Covid-19

JCon

15 minutes ago, JCon said:

Cases are going down if you look at the 7 day average change. And, TPR is dropping too!

But 6 RIP!!!

• A Southern woman in her 60s
• A Winnipeg woman in her 70s (B117)
• A Southern womanin her 80s (unspecified VOC)
• A Winnipeg woman in her 80s
• A Southern man in his 90s (B117)
• A Winnipeg woman in her 90s (B117)

23 hours ago, JCon said:

Even if that were true (hooboy), I'm not sure how being the victim of espionage makes Canada somehow complicit. 

One does not have to be complicit to be indirectly responsible. 

22 hours ago, Tracker said:

A significant drop, thank God.

Describe your post ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

I was planned...my momma was no *****...are you suggesting you were the result of a broken rubber down Higgins?

Until the ICU's are cleared out of Covid patients we should expect a fair share of them to unfortunately pass away, we are getting closer to 70% first doses given, we might top out at 75%, and now with 2nd doses well on there way we should less people needing to go the hospital, well at least those that are vaccinated.

6 minutes ago, GCn20 said:

One does not have to be complicit to be indirectly responsible. 

But there is zero evidence that Canada was involved and zero evidence that this was lab created. I know people like to find conspiracies but, honestly, the most likely answer is probably the most correct.

It's telling that a rag that downplayed the virus and have been calling it a hoax, all of sudden want to blame people and governments. I thought it was a hoax? They're just trying to sell you something. 

40 minutes ago, bustamente said:

Until the ICU's are cleared out of Covid patients we should expect a fair share of them to unfortunately pass away, we are getting closer to 70% first doses given, we might top out at 75%, and now with 2nd doses well on there way we should less people needing to go the hospital, well at least those that are vaccinated.

the monkey wrench in all of it might be B1.617.2.....

9 minutes ago, bustamente said:

I guess we will have to wait and see what effectiveness the vaccines have against this particular variant

Two doses effective so far....but can we get enough people double-dosed before it takes a hold...that's the question. It's currently messing up plans in the UK (daily cases, hospitalizations/icu's all climbing every day...)  and they're 75/45 vaxxed.....sooooo.... it's a little dicey.

First off... I was no fan of the Selinger government... but having the dubious distinction of have the WORST PER CAPITA RATE OF NEW COVID INFECTIONS, NORTH OF THE MEXICAN BORDER is something I feel the previous government would have avoided- thats just me.

Also, those changes, sorry cuts, to the ICU bed numbers and closing emergency rooms across the city... wouldn't have happened and would not have exacerbated the strain on our healthcare system...

/rant.

Idiot needs to keep his mouth shut.

Edited by wanna-b-fanboy

So, schools are remote for the rest of the year in Winnipeg, Brandon and a few other places. 

To the parents out there, how are your kids coping with this year's remote learning? 

My boys (11 and 7) are not doing well. The youngest has challenges staying focused, engaged and on task. It's been terrible. My oldest is fine but I fear he's not learning much.

This year is so much worse. 

8 minutes ago, JCon said:

So, schools are remote for the rest of the year in Winnipeg, Brandon and a few other places. 

To the parents out there, how are your kids coping with this year's remote learning? 

My boys (11 and 7) are not doing well. The youngest has challenges staying focused, engaged and on task. It's been terrible. My oldest is fine but I fear he's not learning much.

My kids have been doing ok with it this year.  My boys (both 16) are doing surprisingly fine, but could use more interaction with friends as far as us parents are concerned.  My daughter (8) is actually doing really well with it this year because she has 3 video calls a day with her class and then a bunch of homework.  Last year she struggled with only 1 call a day and not nearly enough work, she was just bored.

Overall, the experience this year has been much better than it was last year for us.  I do agree with you though that I wonder how much any of them are actually learning compared to what they are supposed to.

personally from the point of view from someone working in the school? I'm so over this school year (and so is my supervisor, I'm going to have to speak to teachers about informing students to start going through their bags and any clutter in their rooms for overdue or missing books)

Edited by iHeart

19 minutes ago, JCon said:

It has been a real struggle for both of my kids and one is graduating this year.   Should have been the best year of his life.

31 minutes ago, JCon said:

My 8 yr old is doing okay, his parents... It definitely is harder on us than last year. There is much more structured learning and takes more effort from both of us to make it happen. My wife has been WFH since last March but that doesn't allow her much time to supervise his learning. I have returned to WFH 4 out of 5 days a week to try and help wit his learning but my work is suffering and all of us need a mental health break. 8 year old needs to see his friends and have interaction that isn't a screen and parents need to see some other walls and talk to other people. Seeing some mountains or the ocean would do wonders for us. 

13 minutes ago, GCJenks said:

My 8 yr old is doing okay, his parents... It definitely is harder on us than last year. There is much more structured learning and takes more effort from both of us to make it happen. My wife has been WFH since last March but that doesn't allow her much time to supervise his learning. I have returned to WFH 4 out of 5 days a week to try and help wit his learning but my work is suffering and all of us need a mental health break. 8 year old needs to see his friends and have interaction that isn't a screen and parents need to see some other walls and talk to other people. Seeing some mountains or the ocean would do wonders for us. 

I hear you on the parents needing to talk to other people.  My wife and I were talking across the street to our neighbor the other day and when we came back in the house we both said something like "wow, that was really nice to talk to people in person"

39 minutes ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

So our ICU transfer death total is 2? 3? and they are supposedly the best ICU patients to transfer?

We stopped AZ cause of couple blood clot deaths.

Just thinking 🤔

I think "best" means the most stable at the time. Outcomes certainly vary. 

1 hour ago, JCon said:

Total **** show. Want this over and was really disappointed they didn't send K-6 back. They are getting very little actual learning out of this compared to the stress it is putting on everyone, least of all us the parents who are also trying to work during the day. My kids are 10 and 8 by the way.

Also, helpful hint to all you Facebook or Instagram heroes on my feed that post perfectly staged smiling happy photos of everyone after just another swell day of remote learning. **** you.

Joking of course.

(sort of)

For real though, SeeSaw notifications actually cause me physical harm at this point.

Edited by Super Duper Negatron