Covid-19

JCon

Pfizer Will Seek OK for Booster Shot That Could Fight Delta Variant 

Joe Raedle/Getty News
There’s some good news from Pfizer: Initial tests indicate that a COVID vaccine booster shot could dramatically improve protection against the virus and even the dreaded Delta variant. The drugmaker announced Thursday that it plans to seek federal approval for a third shot that would ideally be administered between six and 12 months after the second vaccine. At the same time, CNBC reports, Pfizer and BioNTech are also developing an updated vaccine that would be tailored to fight the more-contagious Delta variant, which is now the dominant strain in the U.S. and many other countries.

1 hour ago, Tracker said:

Joe Raedle/Getty News
There’s some good news from Pfizer: Initial tests indicate that a COVID vaccine booster shot could dramatically improve protection against the virus and even the dreaded Delta variant. The drugmaker announced Thursday that it plans to seek federal approval for a third shot that would ideally be administered between six and 12 months after the second vaccine. At the same time, CNBC reports, Pfizer and BioNTech are also developing an updated vaccine that would be tailored to fight the more-contagious Delta variant, which is now the dominant strain in the U.S. and many other countries.

Invest in Pfizer.

3 hours ago, Tracker said:

What The Lambda COVID-19 Variant Means For Us Right Now.

Right now it means Michael Hutchison @ CKY pronounces it Lambada.

3 hours ago, Tracker said:

Joe Raedle/Getty News

Great news but... the majority of the world is unvaccinated meaning more variants will appear. Until we get poor countries vaccinated properly we'll never get a handle on the new variants. Yes, we'll need a booster shot in 6-12 months but wiil we run into "vaccine fatigue" where people will just say **** it not get a third shot? Certainly, the anti vaxxers will be out in full force claiming governments are indeed trying to change our DNA or some other ridiculous claims. People who are unvaccinated will be more at risk of being targets of Covid 19. Billions more vaccine shots need to get into poor third world countries to stop this pandemic. Waiving patents has to be done so more vaccines can be reproduced.

Edited by SpeedFlex27

16 minutes ago, Super Duper Negatron said:

Why...why....WHY?! is the immunization card website and login totally separate from Shared Health, which already has my immunization record? Aargh!

Or why the card app for the phone does not have your digital card....yet. This say it's coming.

6 minutes ago, iHeart said:

Do we need to use the same information to register to book our appointments to get our vax card?

Visit here. You register using your email. Then enter your medical card info 2 weeks after 2nd shot.

Edited by FrostyWinnipeg

Just now, FrostyWinnipeg said:

Or why the card app for the phone does not have your digital card.

Can't even download the app right now for Android. 

I just set up a bookmark on my phone to get to the QR code. 

I should order a t-shirt with the QR code right on it. 

"Scan Me, I'm Vaxxed!" 

I am so embarrassed that AB doesn't have the card/app that you guys do, and am hopeful there will be a way to grant me access to IGF at the end of August. I'm fully vaccinated and have a piece of paper from the AB Gov, but we don't have the QR code thing. I know the federal card is coming eventually, but might not be till fall/winter....

8 minutes ago, rebusrankin said:

So apparently there's going to be a delay in Vax cards due to demand.

Not surprising, but atleast the digital ones are instantaneous. Doesnt help tech dummies like me who still have flip phones lol. Luckily my wife has the latest and greatest smart phone.

Edited by Bubba Zanetti

10 minutes ago, Bubba Zanetti said:

Not surprising, but atleast the digital ones are instantaneous. Doesnt help tech dummies like me who still have flip phones lol. Luckily my wife has the latest and greatest smart phone.

Oh, you have one of those fancy new folding phones. Tech savant! :10_wink: :24_stuck_out_tongue: