Covid-19

JCon

1 minute ago, JCon said:

We're ahead of everyone in single vax but, as you noted, around 20% behind the US in full vaccinations. 

But catching up very quickly. We're vaccinating at a much higher rate, and will catch them in a few weeks I believe. There's a guy on Twitter who tracks this stuff and tweets out various data/charts/graphs every day....

Just now, Noeller said:

But catching up very quickly. We're vaccinating at a much higher rate, and will catch them in a few weeks I believe. There's a guy on Twitter who tracks this stuff and tweets out various data/charts/graphs every day....

Oh yeah, we're going to be number one in the world very soon on both fronts. 

2 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Not if the bible belts in Manitoba, Alberta and Saskatchewan have anything to say about it.

5 minutes ago, iHeart said:

For some reason I feel like this is going to be too much too fast and we'll be back to where we started again, my dad may be getting his second dose today but mine isn't coming for another month

I am trying to understand vaccine hesitancy. If you are as concerned as you would appear to be why are you waiting a month for a scheduled vaccine appointment? Moderna shots are available as soon as today in many pharmacies around the city, why wait another month to visit a super site?

2 minutes ago, GCJenks said:

I am trying to understand vaccine hesitancy. If you are as concerned as you would appear to be why are you waiting a month for a scheduled vaccine appointment? Moderna shots are available as soon as today in many pharmacies around the city, why wait another month to visit a super site?

What's even nuttier... Moderna is ~2-4% more efficacious than Pfizer...

We should be reserving the Pfizer shots for 12-17 year olds...  

3 minutes ago, GCJenks said:

One of the issues I experienced trying to book for my mother was that once you have your appointment, you can't change it before cancelling your original. It would be helpful if the system just let you update your appointment, rather than forcing you to cancel first.  Now, that doesn't apply to the pharmacies but you need to know where to look for those appointments. 

People get confused. 

7 minutes ago, JCon said:

One of the issues I experienced trying to book for my mother was that once you have your appointment, you can't change it before cancelling your original. It would be helpful if the system just let you update your appointment, rather than forcing you to cancel first.  Now, that doesn't apply to the pharmacies but you need to know where to look for those appointments. 

People get confused. 

THe province should have staffed more on the phones and maybe included a pop up chat feature on the covid appointment website (like on all the telecom companies' web sites). Put more resources in effective communication for all things covid vax related.

17 minutes ago, GCJenks said:

no I'm not hesitating, I just don't feel comfortable mixing both Pfizer and Moderna even though they have clearly stated several times that they are both the same ingredients

14 minutes ago, Noeller said:

Good stuff here...this suggests no limit on the number of fully vaxxed in attendance....

My second shot is July 7, so two weeks after that will put me on the good list a couple weeks before kick off! 

9 minutes ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

What's even nuttier... Moderna is ~2-4% more efficacious than Pfizer...

We should be reserving the Pfizer shots for 12-17 year olds...  

This.

I can't get my 13 year old daughter in for her second because we don't know how many Pfizer there will be. Anyone have any suggestions?

Children under the ages of 12 will follow their parents vaccination status. This suggests to me that I will be able to take my 11 year old to the Bomber game on August 5th. I'm not sure if I will, as that may depend on what's happening with the variants, but I'm glad I'll be able to choose. 

EyQKSgCVcAY8T1t.jpg

2 minutes ago, iHeart said:

no I'm not hesitating, I just don't feel comfortable mixing both Pfizer and Moderna even though they have clearly stated several times that they are both the same ingredients

one dose mRNA vaccine against Delta variant= 33% efficacy.

two dose mRNA vaccine against delta Variant = 84%-88% efficacy. 

Delta will be the dominant strain in a little over a month. Go get Moderna and be safe. 

Mixing is fine. 

11 minutes ago, itchy said:

My second shot is July 7, so two weeks after that will put me on the good list a couple weeks before kick off! 

This.

I can't get my 13 year old daughter in for her second because we don't know how many Pfizer there will be. Anyone have any suggestions?

My wife spent time on the booking website refreshing over and over until a cancellation opened up a spot.  It takes time, but hearing a few people have done it that way.

21 minutes ago, itchy said:

This.

Are you scheduled for Pfizer shot on July 3rd?

So... our neighbor (who is a cop) just told us the most amazing story ever (NSFW)
Apparently, at one of the recent anti-mask rallies, a counter-protestor (i.e. pro-mask, pro-vaccine) showed up with:

Spoiler

1. A large sign that said #DickForDicks
2. A box of 4 inch dildos, which she proceeded to throw at anti-mask protestors.

She had about 400 of them. When asked, she said if they wore masks they wouldn't have to worry about having the projectiles going in their mouths.