Covid-19

JCon

21 minutes ago, iHeart said:

That's why I went to buy my soaps at Bath and Body today instead of tomorrow. And word for the wise the cookies and cream milkshake foaming hand soap did not smell the way I hoped it would

My 8 year old was pretty bummed by that soap too.

1 hour ago, Mark H. said:

It will be interesting to watch the southern health region.  They don't have a large urban centre, yet they still have 20 - 30 cases every day - about half of Winnipeg's number. 

Similar deal with the Northern health region, but at least they have a semi-decent vaccination rate.

1 hour ago, Colin Unger said:

The thing Is that once the majority of manitoba is doubled vaxxed it probably won't matter as much that a place like Winkler has low double vaccine rates. Where is it gonna come from? 

This is the exact piss poor attitude that has led to the EMBARRASSING (quite frankly) vaccine uptake in South Man... 

Felt so good to eat in a restaurant with the family tonight. 

As for the vaccine uptake or lack there of in the SRHA the only “positive “ I can come up with is looking at many areas of the US with low vaccine uptake seem to be doing okay. I honestly think we’ll be fine. As for moving them to orange with the rest of the province, I think they had too, at least they can eat and shop in their own towns and don’t have to come to the city. 

7 hours ago, Mark H. said:

Hopefully, 25% double vaxxed means fewer of the daily cases will need hospital care.  

It will be interesting to watch the southern health region.  They don't have a large urban centre, yet they still have 20 - 30 cases every day - about half of Winnipeg's number. 

Winnipeg  health - 791,000

Southern Health -   211,000

Prairie Mountain -172,000

Inter Lake Health-133,000

Northern Health- 77,000

So in theory Southern should have 1/3 to 1/4 of the cases. BUT, it should be way less than that because larger centers usually generate higher percentages by shear contact numbers.

Last week I tried to get my shot 10 days early at a walk in due to a business situation. (Wasted the better part of 2 days and never got the shot )  But I was talking for 3 or 4 hours to a guy from Winkler. He works a one of the bigger factories there and said he figured only %25 of his co-workers had a shot. 

I got my 2nd  yesterday by the way.

5 hours ago, Colin Unger said:

The thing Is that once the majority of manitoba is doubled vaxxed it probably won't matter as much that a place like Winkler has low double vaccine rates. Where is it gonna come from? 

What I have heard is the virus is never likely to be totally gone. So they are expecting to have outbreaks in areas where there are low vaccination rates in the future. I would imagine that will bleed out into rest of the province a certain amount

Edited by the watcher

The more I think about Colin's post and that shitty ******* attitude..... I'm realizing those Anti Vaxx Mennos are the kid in high school who's in on a group project and doesn't do any of the work, but still gets the same grade. The rest of us doing all the hard work, following all the rules... To try to get us to some semblance of herd immunity. **** every ******* who didn't follow rules and won't get the shot. You get what you deserve. 

9 hours ago, Noeller said:

The more I think about Colin's post and that shitty ******* attitude..... I'm realizing those Anti Vaxx Mennos are the kid in high school who's in on a group project and doesn't do any of the work, but still gets the same grade. The rest of us doing all the hard work, following all the rules... To try to get us to some semblance of herd immunity. **** every ******* who didn't follow rules and won't get the shot. You get what you deserve. 

I see a lot of parallels to the situation we're facing with climate change, except the climate change situation is even worse. A country only sees a small portion of the benefits from taking active climate change initiatives and receives all the benefits of other countries taking actions. It's why we've seen such little action done even though its pretty obvious the planet is getting pretty bad. That's why we hear the bullshit about "why should we do anything when China (insert other "evil" country, but its usually China) isn't doing their part."

The larger populace gets screwed by anti-maskers/anti-vaxxers, but at least most sensible people can do something to protect themselves individually, while idiots will often face personal consequences from being exposed to the virus. Its kind of shitty for kids or those who are unable to get vaccinated, hospital staff that has been overwhelmed for over a year, and those who may get it despite being fully vaccinated. Not to mention everybody who follows restrictions and wants life to get back to normal and business that have been hurting for far too long.

13 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Spock Encerio GIF

Speed's gif game is on fire.

Also, I don't see why so much hate is getting thrown on @Colin Unger

I didn't see him promoting antivax or anti health orders. That is the goal with herd immunity, if most people are vaxxinated or naturally immune due to previous infection... infections shouldn't be spreading too badly. I mean he's wrong with the conment "where is it going to come from" - break through infectikns are going to happen 94% efficacy (88% for delta)is not 100%... it will come from somewhere. Also, with the higher transmission of the Delta Variant, that **** is going to spread like wildfire through those communities. 

Edited by wanna-b-fanboy

Yeah I'm not sure why Colin is taking heat for that comment. Have I missed him saying people shouldn't be taking the Vax or something?

Also @Noeller I read Vernon's comments as a wish that the CFL would adopt the same rules as the NFL. Vaxxed players getting back to normal, nonvaxxed gotta go through the hoops etc etc...