23 hours ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:
Pfizer vaccines for 17 and under.
Moderna vaccines for 18 and over.
Booking for tomorrow.
Medigroup health center
14-1585 Kenaston Blvd
204-410-5200 EXT 205

also

Every supersite in Manitoba will be offering only walk-in COVID-19 vaccine appointments on Wednesday, July 14.

Thanks a tonne @FrostyWinnipeg- I was able to get an appointment for my nephew tomorrow with the info you provided.

I really appreciate it, man.

Pfizer vaccine less effective against delta variant

A study conducted in Israel found that the Pfizer COVID-19 vaccine is somewhat less effective against the more infectious delta variant, though it was still found to be effective at preventing severe illness.

As The Wall Street Journal reports, the Pfizer vaccine protected 64 percent of immunized people during an outbreak of the delta variant, a sharp drop when compared to the 94 percent of people it had previously been shown to protect. However, the shot was still 94 percent effective at preventing severe illness, a slight decrease from the 97 percent that were kept from experiencing severe illness previously.

And apparently a new, more virulent virus mutation has emerged. 

31 minutes ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

Thanks a tonne @FrostyWinnipeg- I was able to get an appointment for my nephew tomorrow with the info you provided.

I really appreciate it, man.

My son went in there this morning, appointment was for 8:30 and he didn't get in for his shot until 9:45.  They were a bit disorganized, and there might have been a doctor who didn't show up this morning which could have caused the problems.  Either way, both of my 12+ kids now have both vaccines so we're as protected as we can be.

NEW Last updated: July 8, 2021

Public health officials advise three new deaths in persons with COVID-19 are being reported today:

• a male in his 60s from the Northern health region linked to the B.1.1.7 (alpha) variant of concern;
  • a female in her 70s from the Southern Health-Sante Sud health region linked to the B.1.1.7 (alpha) variant of concern; and
  • a male in his 70s from the Winnipeg health region linked to the B.1.1.7 (alpha) variant of concern.

The current five-day COVID-19 test positivity rate is 5.4 per cent provincially and 5.2 per cent in Winnipeg. As of 9:30 a.m. today, 86 new cases of the virus have been identified. However, five cases were removed due to data corrections. This brings the net-new number of cases today to 81 and the total number of lab-confirmed cases in Manitoba to 56,667.

Of the 86 cases reported today, the COVID-19 data shows:

• 16 new cases in the Interlake-Eastern health region; 
  • 11 new cases in the Northern health region;
  • 10 four new cases in the Prairie Mountain Health region;    
  • 10 new cases in the Southern Health-Santé Sud health region; and    
  • 39 new cases in the Winnipeg health region.
  • The data also shows:  
  • 1,016 active cases and 54,494 individuals who have recovered from COVID-19;
  • 142 Manitobans hospitalized with COVID-19 in Manitoba and neighbouring provinces, including: 
    • 56 people in hospital in Manitoba with active COVID-19 as well as 81 people in hospital with COVID-19 who are no longer infectious, amounting to a total of 137 hospitalizations;  
  • a total of 39 Manitoba patients receiving intensive care for COVID-19 including:
    • 13 people in intensive care units in Manitoba with active COVID-19 as well as 21 people with COVID-19 who are no longer infectious but continue to require critical care, amounting to a total of 34 ICU patients in Manitoba; and
    • five Manitoba patients in intensive care units outside the province, all of whom are in Ontario;
  • 40 patients previously receiving care in an out-of-province ICU have now been returned to Manitoba hospitals for further care; and
    • no COVID-19 patients were transported out of province for care yesterday.
  • 1,445 laboratory tests were completed yesterday, bringing the total number of lab tests completed since early February 2020 to 841,118; and
  • the total number of deaths in people with COVID-19 is 1,157.

22 hours ago, Noeller said:

Anyone who's not following Trevor Tombe on Twitter

really should. He posts, daily, all kinds neat statistical data about the vaccination rates across Canada, and comparisons to other countries, especially the US. If you're into the statistical end of things, it's a great follow....

Longest MBB post ever!

5 minutes ago, iHeart said:

🌊🌊🌊🌊

No spectators for the upcoming Olympics in Japan as they go into a state of emergency a couple of weeks before they are due to start, I don't see Japan on that graft I posted earlier but their vac rate can't be very high 

Edited by bustamente

1 minute ago, bustamente said:

No spectators for the upcoming Olympics in Japan as they go into a state of emergency a couple of weeks before they are due to start, I don't see Japan on that graft I posted earlier but it can't be very high 

It's super low. Like under 30% for one shot and 15% for two. 

To be clear we will continue to have new cases for the next while to both vaccinated and unvaccinated, this virus is not going away, it's the outcome of getting the virus that is dictated, by what you do even Roussin said on Monday sooner rather than later they wont even be reporting the numbers of new cases day to day the goal has always been to prevent people from getting terminally sick and keeping the general population out of the hospital and that's what the vaccine is supposed to do

9 minutes ago, bustamente said:

To be clear we will continue to have new cases for the next while to both vaccinated and unvaccinated, this virus is not going away, it's the outcome of getting the virus that is dictated, by what you do even Roussin said on Monday sooner rather than later they wont even be reporting the numbers of new cases day to day the goal has always been to prevent people from getting terminally sick and keeping the general population out of the hospital and that's what the vaccine is supposed to do

Is doing

What The Lambda COVID-19 Variant Means For Us Right Now. The newest coronavirus strain has been reported in 29 countries. Here's what you need to know.

The lambda variant is now a virus of interest, according to the World Health Organization.
The delta variant first identified in India is spreading widely in the United States, accounting for more than half of all new COVID-19 infections. But even as it becomes the dominant strain here, threatening to increase new infections among unvaccinated individuals, a new variant, called the lambda variant, or C.37, has also caught public health officials’ attention.

The strain was recently identified as a “variant of interest” by the World Health Organization, and health experts are watching it closely as it spreads throughout South America and elsewhere in the world. Here’s what you need to know about it:

Where did experts discover it and where has it spread?
The lambda variant was first identified in Peru in late 2020 but was only classified a variant of interest by the WHO in mid-June 2021. That’s because it has now spread to 29 countries and seems to be circulating pretty widely in South America.

In Peru, for example, lambda accounts for roughly 80% of all new infections that have been sequenced since this spring. It is also increasingly prevalent in Chile and Argentina, the WHO warned.
There is reason to be concerned about where lambda is spreading. South America has emerged as a COVID-19 hotspot, accounting for roughly a quarter of the global death toll from the virus. There are many factors likely contributing to South America’s current crisis, including low vaccination rates, crowded cities and the emergence of new variants like this one, The Wall Street Journal reported.

Why is lambda a variant of interest?
Lambda is being closely monitored by international health agencies precisely because it is circulating so widely in South America and because it has spread to other areas of the world, including the United States, Britain and Canada.

The WHO considers a new mutation a “variant of interest” if it has genetic changes that affect virus characteristics (like how transmissible it is or how it affects disease severity) and if it has led to significant community transmission or clusters.

However, at this point lambda hasn’t yet risen to the level of being a “variant of concern,” such as the delta variant, which has really pressing global public health significance.

What The Lambda COVID-19 Variant Means For Us Right Now | HuffPost Life

24 minutes ago, GCJenks said:

@NoellerAlberta has the second highest percentage of fully immunized of all the provinces. I’m shocked but the people are doing it despite what we all expected. SK in 3rd, some really surprising numbers why aren’t the people in the Atlantic getting second doses?

I think a lot of the 2nd doses are related to a lack of first doses. 

31 minutes ago, 17to85 said:

I think a lot of the 2nd doses are related to a lack of first doses. 

Both numbers will be relatively low compared to the rest of the country when all is said and done. We just started doing 2nd doses earlier is why it looks like we're doing well. Almost everyone I know that wants one, has their second dose. 

8 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Both numbers will be relatively low compared to the rest of the country when all is said and done. We just started doing 2nd doses earlier is why it looks like we're doing well. Almost everyone I know that wants one, has their second dose. 

I mean gotta give credit to AHS for being pretty effective at delivering the vaccines. But yeah too many people here don't want a shot.