Covid-19

JCon

22 minutes ago, SpeedFlex27 said:

Dr. Bohemier was my chiropractor back in 1979. His cousin worked with me & recommended him. I went to see Bohemier about my left knee that I had injured badly 4 years earlier. He was a sane young chiropractor with a busy practice on Provencher Blvd at the time.

He's certainly become unhinged since which is sad to see. Don't know what would have radicalized him although some chiropractors hate anything to do with medications for things like pain, swelling or to return to better health. I remember that he was indeed like that believing manipulation can cure everything as it all has to do with spinal cord health.

I stopped going to him when it looked like my treatments were never going to stop. I asked him after 3 weeks of twice a week appointments how many more treatments I'd still have to come for as my knee wasn't improving & he couldn't answer me. I felt like I was being scammed. I was definitely turned off chiropractic for the rest of my lifr so far & have used a chiropractor only once or twice since. I started going to physiotherapists instead & still do today with much better results.

If you can get in to see one, osteopaths have the skills of both chiropractic and physiotherapists plus other abilities. 

Scottish covid variant

Solid article by Bartley:

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/manitoba/manitoba-third-wave-analysis-1.6043632

"They dithered with half-measures, ignoring the science and evidence all around them, and eroded public trust while squandering a month-long cushion at the start of the third wave," Souradet Shaw, a social epidemiologist at the University of Manitoba, said in a series of tweets on May 20 after Manitoba Shared Health began to transfer ICU patients out of province.

"Instead of developing a clearly articulated and evidence-based strategy to tackle predictable surges, they impugned critics; misled the public through distortions, obscuring data, and accountability, and blamed everyone but themselves."

1 hour ago, wanna-b-fanboy said:

We also need to ramp up and be part of some coalition to help vaccine the poorest countries... I mean check this map:

Until we get the world taken care of... there are going to be constant threats of new variants and immense loss of life.

I’m having a very hard time disagreeing with this. 

1 minute ago, Super Duper Negatron said:

Little weirded out that MB is going ahead with the mix and match plan for AZ without waiting for the results of the study. Lots of comments in that article about allowing the population to make an "informed decision" while also throwing in a lot of ifs and buts.

Just me?

It all depends if you value the results of the UK study over the results of the Spanish study that they are using to inform this decision.  I get a little bit of a "yeah, that's good enough" vibe from it myself.

1 minute ago, Super Duper Negatron said:

Little weirded out that MB is going ahead with the mix and match plan for AZ without waiting for the results of the study. Lots of comments in that article about allowing the population to make an "informed decision" while also throwing in a lot of ifs and buts.

Just me?

It does seem odd. I'm going get one of each for a vaccine cocktail. 

39 minutes ago, Super Duper Negatron said:

Just me?

Also surprised. Granted AZ wont be given to anyone as a first shot anymore and the UK study seemed to indicate you're likely to feel off.

Now where is the study about what happens if youre given 2 shots of Pfi, 2 shots of Moderna,. 2 shots of AZ and 1 shot of J&J :D

16 minutes ago, FrostyWinnipeg said:

Also surprised. Granted AZ wont be given to anyone as a first shot anymore and the UK study seemed to indicate you're likely to feel off.

Now where is the study about what happens if youre given 2 shots of Pfi, 2 shots of Moderna,. 2 shots of AZ and 1 shot of J&J :D

Don't forget the bourbon, scotch and beer.