Covid-19

JCon

11 minutes ago, bustamente said:

Looks like the majority of vaccinations being done lately are 2nd doses, the 75% first dose mark might take a while.

Yeah i think its gonna be a real turtle crawl to get there, if we ever do. Gotta figure that the vast vast majority of people that want the vaccine have already gotten it.

Edited by Bubba Zanetti

1 hour ago, bustamente said:

Looks like the majority of vaccinations being done lately are 2nd doses, the 75% first dose mark might take a while.

1 hour ago, Bubba Zanetti said:

Yeah i think its gonna be a real turtle crawl to get there, if we ever do. Gotta figure that the vast vast majority of people that want the vaccine have already gotten it.

I was worried last week or the week before that we would never see 80% first doses. We administered 3482 first doses yesterday and that is higher than it was when I looked last week or the week before. It seems like the incentive to get vaxxed is getting through and the hesitant ones are starting to get their shots. 
I am more hopeful now that we will hit the target than I have been in a long time. 

The 75% goal of single shots is... what ever- high level of single shots is not going to make or break it for the next wave... the absolute key is shoot for a very high % of 2 shots and keep the mask mandate. Those, IMHO are the important points we should be gunning for.

Delta Variant gives no fucks to single dose.

Edited by wanna-b-fanboy

"Nearly all COVID-19 deaths in the U.S. now are in people who weren’t vaccinated, a staggering demonstration of how effective the shots have been and an indication that deaths per day — now down to under 300 — could be practically zero if everyone eligible got the vaccine."

associatedpress

2 minutes ago, Mark F said:

"Nearly all COVID-19 deaths in the U.S. now are in people who weren’t vaccinated, a staggering demonstration of how effective the shots have been and an indication that deaths per day — now down to under 300 — could be practically zero if everyone eligible got the vaccine."

associatedpress

If that’s the case then eventually cases will get to zero once all the unvaccinated die off. 

Tonight at 7pm is officially 14 days from my second dose. Tomorrow morning, I'm going to feel an incredible sense of relief. While I will be wearing my mask and social distancing for a long while yet, it's going to be a major weight off the shoulders....

9 hours ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Selfish ******.

My son works at a care home here in Rural MB and says there are a several workers that aren't vaccinated . It drives him nuts. Absolute  stupidity.

Just now, the watcher said:

My son works at a care home here in Rural MB and says there are a several workers that aren't vaccinated . It drives him nuts. Absolute  stupidity. And yes, selfish and uncaring.

Does anyone know how the process to transfer a Pfizer appointment to a teen works? I moved my original Pfizer appointment up a week to get Moderna, so I was thinking of seeing if anyone at work had a child in need of an appointment, but the press release didn't make it clear if you could transfer it to any child, or just your own children.

35 minutes ago, Super Duper Negatron said:

Does anyone know how the process to transfer a Pfizer appointment to a teen works? I moved my original Pfizer appointment up a week to get Moderna, so I was thinking of seeing if anyone at work had a child in need of an appointment, but the press release didn't make it clear if you could transfer it to any child, or just your own children.

I think you need to call the booking line and talk to an actual human. They should get you sorted out.

NEW Last updated: June 25, 2021

Public health officials advise one new death in a person with COVID-19 has been reported today:

• a male in his 70s from Southern Health-Sante Sud linked to the B.1.1.7 (alpha) variant of concern.

The current five-day COVID-19 test positivity rate is 5.9 per cent provincially and 6.5 per cent in Winnipeg. As of 9:30 a.m. today, 85 new cases of the virus have been identified. However, one case has been removed due to data correction. This brings the net-new number of cases today to 84 and the total number of lab-confirmed cases in Manitoba to 55,777.

Today’s COVID-19 data shows:

• 10 cases in the Interlake-Eastern health region; 
  • eight cases in the Northern health region;
  • five cases in the Prairie Mountain Health region;    
  • nine cases in the Southern Health-Santé Sud health region; and    
  • 53 cases in the Winnipeg health region.

1,635 active cases and 53,007 individuals who have recovered from COVID-19;

• 197 Manitobans hospitalized with COVID-19 in Manitoba and neighbouring provinces, including: 
    • 98 people in hospital in Manitoba with active COVID-19 as well as 87 people in hospital with COVID-19 who are no longer infectious, amounting to a total of 185 hospitalizations;  
  • a total of 66 Manitoba patients receiving intensive care for COVID-19 including:
    • 28 people in intensive care units in Manitoba with active COVID-19 as well as 26 people with COVID-19 who are no longer infectious but continue to require critical care, amounting to a total of 54 ICU patients in Manitoba; and
    • 12 Manitoba patients in intensive care units outside the province, with 11 in Ontario and one in Alberta;  
  • 35 patients previously receiving care in an out-of-province ICU have now been returned to Manitoba hospitals for further care; and
    • no COVID-19 patients were transported out of province for care yesterday.
  • 1,625 laboratory tests were completed yesterday, bringing the total number of lab tests completed since early February 2020 to 823,640; and
  • the total number of deaths in people with COVID-19 is 1,135.

30 minutes ago, Stretch said:

That's the thing about loosened restrictions: just because you now CAN do something (e.g. go out to a restaurant, have 10 people over in your backyard) doesn't mean you SHOULD. Unfortunately most people will react like they're at the mall on Boxing Day morning.

That's why I went to buy my soaps at Bath and Body today instead of tomorrow. And word for the wise the cookies and cream milkshake foaming hand soap did not smell the way I hoped it would