Covid-19

JCon

Four additional deaths were also reported:

Saturday, July 3:
• A man in his 60s from the Winnipeg health region, linked to the linked to the B.1.1.7 (alpha) variant of concern
Sunday, July 4:
• A man in his 40s from the Winnipeg health region, linked to the linked to the alpha variant of concern
• A man in his 80s from the Winnipeg health region, linked to the linked to the alpha variant of concern
Monday, July 5:
• A man in his 70s from the Southern Health–Santé Sud health region, linked to the alpha variant of concern

One additional death was also reported:

• A man in his 70s from the Southern Health region

Health officials say there are 972 active cases, 54,392 people have recovered, and 63 people are in the hospital with active COVID-19 cases, including 15 in the intensive care unit. The death toll in the province is 1,152.

Tuesday’s cases include:

• 5 new cases in the Interlake–Eastern health region
• 2 new cases in the Northern health region
• 2 new cases in the Prairie Mountain Health region
• 3 new cases in the Southern Health region
• 24 new cases in the Winnipeg health region

41 minutes ago, bustamente said:

August 1 milestone reached in the first week of July, second doses flying out the door

Gee, it's almost like they set easy targets that they knew we would make... 

But, this is a good thing. Now, we can look forward to Thursday for looser health restrictions announcements.

This gov't, despite the early struggles, has really done a good job of getting needles in arms. There have been some questionable decisions on distribution but, hopefully, going forward, we won't see those again. 

1 minute ago, Mark H. said:

And the majority of Manitobans are doing their part.  We need give credit where credit is due. 

this can not be overlooked. Manitobans, as C(c)onservative as they can be, are doing a great job (outside of the Bible Belt) of getting vaccinated. Alberta is, yet again, the embarrassment of the nation. We're never going to see 80% of 12+, and I have a hard time seeing us with 75% (single dose). We're just shy of 50% second doses, and will likely get up around 65 or 70, but we'll be lagging behind the rest of the country forever, I'm sure...

14 minutes ago, JCon said:

Gee, it's almost like they set easy targets that they knew we would make... 

But, this is a good thing. Now, we can look forward to Thursday for looser health restrictions announcements.

This gov't, despite the early struggles, has really done a good job of getting needles in arms. There have been some questionable decisions on distribution but, hopefully, going forward, we won't see those again. 

Do you think they do that this week or maybe wait a week, lots of positives in terms of hospital icu cases, daily new cases, active cases and of course tpr all trending in the right direction, on a different note new cases are slowly trending up in Japan weeks before the Olympics in what some are calling the 5th wave, which poses a question, did they just skip the 4th wave 

Edited by bustamente

Just now, bustamente said:

Do you think they do that this week or maybe wait a week, lots of positives in terms of hospital icu cases, daily new cases, active cases and of course tpr all trending in the right direction

They'll do it this week. They wanted one full incubation period, which coincides with the end of the current health restrictions this weekend. 

Everything is where they hoped it would be and we're "ahead" on our vaccine rollout. 

It's also tough, optics wise, to keep the tougher restrictions while SK, AB, and BC all have no mask mandates and are open. (Well SK does this weekend)

58 minutes ago, JCon said:

They'll do it this week. They wanted one full incubation period, which coincides with the end of the current health restrictions this weekend. 

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe the current orders are technically in place until August 2nd. If they wanted the next changes to come into effect sooner they would repeal (not sure if that's the right political term to use) the current ones effective whenever they choose.

3 minutes ago, Stretch said:

Correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe the current orders are technically in place until August 2nd. If they wanted the next changes to come into effect sooner they would repeal (not sure if that's the right political term to use) the current ones effective whenever they choose.

You are correct. I was conflating the announcement around the two-week incubation period prior to announcing new restrictions and hitting the Aug 2nd targets.