Covid-19

JCon

1 hour ago, blue_gold_84 said:

Same! Tuesday at 16:20 at RBCCC! Can't wait to complete the 5G upgrade!!

never mind my earlier post - managed to get a booking for tonight at 7 in Red Deer......weeoooooooo!!!! LFG!

Edited by Noeller

1 minute ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

I'm 1.5 month in from first shot and could book 2nd but holding out.

I got my 2nd shot after 6 weeks... looked up a bunch of studies and it was hard to decypher it all.  What I got from it was 8-12 weeks got you a more effective immediate result, but 4 weeks looked like better long term efficacy.  I decided to split the difference and got the 2nd dose right away to be more protected ASAP.

8 hours ago, JCon said:

F......

It's not a plan. It's a vague series of milestones that we would have hit anyhow. 

I’m not sure we will ever hit the 80/75 target. Sad to think there are over 200 000 whackadoos  that won’t get the shot but I am beginning to wonder…

The good news is 4300 first dose appointments were made the day the Lotto Vax was announced. 

1 hour ago, GCJenks said:

I’m not sure we will ever hit the 80/75 target. Sad to think there are over 200 000 whackadoos  that won’t get the shot but I am beginning to wonder…

The good news is 4300 first dose appointments were made the day the Lotto Vax was announced. 

Workers at the supercentre in Selkirk say they are currently vaccinating mostly second shot. 

Sadly this was not mentioned today yet.

Six additional deaths...SIX!

• A man in his 60s from the Southern Health region, linked to an unspecified variant of concern
• A man in his 70s from the Interlake–Eastern health region, linked to the B.1.1.7 variant of concern
• A woman in her 70s from the Winnipeg health region
• A man in his 70s from the Winnipeg health region, linked to the B.1.1.7 variant of concern
• A woman in her 80s from the Winnipeg health region, linked to the B.1.1.7 variant of concern and the outbreak at Beacon Hill Lodge Personal Care Home
• A woman in her 90s from the Southern Health region, linked to the outbreak at Carman Memorial Hospital

Edited by FrostyWinnipeg

21 minutes ago, Mark H. said:

Workers at the supercentre in Selkirk say they are currently vaccinating mostly second shot. 

We need something like 130000 additional first doses to be done. I’m not sure there are that many on the fence to be swayed to do the right thing. 

Some personal good news, I have a funky new QR code on my phone and after some allergy issues my wife has been cleared for her second dose. 

5 minutes ago, iHeart said:

at this rate I won't get to book my second shot til the 19th

I think appointments are currently full until mid-July in Winnipeg, anyhow. Perhaps if we get a few more guaranteed deliveries, they may open more spots. 

NEW Last updated: June 11, 2021

Public health officials advise two new deaths in persons with COVID-19 have been reported today:

• a female in her 80s from the Winnipeg health region; and
  • a female in her 90s from the Winnipeg health region, linked to the B.1.1.7 variant of concern.

The current five-day COVID-19 test positivity rate is 10.6 per cent provincially and 11 per cent in Winnipeg. As of 9:30 a.m. today, 223 new cases of the virus have been identified. However, one case has been removed due to data correction. This brings the net-new number of cases today to 222 and the total number of lab-confirmed cases in Manitoba to 53,872.

Today’s COVID-19 data shows:

• 20 cases in the Interlake-Eastern health region; 
  • 27 cases in the Northern health region.  
  • 14 cases in the Prairie Mountain Health region;    
  • 36 cases in the Southern Health-Santé Sud health region; and    
  • 126 cases in the Winnipeg health region The data also shows: 
  • 3,490 active cases and 49,293 individuals who have recovered from COVID-19;
  • 306 Manitobans hospitalized with COVID-19 in Manitoba and neighbouring provinces including: 
  • 197 people in hospital in Manitoba with active COVID-19 as well as 79 people in hospital with COVID-19 who are no longer infectious, amounting to a total of 276 hospitalizations;  
  • a total of 93 Manitoba patients receiving intensive care for COVID-19 including:
  • 45 people in intensive care units in Manitoba with active COVID-19 as well as 18 people with COVID-19 who are no longer infectious but continue to require critical care, amounting to a total of 63 ICU patients in Manitoba; and
  • 30 Manitoba patients in intensive care units outside the province, with 27 in Ontario, one in Saskatchewan and two in Alberta;  
  • 23 patients previously receiving care in an out of province ICU have now been returned to Manitoba hospitals for further care including two who were repatriated yesterday;
  • no COVID-19 patients were transported out of province for care yesterday;
  • 2,267 laboratory tests were completed yesterday, bringing the total number of lab tests completed since early February 2020 to 797,359; and
  • the total number of deaths in people with COVID-19 is 1,089.

Actually 5 RIP 😢

Five additional deaths were also reported:

• A man in his 60s from the Southern Health–Santé Sud health region, linked to the B.1.1.7 variant of concern
• A woman in her 60s from the Winnipeg health region, linked to an unspecified variant of concern
• A woman in her 60s from the Winnipeg health region, linked to the B.1.1.7 variant of concern
• A man in his 60s from the Winnipeg health region, linked to the B.1.1.7 variant of concern
• A woman in her 70s from the Winnipeg health region

Health officials say there are 3,437 active cases, 49,633 people have recovered, and 204 people are in the hospital with active COVID-19 cases, including 37 in the intensive care unit. The death toll in the province is 1,093.

Saturday’s cases include:

• 23 cases in the Interlake–Eastern health region
• 32 cases in the Northern health region
• 23 cases in the Prairie Mountain Health region
• 53 cases in the Southern Health region
• 163 cases in the Winnipeg health region

Edited by FrostyWinnipeg