Covid-19

JCon

So who exactly is going to make sure people have had both shots and are fully vacinnated or are they leaving it to the honour system, I might of missed it since I didn't listen to the q and a but will you have to produce a vaccination card to get into events or indoor dining with friends and acquaintances.

3 minutes ago, bustamente said:

So who exactly is going to make sure people have had both shots and are fully vacinnated or are they leaving it to the honour system, I might of missed it since I didn't listen to the q and a but will you have to produce a vaccination card to get into events or indoor dining with friends and acquaintances.

There was something about an app being available shortly that will be able to read the QR codes.  My guess would be that the venues will have to be on the honor system to a point, but likely fined very heavily if they are caught allowing exceptions.

6 minutes ago, iHeart said:

darn they've gone right back up

TPR went down, so I wouldn't really worry too much about the higher numbers of new cases.

3 minutes ago, Sard said:

There was something about an app being available shortly that will be able to read the QR codes.  My guess would be that the venues will have to be on the honor system to a point, but likely fined very heavily if they are caught allowing exceptions.

I am more worried about people using work arounds to fake 2 dose proof. I feel there should be a HEAVY penalty for those scoff-laws. 

Just now, Bigblue204 said:

How many times do you think it's gonna take before people get this?

To be fair, the TPR usually comes out after the initial roll out of new cases. Knee jerk reaction- I find myself dispirited when I see the new case numbers rise and have to remind myself to actively search out the TPR and the tests performed (I wish they would include a five day average of daily testing). 

1 minute ago, Super Duper Negatron said:

The province should take the choice away and reserve Pfizer for the younger demo.

They should have done that a few weeks ago when it was approved to mix vaccines.... 

Doesn't seem like an issue though- the Moderna looks to be ok'd for 12-17 yo by the end of the week.

1 hour ago, JCon said:

One of the issues I experienced trying to book for my mother was that once you have your appointment, you can't change it before cancelling your original. It would be helpful if the system just let you update your appointment, rather than forcing you to cancel first.  Now, that doesn't apply to the pharmacies but you need to know where to look for those appointments. 

People get confused. 

Many of my family and friends have booked Moderna in a pharmacy and received shots yesterday and today without cancelling their appointment ahead of time. The Safeway/Sobeys booking site is super easy to use. 

https://www.pharmacyappointments.ca/

Just now, GCJenks said:

Many of my family and friends have booked Moderna in a pharmacy and received shots yesterday and today without cancelling their appointment ahead of time. The Safeway/Sobeys booking site is super easy to use. 

https://www.pharmacyappointments.ca/

Yes, I was referring only to the MB Gov booking site. Not a big deal but it would help. 

Really really love how MB is doing this.... Rewarding the double vaxxed with greater freedoms. AB calls or a violation of privacy (whether you're vaxxed or not) and gives everyone the same privileges. Gross. I'm uncomfortable going anywhere with large numbers of people because you don't know who the insane ones are. 

10 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Really really love how MB is doing this.... Rewarding the double vaxxed with greater freedoms. AB calls or a violation of privacy (whether you're vaxxed or not) and gives everyone the same privileges. Gross. I'm uncomfortable going anywhere with large numbers of people because you don't know who the insane ones are. 

Most times (not always) they self identify. :-)

On 2021-06-22 at 3:02 PM, JCon said:

@CodyT

I'll be there next week!

Thanks fellas!!

Appreciate this. I am open in Onanole as well as 2 more in portage la prarie starting this Weekend. 

Jcon send me a text when you are up at the lake I'd like to put a face to the name

12 hours ago, Noeller said:

Good stuff here...this suggests no limit on the number of fully vaxxed in attendance....

My cousin dated this guy for a lengthy period of time

Really cool dude. Was always jealous of his profession 

15 hours ago, Noeller said:

The ones that scream Freedom are the ones that do the least & then complain they have the right to be treated equally. That's Alberta's way & Noeller is right.