Covid-19

JCon

On 2021-06-09 at 10:21 AM, bustamente said:

May be an unpopular take but if you are not medically exempt from getting the vaccine and you chose not to and require the service of an icu you should be charged an appropriate fee for the service of trying to keep your stupid ass alive.

Not an unpopular take but that's not how universal healthcare works. No one can be denied. Those dickheads know that & are now crowding our ICU's across the country with Covid but saying it's something else.

On 2021-06-10 at 3:10 PM, JCon said:

Fantastic! I'm getting mine two hours earlier and two provinces over. 

Congrats JCon!

10 minutes ago, iHeart said:

we are under 200 today

Looking for silver lining when 7 dead 😰

* A man in his 70s from the Northern health region, linked to the B.1.1.7 variant of concern
* A woman in her 80s from the Southern Health–Santé Sud health region
* A woman in her 90s from the Southern Health–Santé Sud health region, linked to the B.1.1.7 variant of concern
* A man in his 70s from the Southern Health–Santé Sud health region, linked to an unspecified variant of concern and an outbreak at Carman Memorial Hospital
* A man in his 60s from the Winnipeg health region linked to the B.1.1.7 variant of concern
* A man in his 60s from the Winnipeg health region linked to the B.1.1.7 variant of concern
* A man in his 70s from the Winnipeg health region linked to the B.1.1.7 variant of concern

Edited by FrostyWinnipeg

38 minutes ago, Noeller said:

I'm not sure if Roussin has said anything on this, but in AB they've mentioned that north of 90% of the cases are either unvaccinated or were within two weeks of their first shot. It's a real statement in support of getting the shot. 

The great unwashed & tooth gap doubters will say they didn't catch Covid as it's fake. They caught something else like the flu.

43 minutes ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

Looking for silver lining when 7 dead 😰

* A man in his 70s from the Northern health region, linked to the B.1.1.7 variant of concern
* A woman in her 80s from the Southern Health–Santé Sud health region
* A woman in her 90s from the Southern Health–Santé Sud health region, linked to the B.1.1.7 variant of concern
* A man in his 70s from the Southern Health–Santé Sud health region, linked to an unspecified variant of concern and an outbreak at Carman Memorial Hospital
* A man in his 70s from the Winnipeg health region linked to the B.1.1.7 variant of concern

none of the deaths are related to the Delta Variant? 7 is too damn high for deaths they confirmed yesterday that one of the deaths was because of the Delta variant

43 minutes ago, Noeller said:

I'm not sure if Roussin has said anything on this, but in AB they've mentioned that north of 90% of the cases are either unvaccinated or were within two weeks of their first shot. It's a real statement in support of getting the shot. 

It has been said and many of the hospitalizations are first being diagnosed at hospital. Presenting as sick not as covid sick. Boundary Trails is experiencing denial from patients right up until ventilation or death that they don’t have covid, covid is fake. 

17 minutes ago, Tracker said:

And we picked up new fashion accessories:

Be safe out there in the park!

All jokes aside: many have good reasons for wearing a mask when alone in their car.  They could be Healthcare / Homecare workers traveling to the next site.  They are limited to x number of masks per day.  

6 hours ago, Mark H. said:

All jokes aside: many have good reasons for wearing a mask when alone in their car.  They could be Healthcare / Homecare workers traveling to the next site.  They are limited to x number of masks per day.  

I actually found myself doing it today as I drove from a store on side of the street to the next one a few blocks over and across. 

Concerning Article:

"At the Foothills hospital, 16 patients on two units — as well as six health-care workers — have tested positive for the delta variant.

Six of the patients and five of the health-care workers received two doses of the vaccine, while seven patients and one health-care worker had a single dose. All of those infected were vaccinated with an mRNA vaccine."

Edited by wanna-b-fanboy

17 hours ago, Mark H. said:

If they are doing so, they, whether it is of their choosing or as directed, this is in complete violation of infection control procedures and probably the law. If they wear the same mask from one patient to another, there is a grave risk of carrying the virus along.

Edited by Tracker

21 minutes ago, Tracker said:

If they are doing so, they, whether it is of their choosing or as directed, this is in complete violation of infection control procedures and probably the law. If they wear the same mask from one patient to another, there is a grave risk of carrying the virus along.

Depends if it's a covid positive  household or not. Reality is, they have to choose between following protocols or doing their job properly. 

1 hour ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

Concerning Article:

"At the Foothills hospital, 16 patients on two units — as well as six health-care workers — have tested positive for the delta variant.

Six of the patients and five of the health-care workers received two doses of the vaccine, while seven patients and one health-care worker had a single dose. All of those infected were vaccinated with an mRNA vaccine."

This might push 2nd dose for AZ people up from the recommended 2-3 months.

Edited by FrostyWinnipeg

1 hour ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

Concerning Article:

22 hours ago, Noeller said:

Roussin hasn't given exact numbers on this, that I'm aware of, but has stated on multiple occasions that all the cases requiring ICU beds in Manitoba were from unvaccinated (or within 2 weeks of vaccination) patients. 

2 hours ago, Mark H. said:

Depends if it's a covid positive  household or not. Reality is, they have to choose between following protocols or doing their job properly. 

The point is that they do not always know when someone is infected but asymptomatic. This is very wrong if it is going on.

Just now, iHeart said:

getting lower

I hope with all my heart that this is the beginning of the downward slide of COVID.