asked me to borrow my vax card... they would be in for a unvarnished metadescriptive fire hose of profanity that would make George Carlin blush.

Edited by wanna-b-fanboy