Covid-19

JCon

Seven additional deaths were also reported:

• A woman in her 40s from the Winnipeg health region
• A woman in her 50s from the Winnipeg health region, linked to the B.1.1.7 (alpha) variant of concern
• A woman in her 60s from the Southern Health region, linked to the alpha variant of concern
• A man in his 60s from the Southern Health region, linked to the alpha variant of concern
• A man in his 60s from the Winnipeg health region, linked to the alpha variant of concern
• A woman in her 70s from the Winnipeg health region, linked to an unspecified variant of concern
• A man in his 70s from the Southern Health region

Sharp Rise In COVID-19 Cases Sees Europe In Vaccination Race Against Delta Variant

LISBON, Portugal (AP) — Countries across Europe are scrambling to accelerate coronavirus vaccinations and outpace the spread of the more infectious delta variant, in a high-stakes race to prevent hospital wards from filling up again with patients fighting for their lives.

The urgency coincides with Europe’s summer holiday months, with fair weather bringing more social gatherings and governments reluctant to clamp down on them. Social distancing is commonly neglected, especially among the young, and some countries are scrapping the requirement to wear masks outdoors.

Incentives for people to get shots include free groceries, travel and entertainment vouchers, and prize drawings. The president of Cyprus even appealed to a sense of patriotism.

The risk of infection from the delta variant is “high to very high” for partially or unvaccinated communities, according to the European Centre for Disease Control, which monitors 30 countries on the continent. It estimates that by the end of August, the variant will account for 90% of cases in the European Union.

“It is very important to progress with the vaccine rollout at a very high pace,” the ECDC warned.

Sharp Rise In COVID-19 Cases Sees Europe In Vaccination Race Against Delta Variant | HuffPost

21 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

I've seen the reports but I didn't see anyone say it was covid. Has Toews said that it was?

the only thing I saw from his official social media was that he had some kind of immuno-response syndrome thing, but never heard anything about COVID being related...

1 hour ago, Bigblue204 said:

I've seen the reports but I didn't see anyone say it was covid. Has Toews said that it was?

From the Mike Mc WFP opinion...

"Toews, 33, confirmed this week what has been whispered about for months in hockey circles — he's a likely "long-hauler," with lingering symptoms from a February 2020 infection that became so bad he was forced to miss the entire 2021 NHL season. "

When you read that, the chances it's covid is really slim. No one else on CHI had it.

Also he is the guy who said “Does anybody really know how and when people catch this thing?”

1 minute ago, iHeart said:

I wonder if that is going to be the end of Toews in the NHL?

No guarantee either way, but most-long-haulers are sick/off for months and some have been so for months and are still not better. I was listening to an Ontario doctor who was a long-hauler for over a year, still had the foggy brain and periods of dysphoria and was not getting better.