Covid-19

JCon

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/north/bakers-beaver-creek-vaccine-plea-1.6031121

Two people who snuck into the small Yukon community of Beaver Creek earlier this year, posing as locals to get doses of the Moderna COVID-19 vaccine, have pleaded guilty to charges under Yukon's Civil Emergency Measures Act (CEMA)

On Wednesday morning, Rod and Ekaterina Baker of Vancouver entered guilty pleas in Yukon Territorial Court to a charge each of failing to adhere to an entry declaration form and failing to self-isolate.  

They've been fined the maximum $500 plus a $75 surcharge on each count, totalling $2,300. They will serve no jail time. 

Such lame punishment for these two selfish fucks.

Just now, Bubba Zanetti said:

Where did you book at? Most people i know that booked recently for their 2nd dose are having to wait a month at the Leila site.

I got mine 2 days after becoming eligible at Pure Lifestyle clinic: https://www.purewinnipeg.com/covid-19-vaccination-clinic

Looks like they are currently waiting on a new shipment of vaccines from the province, but might be a place to watch when the new shipment of Moderna comes in next week.

3 hours ago, Bubba Zanetti said:

Where did you book at? Most people i know that booked recently for their 2nd dose are having to wait a month at the Leila site.

WCC. Total guess, but choosing Moderna probably helped. Pfiz people cant choose Mod but AZ'ers can.

After booking i was watching todays gov't briefing and they announced 7k of AZ coming in. Oh well.

Also there are a couple of pop-up clinics that are doing mRNA as well. So if you in south Pembina, there's one at the old Zellers.

Edited by FrostyWinnipeg

2 hours ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

WCC. Total guess, but choosing Moderna probably helped. Pfiz people cant choose Mod but AZ'ers can.

After booking i was watching todays gov't briefing and they announced 7k of AZ coming in. Oh well.

Also there are a couple of pop-up clinics that are doing mRNA as well. So if you in south Pembina, there's one at the old Zellers.

I thought they said today you can book Moderna as your second if you had Pfizer.

Would be nice if there was clarification on this. Ive also heard many times over the last couple days that you can mix and match pfizer and moderna. I even heard on CJOB yesterday one of the doctors in charge encouraging listeners to mix in order to get both doses faster. If thats the case and the site is blocking pfizer people from choosing moderna, thats horseshit and needs to be corrected like yesterday. Ill gladly add a moderna to my pfizer and save myself a month+ of waiting.

https://www.gov.mb.ca/covid19/vaccine/eligibility-criteria.html

Eligibility Criteria: First and Second Doses

Last updated: June 16, 2021

All Manitobans aged 12 years and older are eligible to schedule a first dose vaccine appointment. 

Manitoba has identified priority populations to have access to a second dose of COVID-19 vaccine first. The following people are eligible to schedule a second dose mRNA appointment, regardless of which vaccine they received for their first dose - Pfizer, Moderna or AstraZeneca/COVISHIELD:

Pfizer shots disappearing all over the province. Cannot book ahead for Pfizer now at Leila, RBC, Selkirk, Steinbach, Gimli, Brandon, or The Pas. Government tweeted out that theyre not expecting many Pfizer shots to be delivered during the rest of this month and into July. Managed to book a Pzifer shot for July 16, but ill be heading out to Morden to get it lol. At least someone will be using their shots.

Edited by Bubba Zanetti