Covid-19

JCon

Definitely hoping we go with some kind of vaccine passport. As Rich said, some people can't get vaccinated. Just as having unvaccinated kids in school puts kids that can't get a vaccine at risk, having unvaccinated people at a Bombers game makes it a risky endeavor for those who may not be able to get vaccinated. I may be willing to offer a concession if the anti-vaxxers agreed to wear a mask the whole time, unfortunately the anti-vaxxers are often anti-maskers as well.

19 hours ago, WildPath said:

I may be willing to offer a concession if the anti-vaxxers agreed to wear a mask the whole time, unfortunately the anti-vaxxers are often anti-maskers as well.

Just do what I do... propagate the "Vaccine Shedding" theory. Seriously, some of those die hard antivaxxers will literally wear a mask because they are afraid of vaccine shedding.

1 hour ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

Just do what I do... propagate the "Vaccine Shedding" theory. Seriously, some of those die hard antivaxxers will literally wear a mask because they are afraid of vaccine shedding.

Oh my god that's it. We have to make the conspiracy come full circle and spread propaganda that the anti-vaxxers are actually run by the government to prevent people from getting the steroid-enhanced vaccine that helps increase brain capacity by 60%.

GENIUS.

Three additional deaths were also reported:

•    A man in his 60s from the Winnipeg health region and linked to the B.1.1.7 variant of concern
•    A woman in her 80s from the Winnipeg health region and linked to the B.1.1.7 variant of concern
•    A man in his 80s from the Winnipeg health region and linked to the B.1.1.7 variant of concern

Health officials say there are 4,069 active cases, 47,607 people have recovered, and 228 people are in the hospital with active COVID-19 cases, including 43 in the intensive care unit. The death toll in the province is 1,075.

Sunday’s cases include:

•    9 cases in the Interlake-Eastern health region
•    12 cases in the Northern health region
•    25 cases in the Prairie Mountain Health region
•    32 cases in the Southern Health region
•    143 cases in the Winnipeg health region

1,993 laboratory tests were completed yesterday, bringing the total number of lab tests completed since early February 2020 to 785,905.

It looks like I'll have to wait one more announcement before I can book my second dose (but my mother can book hers) but from the counting I did it looks like I won't get to book no earlier than the 29th of July

Edited by iHeart

1 hour ago, bustamente said:

Sounds like we are going to have our lowest daily case count in a long time today, let hope people are recovering and getting out of the icu's and the tpr starts downward this week

well you were definitely right

From ChrisD:

Manitoba reports 169 new cases of #COVID19 today, bringing the total to 52,919. • 3,962 active cases • 223 in hospital (active), 47 in ICU (active) • 47,880 recovered • 1,077 deaths • 1,838 tests yesterday, 787,762 since February 2020

9 minutes ago, iHeart said:

well you were definitely right

From ChrisD:

Manitoba reports 169 new cases of #COVID19 today, bringing the total to 52,919. • 3,962 active cases • 223 in hospital (active), 47 in ICU (active) • 47,880 recovered • 1,077 deaths • 1,838 tests yesterday, 787,762 since February 2020

I can't take credit for that info , someone has the numbers well in advance of them being posted

7 minutes ago, bustamente said:

As long as Covid and all of the variants are around people will die just like people die from the yearly flu

Typically variants will evolve to have a higher infectious rate and a lower mortality rate.   It is in the best interest of the virus not to kill the host to perpetuate its own life.

Hopefully in time, this proves to be true with Covid as well, and it becomes just another seasonal flu.

1 hour ago, Rich said:

Typically variants will evolve to have a higher infectious rate and a lower mortality rate.   It is in the best interest of the virus not to kill the host to perpetuate its own life.

Hopefully in time, this proves to be true with Covid as well, and it becomes just another seasonal flu.

I had read that covid was an oddball in that it can spread before symptoms appear so it wasn't necessarily getting less deadly as it mutated. Guess we will just have to see what happens.

5 hours ago, 17to85 said:

I had read that covid was an oddball in that it can spread before symptoms appear so it wasn't necessarily getting less deadly as it mutated. Guess we will just have to see what happens.

But like any other virus, it is still more likely to spread when symptoms are present. 

Morons of the week

still no Springs Church....did anyone get sick after attending that grad? well at least one church is getting fined up the wazoo

oh I love this Paragon is getting fined, they always get  up in your face trying to sell you stuff and it's makeup

for god sakes not yet, they've been dropping but not low enough

great

of course we still have to wait awhile to go over the border because that is still Trudeau's call

I'd rather have the physical one because I don't always get along with my smartphone

Edited by iHeart