Covid-19

JCon

4 minutes ago, Bigblue204 said:

Also @Noeller I read Vernon's comments as a wish that the CFL would adopt the same rules as the NFL. Vaxxed players getting back to normal, nonvaxxed gotta go through the hoops etc etc...

NFL teams have the facilities and money to accommodate those extra hoops though.  I'm sure Adams would also like to have the same salary cap as the NFL but that's not going to happen either.

I more frustrated with Winkler's Mayor and their MLA Friessen making excuses for their low vax rates. 15% lower than the rest of the province is a joke. Heck Downtown Winnipeg an area with plenty of people who are transient or face other barriers has a much higher vax rate. IMO those jerks need to be called out and shamed.

1 hour ago, 17to85 said:

Because it's endorsing the shitty attitude of "someone else will handle it, no need to do anything personally"

Fair enough. That's not how I read it though. 

1 hour ago, bigg jay said:

NFL teams have the facilities and money to accommodate those extra hoops though.  I'm sure Adams would also like to have the same salary cap as the NFL but that's not going to happen either.

I agree. I don't know why it's a bad thing to want it though?

2 hours ago, rebusrankin said:

I more frustrated with Winkler's Mayor and their MLA Friessen making excuses for their low vax rates. 15% lower than the rest of the province is a joke. Heck Downtown Winnipeg an area with plenty of people who are transient or face other barriers has a much higher vax rate. IMO those jerks need to be called out and shamed.

So 6 months ago or so my wife asked the Winkler Super Store manager why he was letting people in without masks and not dealing with them according to the rules. His answer was because if he called the Police they wouldn't come because the city council told them not to respond to those requests. Take that with a grain of salt because the guy is generally non compliant and it easily could have been BS.  Or not. There were and are other buisnesses in town that rigidly enforce mask policy and I don't believe they have lost many customers.

We among many, many others now limit our business in that community. I go when I have to and only to places that have at least attempted to follow the rules. Probably less than 1/4 of what we use to.

On OB 68 Winklers mayor said Stanley was at %17.  So when I think I need to go there I'll just remind myself that if I walk by 10 people not even 2 of them are vaccinated.  F-ing awful. 

Edited by the watcher

Dire warnings as COVID Delta variant runs rampant in unvaccinated Missouri

First detected in India and now present in at least 80 countries across the globe, the ultra-contagious Delta variant of Covid-19 is now running rampant through communities in the United States, with the most devastating impacts occurring in areas with low vaccination rates.

Missouri—where less than half of the population over the age of 18 has been fully inoculated—has emerged as the U.S. hot spot for the Delta strain, which officials say is fueling the alarming surge in coronavirus infections and hospitalizations that the state has experienced in recent weeks even as cases decline in the U.S. as a whole. Missouri currently has the highest rate of new Covid-19 infections in the country.

Dire warnings as COVID Delta variant runs rampant in unvaccinated Missouri - Alternet.org

Josh Hawley demands Canada be added to religious freedom watch list

In Alberta, Canada, some pastors were arrested after openly defying COVID-19 restriction, and Sen. Josh Hawley of Missouri is claiming that the pastors, James Coates and Tim Stephens, were victims of religious persecution and is asking the Commission on International Religious Freedom to consider placing Canada on a special watch list.

In a letter sent on June 26, the far-right GOP senator wrote, "I am troubled that our Canadian neighbors are effectively being forced to gather in secret, undisclosed locations to exercise their basic freedom to worship. Frankly, I would expect this sort of religious crackdown in Communist China, not in a prominent western nation like Canada."

Josh Hawley demands Canada be added to religious freedom watch list - Alternet.org

On 2021-06-27 at 11:12 AM, Dr Zaius said:

Last name: Unger.

Can't make this **** up. 

I've got my first dose and my second dose scheduled.  I'm very pro Vax.  Let's not get this twisted.  Steinbach Vax rate has steadily climbed since we got a super site in town and they are always fully booked.  

Southern Health is roughly 15% lower than Interlake, Northern and Prairie Mountain (54% instead of 69%) and 21% lower than Winnipeg which is over 75%. Even areas such as Downtown Winnipeg and Point Douglas where there are more transient populations or populations that may lack vehicles, net access or phones have much higher rates than Winkler, Morden and Stanley among others, in fact as the entire Southern region so no twisting speaking truthfully.

You're never going to see rural area having higher vaccine rates than urban areas.  My hope is that Steinbach can reach 70% fully vaccinated which is alot better than most other areas of southern manitoba.  Also better than pretty much any American state.  I think Canada and Manitoba are going to end up being world leaders in vaccination rates.  And that will be to our benefit as the last thing we need is another lock down.  It's time to start enjoying life again. 

I find it funny that my anti Vax friends are all of a sudden worried about an extremely rare risk of complications. I tell them I'm getting vaccinated because I want to live my life and if it kills me it kills me.  Same thing they've been saying about the virus but somehow they are now changing their mentality. 

4 hours ago, Tracker said:

In Alberta, Canada, some pastors were arrested after openly defying COVID-19 restriction, and Sen. Josh Hawley of Missouri is claiming that the pastors, James Coates and Tim Stephens, were victims of religious persecution and is asking the Commission on International Religious Freedom to consider placing Canada on a special watch list.

In a letter sent on June 26, the far-right GOP senator wrote, "I am troubled that our Canadian neighbors are effectively being forced to gather in secret, undisclosed locations to exercise their basic freedom to worship. Frankly, I would expect this sort of religious crackdown in Communist China, not in a prominent western nation like Canada."

Josh Hawley demands Canada be added to religious freedom watch list - Alternet.org

This reminds me, has there been a decision in that case between the various churches and the MB govt?

5 hours ago, Tracker said:

Dire warnings as COVID Delta variant runs rampant in unvaccinated Missouri

First detected in India and now present in at least 80 countries across the globe, the ultra-contagious Delta variant of Covid-19 is now running rampant through communities in the United States, with the most devastating impacts occurring in areas with low vaccination rates.

Missouri—where less than half of the population over the age of 18 has been fully inoculated—has emerged as the U.S. hot spot for the Delta strain, which officials say is fueling the alarming surge in coronavirus infections and hospitalizations that the state has experienced in recent weeks even as cases decline in the U.S. as a whole. Missouri currently has the highest rate of new Covid-19 infections in the country.

Dire warnings as COVID Delta variant runs rampant in unvaccinated Missouri - Alternet.org

Josh Hawley demanding?! Lol pound sand creep.

Americans in general can go take a long walk off a short pier they have no standing internationally after they let their former pos of a President trash his allies and act the way he did on the international stage, they don't care about anyone but themselves proving it by hoarding so much of the vaccine that they really didn't end up needing

18 minutes ago, bustamente said:

Americans in general can go take a long walk off a short pier they have no standing internationally after they let their former pos of a President trash his allies and act the way he did on the international stage, they don't care about anyone but themselves proving it by hoarding so much of the vaccine that they really didn't end up needing

A couple of points: firstly, Hawley and his ilk don't give a spit about America, let alone Canada. Their remarks are red meat for their dimbulb followers and them, alone. Secondly, there have been reports out of the US, that hundreds of thousands of doses of vaccine have been allowed to staledate themselves out of usefulness, and I suspect that there will be a lot more to come.

2 hours ago, bustamente said:

Crazy that they didn't impose a mask mandate or proof of vaccination but in America it's all about your rights and to hell with everyone else

well now I'm kind of concerned about the Habs especially since Armia tested positive