Covid-19

JCon

I will say this - it's a much more cautious approach than either AB or SK took in their re-opening. Slowly phasing it in over the entire summer, rather than just flinging open the doors at the beginning and hoping for the best.

Looking at this from the Bombers perspective, 50% capacity by the start of the season (August 5th) if vaccination levels are met....it's not perfect, but it's something. 

F......

3 minutes ago, Noeller said:

I will say this - it's a much more cautious approach than either AB or SK took in their re-opening. Slowly phasing it in over the entire summer, rather than just flinging open the doors at the beginning and hoping for the best.

Looking at this from the Bombers perspective, 50% capacity by the start of the season (August 5th) if vaccination levels are met....it's not perfect, but it's something. 

It's not a plan. It's a vague series of milestones that we would have hit anyhow. 

1 hour ago, JCon said:

F......

It's not a plan. It's a vague series of milestones that we would have hit anyhow. 

What is unclear to you and give me an example of a tiered plan that doesn't rely on benchmarks or milestones. The fact that it is a Conservative plan is all you are bitching about. Give it a rest. We get it you don't like the PC party. This is as much a reopening plan as anything that's come out from other provinces. 

Edited by GCn20

3 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

I think it would be dangerous to build anything around solely those 2 parameters. The targets are there and are very clear, the targets in Manitoba will be 2 dose vaccination levels. Roussin and Pallister made it very clear that health care strain will be a determinant as well but if we meet the vaccination targets they are confident that health care strain won't be a factor. If we meet the vaccine goals and there is still massive health care strain then it is all for nought anyway because it means the vaccines are not effective.

Then they should be called "benchmarks".  This is certainly not a "plan" in any sense of the word.

Just now, iHeart said:

I'm probably late to the party for knowing this, but now you can fill the consent forms online. they've added a check that would ask if you've had your first dose already

Thanks, I didn't know this. 

Definitely not a plan, but I think for good reason. It is very hard to put a clear and defined plan in place when there are so many variables and it really is a moving target. Lots may depend on the Delta variant or any other variants that could mess up the most thought out plan.

To be accurate, what it is is a rebranding of the restart/reinfect MB plan we've had in place since we "defeated" Covid last fall and spent money to attract tourism and large events. I wonder if that plan is officially retired now.

12 minutes ago, Jpan85 said:

Just saw the Pfizer CEO talking and he said they are hopping to get approval by the end of the year for a oral treatment for Covid-19. This will be probably the thing that gets us total back to normal.

well that would be good news for those that actually did contract the virus

53 minutes ago, Jpan85 said:

Just saw the Pfizer CEO talking and he said they are hopping to get approval by the end of the year for a oral treatment for Covid-19. This will be probably the thing that gets us total back to normal.

I'm proud of MBB for not making any jokes here.